More Kit changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Kit changes

This is a welcomed change to the Crewman and H-AT kits.

This is from Jaymz at the PR forums

Crewman PDW

Having creman with full sized assault rifles was a little bit ridiculous. Getting a G3A3 out of a burning T90 would be a little bit too much hastle in RL. So we've issued them more feesable firearms.

PLA : QBZ95b w/ 2+1 mags (PLA SF now use full size QBZ95's with ironsights)

MEC : HK53A3 w/ 2+1 mags

USMC : M4 M68 w/ 2+1 mags (not an M4A1, comes with a single/burt trigger group)

GB : No suitable replacement at this time.

Heavy AT

Due to the delay systems used to portray setting up H-AT systems and aquiring targets, we have come to the conclusion that issuing them Assault Rifles will allow the kit better integration into infantry squads.

PLA : QBZ-95 ironsights w/ 2+1 mags

MEC : G3A3 ironsights w/ 2+1 mags

USMC : M16A4 ironsights w/ 2+1 mags

GB : L85A2 ironsights w/ 2+1 mags
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: More Kit changes

What, no more pistol sniping with the H-AT kit? lol

Nice changes.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Darn, I enjoyed using the HAT like a pilot kit on 16 player maps :(

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Looks good. They should leave gb crewman alone. The bull-pup design of their battle rifle makes them compact enough to have in a vehicle.

Comment

I love the HK53 :)
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I've posted on a few other locations to find out what current modern British tank crews use as their personal defense weapon. Hopefully I get an answer.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Why can't the crewman kit just come with pistals rather than a rifle, that would be better in my eyes. And giving a HAT a rifle aswell this is absurd, I dont want HAT troppers running off on their own thinking they are unstoppable, I liked when he had to use his team to stay alive.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                I've posted on a few other locations to find out what current modern British tank crews use as their personal defense weapon. Hopefully I get an answer.
                L22A2 Carbine - Basically a chopped down L85A2.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as22-e.htm

Comment

Cool beans
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
                    L22A2 Carbine - Basically a chopped down L85A2.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as22-e.htm
                    Me wants!
                    Dunno why they don't have the nice little MP7 (the teeny machine pistol from the vanilla engy kit)
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      Me wants!
                      Dunno why they don't have the nice little MP7 (the teeny machine pistol from the vanilla engy kit)
                      2 possible reasons:-

1. It's avoids a whole load of re-training and having yet another new weapon to support with ammo and spares.

2. Because the round it fires is less effective on targets not wearing body armour than 9mm NATO ball?

Comment

Also there are contract obligations and so on. Even though the MP7 is made by H&K, which is currently owned by a British company, it's still more trouble to get a contract. Similar to the US' adoption of the 9mm Beretta. The main reason though is said above, training and supply. The more similarities between weapons, the easier it is to train soldiers to fire multiple weapons. Similar to the US and the M16, M4, SR25, Patriot and others. Supply is also important, since if you throw a new weapon in the mix, you need the supply and logistics worked out to get the new weapon and related gear (slings, magazines, ammunition, tools) to the right people who use them. Even though a weapon may be used somewhat in say, the SAS, it would still require a lot of work to make it a regular crew served weapon.

Comment

I can see why even if H&K (which is a german company, i didn't know a brit company now owned it) isn't a weapon that would be used on the british team...since well, g3's and other H&K guns are used on the insurgent side. It would be nice if there was a compact brit gun for the HAT kit.

The MP7 would be a nice addition, though I can also see why it wouldn't be used for the insurgents, due to the fact that it just came out, and "insurgents" wouldn't really have the funds to go out and sneak in brand new weapons, since the weapons they use are older ak-47s and i guess in this case older g3's and mp5s etc......
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy
                            2 possible reasons:-

1. It's avoids a whole load of re-training and having yet another new weapon to support with ammo and spares.

2. Because the round it fires is less effective on targets not wearing body armour than 9mm NATO ball?
                            Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                            Also there are contract obligations and so on. Even though the MP7 is made by H&K, which is currently owned by a British company, it's still more trouble to get a contract. Similar to the US' adoption of the 9mm Beretta. The main reason though is said above, training and supply. The more similarities between weapons, the easier it is to train soldiers to fire multiple weapons. Similar to the US and the M16, M4, SR25, Patriot and others. Supply is also important, since if you throw a new weapon in the mix, you need the supply and logistics worked out to get the new weapon and related gear (slings, magazines, ammunition, tools) to the right people who use them. Even though a weapon may be used somewhat in say, the SAS, it would still require a lot of work to make it a regular crew served weapon.
                            I meant in the game... :D
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                              I can see why even if H&K (which is a german company, i didn't know a brit company now owned it) isn't a weapon that would be used on the british team...since well, g3's and other H&K guns are used on the insurgent side. It would be nice if there was a compact brit gun for the HAT kit.

The MP7 would be a nice addition, though I can also see why it wouldn't be used for the insurgents, due to the fact that it just came out, and "insurgents" wouldn't really have the funds to go out and sneak in brand new weapons, since the weapons they use are older ak-47s and i guess in this case older g3's and mp5s etc......

Heckler & Koch (H&K) is indeed a German company, founded in 1949 by three ex-Mauser employees and originally made machine tools, since after WWII, German companies were forbidden to manufacture firearms until 1955 when they produced the G3 and later the HK21 light machine gun.

The downfall of H&K was their greatest triumph, which is the G11 rifle with it's caseless ammunition. Caseless ammunition is advantageous since it would be cheaper to produce in the long run and less weight so an individual soldier can carry more rounds. Plus there is no shell to eject, so less waste and a cleaner design of the rifle. Because of the revolutionary aspect of the G11, it was very costly. The West German Government flip-flopped around on funding until they finally adopted the G11 in 1988 and planned to swap their entire army over to the new weapons system. Unfortunately for H&K, in 1989 the collapse of the Soviet Union and reunification of East and West Germany caused a lot of financial problems with the German economy due to the East German economy being very poor because of Communist mismanagement. Many Government programs got axed, including the G11 rearmament. H&K was left with no chance to recoup it's huge investment in the G11 and facing major financial difficulties, was sold to Royal Ordnance plc in 1991.

It is interesting to note that the G11 was tested by the US but refused due to the cost of swapping everything over to the new system. No NATO allies were interested in the G11, and only a few Special Forces West German units ever received the new rifle.

There will be a test on Friday, study your notes...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X