New Spec Op's Kit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spec Op's Kit!

I am excited about this new Special Forces kit. Maybe this time, it will be used as it was intended:)

* Carbine-8+1 mags
    * Silenced Pistols 3+1 mags - stealth is your best friend when alone and behind enemy lines.
    * SLAMs 60s timer x4 - more SLAMs and also more time to plant them and get out.
    * C4 remote detonated - flashbangs are out and one pack of C4 is in to deal with the bigger assets.
    * Parachutes - air drop insertions are back, but remember that you can't open your parachute too close to the ground.
    * Field dressings x3 - you have to count mostly on yourself when wounded. This will help you stay alive.
    * GLTD (SOFLAM) - any player will be able to send the LASER TARGET radio message, no matter if he's a Squad Leader or Squad Member.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: New Spec Op's Kit!

just saw this on the PR forums...

only real benefit i see is the parachutes+field dressings

"These things we do that others may live."
    Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

It seems properly balanced now.
      For being a special operations kit.
      Things will get interesting now at enemy rear flags that have bunkers.
      They won't be safe.

Comment

Thank god these are limited or otherwise everyone would be running around with them. Glad to see they'll finally serve a purpose though.

Biggest thing I can predict: tanks on kashan are going to hate specops guys now. Blackhawk can fly up to 500-600m out of visual range, do a high altitude drop off with a specops guy or two and the tanks start getting lit up like christmas trees.

Comment

Oh, this is almost as good as the Patriots losing the Super Bowl!

This is actually great news. The SLAMs were too limited to do any real damage which is why Sabotage squads were always Engineers. The silenced pistol is also huge.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

They forgot the rope/ grappling hook! How can they forget that... a sniper team (spec ops <spotter> + sniper) usually needs access to otherwise inaccessible vantage points, e.g. rooftops w/o ladder access, that only the rope can allow.

|TG-Irr| smok1ngGUN
            Irr. SpecOp. Platoon

Comment

Yea Ive thought grappling hook in the past too, for a non frontal attack

Will they still get the m4 full auto thing and be limited to 2 per team.

How about a silenced M4 or is that too much, I guess thats more a sniper thing
              Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 02-04-2008, 05:37 AM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I think more maps need tree stands like mestia has. Sniper paradise.

Comment

me wantee!!!!
                  silenced, parachut, c44 , slam....
                  GOD!!!!
                  THIS IS HEAVEN!!!
                  PS: no mines?
                  [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

Just they way I have been wanting it all along! :D

You can finally take out lone infantry with your pistola!

4 slams with a 1 minute timer is definately awesome as well!

Parachute! I am so stoked!
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Rifleman Support, Officer, Special Forces, Engineer, Marksman and Medic. (marksman or medic optional to be replaced by more engineers or removed for a solid 5 or 4 man squad instead)

This is the dream team kit wise for a rear area interdiction. Roads thought safe are no longer safe. Bunkers in the rear are no longer safe. Parked Enemy vehicles at bases are no longer safe.

I haven't done a Spec Ops run in a long long time. I might have to give it a go at some point now.
                      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Nice, I'm looking forward to some Spec. Ops. squads and some nice BlackHawk insertions. Should be fun!

Comment

Sounds like a job for the Little Bird.

I'd like to see the Combat Engineer get the shotgun back. I want so serious hitting power at close range when some pesky enemy tries to shoot me while I'm fixing vehicles etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Thank god these are limited or otherwise everyone would be running around with them. Glad to see they'll finally serve a purpose though.
                            It'll be a shame that the same people that currently grab snipers/marksmen/HAT and don't use them properly will be grabbing these when they find out they have 4 SLAMs so the kits won't be put to any use. With a kits like this a commander approval only looks warranted.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Finally a silencer... about time!!

Now I might actually try this class for once :).
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X