Pumped up for the patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumped up for the patch

I suspect that the .7 client patch will be arriving soon, so I thought I would jot down what I've heard about it (based on rumors and hearsay), feel free to join me.
    1. As Dirtboy mentioned, the special operations, crewman, and anti-tank kits are all getting some lovin'.
    2. Also, the quartermaster system is being replaced by player-specific messages (see the PR Dev Journal). So you won't have the left-hand corner of your screen clogged with random chat spam.
    3. I read that the British, MEC, and USMC grenadier kits will now use the L85A2, G3, and M16A4 respectively, all with under barrel grenade launchers and magnified optics.
    4. Someone told me that the PR team has redone the suppression effects so that suppression fire will be more suppressive, whatever that means.

And that's all I know.
    Last edited by Charity Case; 02-06-2008, 07:21 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

Re: Pumped up for the patch

Looks fun :D I'm really excited for the new effects, hopefully we can get some really good tracers in there :D.

Comment

i still think the spec ops kit should get a grappling hook instead of a parachute all the noobs are going to go for it and arent going to use it properly
      I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
        [*]Also, the quartermaster system is being replaced by player-specific messages (see the PR Dev Journal). So you won't have the left-hand corner of your screen clogged with random chat spam.
        Actually I like seeing if someone's already failed to get, or gotten the last of, a kit i was going for. Also to weed out smacktards who sit and spam (sniper) kit requests till the QM shuts him up.

I wonder what the "reworked suppression" is? More fuzzyness from the Automatic Rifleman fire?
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Probably, or maybe more damage/louder?

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Dunno. I think it should be good what ever it is. On a side note. Is the harrier for .8? Just wondering.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'm going to miss the AK for the grenadier kit on the MEC. I really hate the current G3.
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Unfortunately, gijoe, the Harrier GR9 isn't expected to make it into the game until .8. And kilroy, I bet the devs will be tweaking the recoil/deviation of the G3 so that it's not as junky as it is right now. I wish I knew more about the suppression effects, but the conversation I had basically consisted of some random guy hinting how awesome the suppression effects would be and then claiming that he wasn't allowed to say any more. Oh well....

Comment

suppression effects sound very well done from what I hear and just how they should be.

Grenadier kit is my favourite so that'll be good. Are you sure all this will make the patch, I just hope they can fix the basra crashes

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

As a tester for PR, you are going to love it :D

Comment

Someone told me that the PR team has redone the suppression effects so that suppression fire will be more suppressive, whatever that means.
                      Maybe like Forgotten Hope's suppression effects?
                      Those are really awesome.

Comment

Yea see I don't like the Forgotten Hope suppression effect. Not because they are there but because in FH2 they were done excessively and their effect much too large a radius. So they actually were talking about toning it down a bit. So if PR devs make it more but do not make it excessive it will be good. If too much and I guarantee a whole lot of bitching more so than before.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Like ReaperMac said, I think most of you will like the changes!
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I just finished paging through the transcript of the live Xfire chat between the PR devs and the community. I found a couple of references to the upcoming patch, the most important being that .75 is expected to arrive this February. Also, M.J.Patterson (one of the PR coders) said he is developing a turret stabilization system for armored vehicles and that he hopes to see it in the upcoming patch. And lastly, Jaymz (one of the sound artists) confirmed that all of the sniper/marksman rifles have had their deviation fixed.

Comment

Also, M.J.Patterson (one of the PR coders) said he is developing a turret stabilization system for armored vehicles and that he hopes to see it in the upcoming patch.
                              Sweet!
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...