Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip or No Voip

Hi All,

I just wanted to respond to some of the comments i have encounted across the forum regarding voip or the lack of it.

Yes i agree that PR is best played with voip although on occasion it is not able to be used, for instance when my wife is asleep :(.

As such when i cannot use voip i usually take a position where which i can support my squad eg medic or ammo. I never co, crew or sl when i dont have voip.

So to those that are hard on players with no voip pehaps you can take the middle ground on the issue and insist that fellow players take the same approach as myself. After all the more players the better.

Cheers

Aus-trooper
    seeya on the battlefield

Re: Voip or No Voip

If you dont talk then you can not send Info to your SL, SL can not make the correct decisions. I agree that a medic in a squad would be the best if you could not talk, but it still creates problems, I cant see how you chould fly, or man tanks with no Voip.

Comment

Heh, whenever I can't use my mic cause my parents are sleeping or something I just make a squad called no mics, although I've only had to do it twice.

Your way of playing without being able to use your mic is something that all players should do though. Hate people that go 1 man tanking without a mic or any tank driver without a mic, tank gunner can be ok but your still at a large disadvantage.

Also, talkingBEERmug, I've been able to successfully fly without having to use my mic, I can have my mic and be able to use it but not require it. The reason for this is the majority of transport pilots mainly use text to ask where the passengers wish to be dropped off. Although transports don't require a mic it is better to have them, but, NEVER fly an attack helo without a mic. NEVER

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I understand, and I think most people will agree that as long as someone is listening to their squadmates (headphones in a situation such as yours) they can be situationally aware and responsive to SL orders.. and communicate any vital info with the Green Squad Chat..

Comment

if u ever join a squad i sl for, and or if i'm a sm in a squad u join and ur might isn't on ill tell the SL thats the reason why......if im the sl just try to type out etc, but don't use the spotting thing when u press T because in .7 it doesnt spot and if we r sneaking up somewhere it gives away the position.

I just wouldn't be an SL because its frustrating for the commander and for the rest of your guys, and for the commander to keep looking at the chat box while hes giving orders/marking things on the map etc.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Dude, that's perfectly fine. Taking a non-leadership and non-critical role is TEAMWORK. It has to be done anyway! So CO and SL when you have your Voip. But nobody holds it against you if you dont have it as a Squad Member just playing one of the basic kits or for example just filling a support role like transport.
            Skud

Comment

As long as you communicate another way, like page up/down use text and follow orders.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I've played with you when you have no VOIP before, Aus-trooper. I was SL'ing in OGT in 0.6 and you were doing a fine job of supporting the squad with the APC, you got something like 35 kills without a single death and won me the top ranking of the game because of the support points I got from it.

There are certainly roles a player without a microphone can fill, but I think its always best to type a short message in the squad chat to the SL to let them know that you can hear them and have no microphone, just so they know what to expect from you.
                | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                Charge for the guns' he said:
                Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I don't mind players with no mics ( sometimes I wish certain squadmember didn't have mics at times!) it's the ones who don't respond at all, even on chat. That really annoys me, so I end up kicking them.
                  Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Lately i have been playing with no VOIP and its killing me. I think i may have found the problem but maybe not.

Anyway, these past two weeks, Emdek, Liquid and myself did a few rounds of tank and apc squads. We were very, very successful. The first round was 7 gates counter attack and when the counter began me and emdek grabbed an apc and went nuts. Killed all but one enemy apc because he kept running to their main. I am quite certain that we won the round for our team. Cause we did win.

As well as Kashan desert when i was in the A-10.

Its really not that hard to play without a mic. Considering i can type extremely fast does help the cause.
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'd have to say Im pro-mic, unless of course you are Emdek :)
                      But with a mic to be had for less than $10 it doesn't seem to be that hard to go pick one up. What's worse than mic vs no mic is the mic user that seems to never get their mic level correct. A typed msg is way better than a whisper in my headset that I cant hear.

|

Comment

I used to run repair for almost every vehicle that needed it without a mic. It worked well, untill i needed a ride

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                        Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Thats a great point about taking a non leadership role when a mic is not there. I had to do that yesterday on Kashan. There was no open squads and i didnt want to SL cause i got no VOIP so i waited until someone else joined in. I also asked if someone wanted to leave and SL, but no one did lol.
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

i'm don't mind players who don't have a mic, but i don't particulary enjoy being in a squad with a SL who doesn't have a mic, or in armor with a squad member who doesnt have a mic....because you can't type fast enough.....i think default player how proved this several times...does anyone know where he lives? because i got a new headset and if i just bring it from my office to my home i will gladly send him my old kinda of beat up headset!!!
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

i was in quite a few squads where every one except one had a mic and i must admit, that it was just a minor problem, because they tend to use the Squad chat (green) very frequently - and since 5 ppl witch a mic can get quite some chatter going, him typing was actually good

however i know that there are ppl that do not read the text/very rarely do it - if i figure my SL is that kind of a person i will read the text the mic-less SM wrote - to make sure SL got that important message (never had complains about that)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X