Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making room for TG members.

Just a quick question.

You guys can make room for members by booting people in the server. All cool. Its your server and you have the right.

I was in their earlier and leading my squad when I see im booted to make room for a member. Why would you kick SQUAD LEADERS in the middle of commanding their squad? Kind of throws a wrench into the whole team work thing when a squads leader is suddenly booted in the middle of a firefight.
    sigpic

Re: Making room for TG members.

Lol, good god how many times has this been mentioned. Bud, being a squad leader or flying an important asset doesn't give you an advantage over other nonsupporting members. These people (including me) are kicked solely by longest play time. My 2 cents are, if you've played enough to kicked out for a supporting member, chances are you've been playing too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post
      Just a quick question.

You guys can make room for members by booting people in the server. All cool. Its your server and you have the right.

I was in their earlier and leading my squad when I see im booted to make room for a member. Why would you kick SQUAD LEADERS in the middle of commanding their squad? Kind of throws a wrench into the whole team work thing when a squads leader is suddenly booted in the middle of a firefight.
      *modded after ferris' post* The admins are not on bf2cc going "hmmmm who should we kick, lets kick him hes an SL, or a Crewman, or using HAT."

Want to not have to worry about being kicked? donate to the server, second best gaming decision i ever made other than finding the TG community.
      Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 02-08-2008, 03:44 PM. Reason: saw ferris give the correct reason as per why one is kicked
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Alright then. Thanks for the info.
        sigpic

Comment

Actually, its not random at all. However, the kicking of SLs or people with kits/vehicles cannot be helped. The kick is based on the order in which people join the server, being that the non-supporting member on the server who has been connected the longest gets kicked first. There are limitations as to what can be scripted into the kick logic and avoiding kicking CO/SL/Pilots/Vehicles isnt in the cards.

Arguments have been made on both sides of the longest time/shortest time debate and the conclusion is this:
          The goal of TG is to provide everyone with a fun gaming environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to play short of being a supporting member. Kicking the non-SM player with the longest connection time allows everyone to have fun for as long as possible.

Of course the remedy for this is to get yourself a supporting membership to TG, which carries with it far more benefits than just having a reserved slot on the PR server. It's only 8.95 if you choose the monthly plan, or 80 dollars if you get an annual subscription (a discount!). To sign up, see the link in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            It makes room by kicking the person who has been in the longest, its completely random. The admins are not on bf2cc going "hmmmm who should we kick, lets kick him hes an SL, or a Crewman, or using HAT."

Want to not have to worry about being kicked? donate to the server, second best gaming decision i ever made other than finding the TG community.
            Actually its last in first out, therefore if you have been in the least amount of time you are the first to go. Don't take it personal. I got tired of being kicked so I became a supporting member:)

Comment

Originally posted by Slurm_Cola View Post
              Actually its last in first out, therefore if you have been in the least amount of time you are the first to go. Don't take it personal. I got tired of being kicked so I became a supporting member:)
              Slurm, you're backwards. It's first-in-first-out.

Comment

Slurm, lay off the juice man!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

fifo fyi afaik tbh

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    fifo fyi afaik tbh
                    In English that's "First In, First Out For Your Information As Far As I Know To Be Honest".
                    Yeah.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The other night on Kashan desert 64 i was just coming in for a landing with the A-10 and dirtboy decides to join the server. I got kicked but luckily when that happened i was already on the ground. But what doesnt make sense is that as soon as i got out of the server i went and check and there were only like 59 players. Not 62. So I was wondering why it would have kicked me if there were only 59 players? Maybe those extra 2 left as i got kicked? I dont know.

But the moral of this is that as soon as you kicked....join back in! and dont cry about it.

(That was harsh i think----->but the truth hurts)
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

You haven't seen a systematic removal of members until you see your own squad start at 5 and then over the course of the same round go down to just you left because everyone was kicked. It makes game play very interesting to say the least.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

If only the server could have 256 slots :'(
                          (And not lag to hell)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X