Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just had the worse game in TG server!!

i went into a game and there was no commander, so i went for the role.
    i dont have a lot of expirience with the CO role but i gave it a try.
    i was building firebases and bunkers, there was one responsive squad that helped me.
    and thats the problem. i didnt micro manage every squad actions, i like to give SL the freedom to do what they know, and i know there are many good players around who understand this game better then i do. ;p

but it was chaos!! i ask a squad to stay and defend while the rest attack. nothing!
    i was building a bunker at a cp that needed defanding. asking squads to send guys to build. (as no one squad would responde and focus on building it) nothing!

it was very frustrating and not like the TG server games i had in the past.
    i noticed there wasnt any (i think) TG guys or any clan on, so i guess thats part of the reason...

excuse my grammer ; )

Re: just had the worse game in TG server!!

Don't be discouraged, not every game goes well. Try hopping in on password night on Thursday, the game play is usually much better.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, yesterday was my first day being apart of the 6th, and after i settled my comp problems (i was commanding at the beginning of the usmc on gulf of oman and i had to disconnect and re-connect) i re-connected and found myself on the mec side defending the construction site.

I spawned grenadier, after asking if i could, and had in my sights what looked to be from a distance an american APC with soldiers, well..was i wrong. What I thought was one of the best Grenadier Shots with the AK-47, I mean this was perfect, over 150 m away, the arc was perfect, no wind messing it up, no birds flying into it.

"BAM!" TG-6th Delta*RandyShugart* Teamkills |TG| Zaboo.

Did I feel like an idiot.........and did i feel bad, then when we're under attack i was in the middle of throwing a nade and got spooked, and threw the nade inside the bunker at construction and killed 2 of my squadmates.....did i feel bad about that also...first day on the job and i get the jitters.

The point I am making is, some games/days are better than others, remember, you stepped up to the plate to command.....that takes a lot, its a lot different than vanilla bf2, also remember, SLs are required/supposed to follow your orders....call them out on it, and in worst case scenarios report them.

Welcome salvation to the forums!
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

It seems that, for some reason, Europeans are generally less willing to work together as a team than Americans are, and the Europeans who do enjoy teamwork usually play later in the day when Americans start coming on. I believe this might have something to do with the language barrier.

Of course this is a generalization like no other, but you get the point I hope. :p

Myself I'm Swedish by the way, and I usually play later in the evening for above mentioned reasons. Although I did feel like playing right now, but after reading your post I might as well wait a few hours.
        snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

Usually when most of the Europeans come from work (that's when the yanks go to work), the server picks up on quality gameplay. So right around when i post this the server gameplay is rising. I actually see several TG'ers on right now! But European daytime (US night time) can sometimes get especially bad since there usually aren't many TG'ers on then.

Comment

I think the only solution is for all of us to move to Bermuda and play from there. We could start an exclusive neighborhood and everything :D

Haikus are easy.
            But sometimes they don't make sense.
            Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
              I think the only solution is for all of us to move to Bermuda and play from there. We could start an exclusive neighborhood and everything :D

Awesome idea caffiene! Everyone who would endorse this project please say aye!
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

cheers for the replays.

this is a good community and i play only on TG server.

yeah i guess there are bad/unlucky days, yet i didnt do bad myself,i just didnt get support from most of the team.
                i guess sometimes you need to be a little hard on the squads for not helping ;)

i had better games later on, so its picking up.
                and thanks randy, its nice to find a community with mature gamers.

Comment

There are good and bad, games, all of us know that. What keeps people interested are those 1-2 good games everytime you log on.

Welcome to the forums Salvation, I hope you enjoy your stay here ;)
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

thanks turkish

Comment

lol, now I just had my worst game.

It's 01:00AM and I'm feeling sick, so I decide to play some PR instead of being sensible and getting some sleep. First thing I get is a ten-year-old squad leader, whom after getting us killed a few times with his smart strategies, starts screaming "bail out!" as we're being transported on a truck, and continues to jump off the truck, which is speeding ahead in full speed.

Anyway, when the fall kills him he mutters something and leaves. A moment of relief occurs. Then panic strikes -- I got to inherit the squad leader role. Of course my squad leading is mediocre even in comparison to a ten-year-old, and nobody else wants to lead either. My attempts at doing whatever squad leaders do soon turns in to everybody leaving the squad, and I'm left alone with a sniper in my squad, and that's about it.

Oh yeah, the map was Al Kufrah, which is about my least favorite map, successfully placing this round as the worst one I've ever played.

/end whining
                      snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                        If it makes you feel any better, yesterday was my first day being apart of the 6th, and after i settled my comp problems (i was commanding at the beginning of the usmc on gulf of oman and i had to disconnect and re-connect) i re-connected and found myself on the mec side defending the construction site.

I spawned grenadier, after asking if i could, and had in my sights what looked to be from a distance an american APC with soldiers, well..was i wrong. What I thought was one of the best Grenadier Shots with the AK-47, I mean this was perfect, over 150 m away, the arc was perfect, no wind messing it up, no birds flying into it.

"BAM!" TG-6th Delta*RandyShugart* Teamkills |TG| Zaboo.

Did I feel like an idiot.........and did i feel bad, then when we're under attack i was in the middle of throwing a nade and got spooked, and threw the nade inside the bunker at construction and killed 2 of my squadmates.....did i feel bad about that also...first day on the job and i get the jitters.

The point I am making is, some games/days are better than others, remember, you stepped up to the plate to command.....that takes a lot, its a lot different than vanilla bf2, also remember, SLs are required/supposed to follow your orders....call them out on it, and in worst case scenarios report them.

Welcome salvation to the forums!
                        Thats pretty hilarious Shugart. Our squad was kind of a screw-off squad so I picked up the USMC sniper kit (M40 i think?) and had that bunker dialed in at like 700m away. But, I SUCK!!! hahaha. It took me an average of literally 7 shots to take down 1 of you guys. Jeeze, dunno if it was me or the rifle.

Comment

Yeah salvation, those types of games can put you (at least me) in a bad mood for hours. Things go wrong constantly, you get repeatedly teamkilled (not intentionally), you teamkill (not intentionally), you get punished by some douche, your squad members wont listen to you, your team gets steamrolled by the other team, people ignore you when you're CO, etc.

At least in TG there aren't mean admins making things worse for everyone, as is common in most every other server in most every online game ever made. And i mean that - I haven't had a problem with an admin here ever, never even situations when an admin does something abusive to another player; I havnt seen that and that's remarkable.

Keep playing in here! The worst round ever is usually offset soon enough by a fantastically satisfying round. 95% of the players in here actually try, and are actually pleasant to eachother.

T
                          sigpic

Comment

ha ha salv, poor guy..at least you now have some idea what its like as a CO on noobie hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Thyreus View Post
                              It seems that, for some reason, Europeans are generally less willing to work together as a team than Americans are, and the Europeans who do enjoy teamwork usually play later in the day when Americans start coming on. I believe this might have something to do with the language barrier.

Of course this is a generalization like no other, but you get the point I hope. :p

Myself I'm Swedish by the way, and I usually play later in the evening for above mentioned reasons. Although I did feel like playing right now, but after reading your post I might as well wait a few hours.
                              I understand your qualification and there might be some element of truth to the language issue. That said, I'd counter your comments by saying some of the best squad mates I've had were from Turkey, Belgium, Sweden, Germany and the UK . Most speaking English as a second language.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed