Favorite Kit(s) to use in PR [crewman not applicable]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Kit(s) to use in PR [crewman not applicable]

If there is a topic already about this please merge (i hit the search button and nothing came up).

The scoped rifleman is fun (and i enjoy being an officer), and my accuracy has gotten much better especially with the single shot (who knew it would be so useful) I esp. love using the chinese rifleman kit. However when you want to pack a punch(es). Without a doubt I love to be given the chance to use:

The SAW or the MEC support kit nothing says "run towards my stream of bullets, or try and run across the street" better than the automatic rifleman. When used right, in short/med bursts, if can really make guys flank around and get tagged by other squad members covering an area. I love this weapon. The sound alone screams take cover.

I also have become a fan of the USMC Grenadier kit, the British kit is ok, but the USMC kit can pack a wallop. When deployed wait a few seconds to get the sights correct and when used, can take out a pesky sniper/confuse the heck out of a squad advancing as they see a few of their buddies blown to bits and they find themselves wounded. And the ability to ricochet off of walls and pop smoke at a distance comes in handy as well. And the 3 shot burst is great, I only wish the British kit allowed this. Don't get me wrong the Chinese Grenadier kit is great, but not as good as the USMC version IMO.
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 02-08-2008, 04:39 PM.

• Eavy Gunner
    replied
    Re: Favorite Kit(s) to use in PR [crewman not applicable]

My fav's gotta be the British Marksmen kit, don't know why but I can kick serious but with it ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Sabre_Tooth_Tigger
    replied

Chinese auto rifle wont overheat though, I'd prefer more rounds between reloads though

Leave a comment:

• Supervisor84
    replied

* Rifleman AT - this kit is easy to get, has a scope and can be that weapon that turns a battle around if the opposing side has a soft vehicle, APC or solid cover. great "WTF" factor when your mates see you suddenly blast off this baby from a distance in a gunfight!
    (* RPG as insurgent/militia - a wonderful feeling. Let's wreak havoc on those foreign "invaders" with their expensive toys!)

* Medic - I agree with the people above, vital for a squad's longevity and morale.

* Automatic Rifleman - preferably not Chinese though. it's too similar to the main rifle. brrrapapap!

Leave a comment:

• Mix0lydian
    replied

top 6 picks
    1. Marine Officer. pistol+ACOG M16A4+plenty of nades+3 dressings=win
    2. Tie between Brit L85A2 Susat & Marine ACOG rifleman. favorite "enlisted" base kit+ammo in .756
    3. SAW. hands-down favorite limited kit. less recoil than HK21e and higher ROF than support QBZ+suppression effects
    4. Marine Rifleman AT. i just love the ACOG. ability to take out harder targets is nice too
    5. Engineer. C4 splash and damage is greater now, and up to 8 Mines=THE kit for ambushes
    6. HAT. can destroy anything in 1-2 and now has an assault rifle to stand toe-to-toe with other infantry. plus there's no more lock warning so the tanker has no chance for evasive maneuvres...

Leave a comment:

• Liquid.Watcher
    replied

Engi all the way, ever tried the awesome shotgun sniping :D

Leave a comment:

• Rafterman1987
    replied

Originally posted by LoveSkylark View Post
    Naww its Engy, I just love sneeking up on tanks firebases etc.
    Yea, the good ole C4 surprise makes me smile every time... also ruins someones day :)

Leave a comment:

• LoveSkylark
    replied

Sniper because it makes Dirtboy so happy!

Naww its Engy, I just love sneeking up on tanks firebases etc.

Leave a comment:

• Delta*RandyShugart*
    replied

true, much more love should be given to the HAT, it doesn't take as long anymore to get in target range and i love curving the rocket to hit the backside of a vodnik, tank, or apc. Though the reload time is a bit harsh, but its long range capability is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Rafterman1987
    replied

Lets see, what to give some love to...

Automatic Rifleman
    In the right situations it can be a devastating killing machine. I killed 20 MEC guys on EJOD while i was supressing a bunker so the engineer could get close enough to blow it. In other situations it forces the enemy to keep their heads down, get impatient, and try something stupid!

Engineer
    The saviour of all things of metal and dirt. Any commander will have a love affair with the lone engy that builds bunkers by himself. Not to mention hundreds of greatful tankers who depend on the mighty wrench of the engineer ;)

HAT
    Nothing is more satisfying than watching an APC, fully loaded, go boom in a fiery ambush.

AA
    THe only thing more satisfying than watching an APC go boom in a fiery ambush, is watching a loaded helo go down in a fiery ambush :) (or maybe causing the inevitable emergency manuever on Kashan that results in the helo going nose first into the mountains)

Leave a comment:

• Delta*RandyShugart*
    replied

with the release of .75 i have 4 new and not new favorites.

Grenadier is still a favorite, though you really have to wait a few seconds before deploying the m203 grenade, and i enjoy the USMC version a bit more than the british or the chinese, its a bit more accurate, and when you fire it doesn't curve to the left that much like in my experiences with the chinese version. I think it could be in part due to the weight of the rifle and or maybe not having the scope. However, the British version for some reason to me isn't that great all around. The Militia version is also enjoyable, but not as practical as per the maps it can be used on, except on mestia i have to give it some credit.

M249 - i cannot get enough of the SAW kit. It really is excellent for suppressing troops especially on jabal and ejod. It is especially good at keeping the enemies head down, when you have a few guys trying to flank them, worked excellent on last nights PW night for the USMC on jabal.
    The MEC version I have yet to try, though I hear there is a 3 shot burst option, though, like with all heavy machine guns, short bursts are really the only way to go, unless you really just want to "spray and pray"

USMC LAT Kit - I really am enjoying this kit, and last night as apart of nardini's squad on Jabal, I had the chance to really use this kit a lot and see how effective it can be. It is great at taking out vodniks and trrops that are running from/around the vodnik. It works in a pinch and also works against infantry up in the hills, even if it only injures a few or creates a great amount of suppression against them. Plus having the scoped rifle does help, though on east and west al burj using the non-scoped rifle man is more of an advantage. I am not a fan of the MEC RPG LAT, its ok, don't get me wrong, but I enjoy the USMC LAT kit much more.

Militia Officer kit - Personally, this kit is awesome. I only wish that the militia ak-47s were all this type, it is hands down one of the most accurate weapons that is available. The MEC officer kit should be used as this kit. It is awesome, I can't get enough of it.

Leave a comment:

• Wicks
    replied

In no particular order, merely depends on the task at hand and what mood I'm in.

US infantry, M16 optic. (headshot accurate at 400+ metres easy)
    British infantry SA80 optic (can't remember the proper name).
    These two are imo the 2 best all round weapons in the game.

British Spec Ops M4 (Used to be a Diemaco, Candian I think). Sounds cool when fired, reasonably accurate over medium range and superb for CQB.

British sniper rifle, find it the easiest one to use.

SAW, so powerful it should be considered cheating and loud as Donhros never tires of firing it next to my head when I have my headphoes turned up to loud.

Just my favs anyway.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
    As it is, it seems to take slightly longer to raise the sights and fire an auto-rifle (confirmation?), which balances the weapon in close range combat.
    yea, i noticed that to.
    But also the time to deploy is different between machine guns.
    For example the SAW is slower than the H&K, yo know the bipod needs to be folded out.

Leave a comment:

• NerdyDodge
    replied

My favourite infantry kit would also be the automatic rifle, that or the US or Chinese scoped rifleman. As it is, it seems to take slightly longer to raise the sights and fire an auto-rifle (confirmation?), which balances the weapon in close range combat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by squadexodus View Post
    That sounds like a bet. You stand at the wall, and i'll bring the tape measure and the saw...
    haha lol that would be fun!

Below is the machine guns used
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X