People who drive on anyways..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who drive on anyways..

Can anything be done about idoits who just keep on driving when you tell them to stop and let you & squad out? One guy picked me and 2 squad members up and started taking us towards the direction of 2 tanks (on the oilfield map) which was reasonable since I had the HAT and friendly had spare ammo...When we asked to get out he keeps on driving.. So instead of letting us out so we can go up unseen to blow up the tanks he drives head on into the direction of the tanks full speed which resulted in a tank shell to go into our cabin and blow up the comm truck. I couldve fired off the HAT from the truck hitting one of the tanks but didnt cuz recoil wouldve killed the truck IRL (correct?)

Do you want us to start reporting players who do this or anything? After the whole thing happened the guy didnt say anything and left the server after 2 minutes..
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: People who drive on anyways..

Slap your avatar to the front of their windscreen. See if they stop then.

Comment

I think you can fire HAT or even LAT from the back or front of a truck without a problem

Co trucks are dam tough now, I wouldnt be surprised if it had survived a tank shell

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah, I've never seen any military truck that wasn't up-armored that could take a L-AT, RPG, or similar. The transport trucks in 0.7 are strangely resistant to just about everything. I've put C4 on one and only partially took it down. Seems a little unrealistic in my opinion.

Comment

Im talkin about firing a HAT from the truck though and not killing your buddies... Like the whole discussion about HAT firing from the little bird is that it would completely mess the crew up and maybe even the littlebird itself.. Same as firing a missile from inside a building, it would knock people also inside the room out from the recoil having no where to go and bouncing off the walls.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

The back blast from H-AT and L-AT would be very bad news if fired in the back of an open truck unless the firer was standing. Even then, I don't think they would be too impressed.

Forget hitting a damn thing is the truck is moving....

Comment

I wouldn't try it with HAT you might be able to get away with LAT if you are on the end and no one is around or possibly standing up....

The blast of HAT is fierce hence why you can't do it on a hummer and a Seahawk. Next time if you don't know the driver, the risk of walking is worth it.

and call him out, he might just need some "direction."
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

when i try to fire a hat from the back of a car i get yelled at over voip: 'You idiot, you just killed us all'

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  I wouldn't try it with HAT you might be able to get away with LAT if you are on the end and no one is around or possibly standing up....

The blast of HAT is fierce hence why you can't do it on a hummer and a Seahawk. Next time if you don't know the driver, the risk of walking is worth it.

and call him out, he might just need some "direction."
                  Actually Randy, I am not sure but I believe it's possible to shoot a HAT at least from the rear seat in a vehicle, not that that would ever be useful or even worth trying. I do know that the aiming reticles will center for a shot, just as if you were standing / crouching. Maybe it would be effective as a roving HAT kit out of the back of a Hummer, like an improvised TOW. Maybe you are right though, the blast may getcha.

Anyone tried it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...