Teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak

I just started using teamspeak more recently, and one of the most annoying things for me is the way it jumps around when ever some random person joins another channel. I keep the TS window open in a 2nd monitor so I can see who is talking, or has an open mic, but when someone joins like the WOW channel, it jumps down to there.
    Any ideas on how to make it stay in place just on the PR area?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Teamspeak

You could use the TS Overlay program. It displays the info on the screen, so you can see who's talking and what channel you are in.

Also, if you have thought about a new keyboard, the Logitech G15 is very nice and has a little LCD screen that you can get a nice prog that will display the TS info on the LCD screen.

I never have figured a way to keep the TS window from jumping around. It's annoying and seems to move every time someone joins or leaves.

Comment

According to the TS developers, there is no way to keep the TS window from scrolling on new events. The best bet is, as stated, the TS overlay window. If you're running vista it isnt 100% compatible, but there are a couple hacks and workarounds to get it running well enough to get you by.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
        You could use the TS Overlay program. It displays the info on the screen, so you can see who's talking and what channel you are in.

Also, if you have thought about a new keyboard, the Logitech G15 is very nice and has a little LCD screen that you can get a nice prog that will display the TS info on the LCD screen.

I never have figured a way to keep the TS window from jumping around. It's annoying and seems to move every time someone joins or leaves.
        How do you the TS channel info displayed? I've been using TSO for ages and just get the speakers Tag shown...

Comment

Yeah, I find that annoting as well, so I use the G15 program. The little buttons under the screen do mute mic, or mute all. Very handy, I like my keyboard!
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yeah, the G15 keyboard rocks! I wouldn't give mine up for the world.

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
            How do you the TS channel info displayed? I've been using TSO for ages and just get the speakers Tag shown...

When you first start TSO, after you get the two pop up window warnings, but before you click "Enable", click "Options" and make sure the box is checked to "Show Channel I Am In".

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
              Yeah, the G15 keyboard rocks! I wouldn't give mine up for the world.

When you first start TSO, after you get the two pop up window warnings, but before you click "Enable", click "Options" and make sure the box is checked to "Show Channel I Am In".
              Cheers chap!

Comment

For some reason TSO makes my system feel like it's being driven by a ninety-year old in Florida. I don't know why, because you'd think my PD 3.2 GhZ, 3 gigs ram, 8800GT system would be able to handle it, but TSO just makes it unplayable.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

TSO does have a few issues on some systems and on some games. I used it a lot on Ghost Recon, but it made everything lag badly on Raven Shield. It seemed to work ok in BF2 for me, but I liked the idea of getting it off my screen altogether and bought the G15 keyboard mainly because it was only $60 at the time from Tiger Direct. The new (2007) version of the G15 is out and honestly, I like mine better. Nicer blue backlighting and many more programmable "G keys". The old version is very large, almost 21 inches, but worth it if you have desk space. If you can find the old version, buy it. If you can't, the newer, streamlined version is nice, but not as nice as the original and cost about $30 more. The new version also doesn't have a move-able LCD screen, which can be important if you sit at a weird angle to the screen. Both versions have the awesome "game switch" that disables the Windows key.

Comment

Thats about double the size of the mini keyboard I use. I prefer having the mouse sitting where the keypad would be normally or its more tiring & less comfortable to use

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

They had the G15 on sale for $50 at Circuit City week before last, but just don't know if I should get it. I actually really would like the smaller size, and who on earth can keep up with a fully loaded G key setup anyway on the old board, unless you are a "totally awesome" WOW player. (I feel dirty now)
                      I am actually holding out in hopes they make a WAVE version of the G15. Check out the WAVE keyboard if you get a chance.
                      I have heard it is a major hassel to get overlay to work on my Vista 64, and really like being able to see everyone in channel, and in which channel at that, incase you have someone that keeps saying "Hey John, are you there" over and over, I can just say, "John isn't in the channel" :)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Can I use it on my MX-5000 keyboard?
                        It has a LCD.
                        I use a z-board merc 'stealth 'keyboard for gaming, but my logitech is close enough to see the LCD

Comment

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the G15 is the only one that is programmable, but I'd check the Logitech site to be sure.

Comment

I run 2 screens as well and also get terribly annoyed at the teamspeak rolling window

Comment

Elwenil, can you post a link at what i I should be looking for.
                              Im gonna get around to uber mousing, my setpoint, that set point program that gives set point full reign and progamability.
                              Wow, set points in that sentence.
                              It was called Uber options for logitech.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X