VOIP no mic squad joiners.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP no mic squad joiners.

I start VOIP squads, which stands for VOIP. i put PWN mic, VOIP PWN, or varients. I always find myself being plagued with people who dont have a mic, and arent even typing anything in chat, and barely following orders. then when i tell them not to join without one, they whine. Do you guys find this annoying?

Re: VOIP no mic squad joiners.

I was commenting on VOIP squads last night in PoE :).

VOIP does not mean microphone. It is like they can hear/have the potential to transmit (Im no tech expert). If someone does not have it at ENABLED, tell an admin. It is required on the server. Try naming your squads mic only or something similar if you only want microphone users.

One of the reasons I don't play PR is because I think it is basically impossible without a mic unless you are constantly typing targets into squad chat. So I can see how that is frustrating.

Comment

VOIP = Voice Over IP, simple as that if don't have voice then ...(somthing rude Im not saying on this forum)

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

There are lots of people who play very effectively without a mic. Emdek is a prime example. He can type chat messages faster than most people can talk over VOIP. When I form a squad, I always check for voice first, and if they dont respond there, i ask for a chat confirmation. If they still dont respond, it's the boot.

Comment

Yeah as Ferris said, there are defenitely a lot of guys out there without mics that are excellent players.

BF2_Default_Player is another prime example, one of the fav guys to have in my squad.

He's like my verbal punchbag :)
          Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Hes just saying if sombody forms a squad called VOIP he is requesting that people only with mikes join, it doesn't get any simpler than that.

Thats not casting any judgement on players skills to play the game its just tham same thing as calling a squad "armor" for tanks.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I use text sometimes even when my mic is ok. I wouldnt chuck someone out for no mic alone but its obviously not a point in their favour.
              No speakers would be worse :p

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Sometimes a quick brief text message is much more effective than VOIP which sometimes gets lost and is more verbose than it needs to be.

Quick and concise. Enemy NE on Hill or NME 50 deg on hill.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  I use text sometimes even when my mic is ok. I wouldnt chuck someone out for no mic alone but its obviously not a point in their favour.
                  No speakers would be worse :p
                  Yeah, generally, I use text for chat and voice for game related stuff.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    There are lots of people who play very effectively without a mic. Emdek is a prime example.
                    Emdek is a prime example of god screwing things up at times :P
                    Smurfs law - Though Shalt back track wherever possible

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      There are lots of people who play very effectively without a mic. Emdek is a prime example. He can type chat messages faster than most people can talk over VOIP. When I form a squad, I always check for voice first, and if they dont respond there, i ask for a chat confirmation. If they still dont respond, it's the boot.
                      BF_Default_player is another who plays well without a mic.

Comment

I say as long as a squad mate can be a team player, can HEAR the SL on VOIP and can anticipate the needs of the squad then all is good. I don't care if they can talk in these cases. I need them to perform well in the squad.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

A big bonus with actually having a mic, as opposed to just being able to listen, is that you can be a lot more effective when it comes to calling out targets -- which could potentially save your whole squad if you're the only one to spot an enemy.

Of course, you could type, but it's likely people won't notice the chat messages when they're right in the thick of it. Then there's also the voice comms, but those will attract attention seeing as they can be heard by the other team (I think?), and they're also offer less details as to where the enemy actually is.

I don't really mind people who don't want to use mics that much though, I'm not the biggest talkative myself. But if you call a squad VOIP, then I think it's fair to assume that you want people who use mics, seeing as the most reasonable in other cases would be to call it TEAMWORK or something similar.
                          snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X