Pilot Kits used as Special Forces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Kits used as Special Forces

The sound of a loitering helo now means you must watch the skys for Pilots Parachuting in, sneaking up behind you, shooting you with their pistol and picking up your kit. Im not convinced that this is what the Pilot Kit was intended for. What is your Opinion?

CHECK ONE BOX ABOVE
    I have no opinion
    14.67%
    Using the kits for Aerial insertion is completely Valid
    53.33%
    Using the kits for Aerial insertion is an Exploit
    32.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Pilot Kits used as Special Forces

Not an exploit, but in certain cases it can be very lame. I will however say that I have done it before with huge success.
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Hmm I see it as not the intended reason for the kit however if people want to use it as such I personaly dont have a problem. Teams should be guarding against all sorts of attacks anyway. This will hopefully make commanders think twice about sending off all there troops on attack.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

The solution: limit the number of pilot kits available. 5 should be plenty on any map.

Comment

Soon enough it won't matter. I think we're all looking forward to the upcoming Spec Ops kit.

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
            Soon enough it won't matter. I think we're all looking forward to the upcoming Spec Ops kit.
            yep, there going to be very useful and will probably be a great asset to the team with the parachutes and more slams now.

Comment

The pilot kit is basically a place holder for the spec ops kit, it's just for the time being. Besides, if you look at the ratio of failed and successful aerial insertions it's obvious it's not that great. I've done around 50-60 insertions and only about 3 have done anything more than kill 1 or 2 guys.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

The new Spec Ops kit will NOT have parachutes.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  Yup.
                  Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  thanks good vid :)

convinced us tonight to NOT give spec ops parachutes... ;)
                  Did you guys think fuzz was joking? He was absolutely serious. Chutes are not going to be a part of the revamped specops kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    The solution: limit the number of pilot kits available. 5 should be plenty on any map.
                    I was thinking about that. Not 5, but yes as many as pilot seats are, for intance if there are 3 blackhawks there should be only 3 pilot kits, if there are 2 cobras and 1 blackhawk then there should be 5 pilot kits, do you know what I mean?
                    Conclusion : 2 pilot kits per attack chopper and 1 per transport helo
                    Problem solved, no more spec pliots, or 15 pilots on 1 team like yesterday on Zatar Wetlands (guess what team ;))
                    Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    Are you COMPLETELY sure about that? I've heard something diferent, the will have parachutes...maybe I'm wrong, maybe you, who knows, will see in the patch. Bet something?

Comment

But he had a wink in there D:

The evil wink of death that should be banished from all internet forums.

Edit: Response to ferris

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I honestly think it is an exploit to misuse any kit in a way that is not inline with it's intended purpose. To me this is just like H-AT sniping. A military force would not spend all the time, money and effort to train a pilot, only to drop him off with nothing but a pistol to do some backwoods shenanigans. A pilot would not be trained to do Spec Ops, even though most do get some type of escape and evasion training. The reason for the E&E training is because they are not trained or equipped to fight on the ground, only in the air. The game is called Project Reality, which I think some players should take note of. The realism is the game's appeal and misusing kits takes a lot away from an otherwise enjoyable experience.

Comment

EDIT: Warlab, no.
                          If you have no opinion, don't vote

ONTOPIC: It is one of the most valid tactics given the current kit loadouts, providing a few things:

1. You DO NOT simply hop into an air vehicle and "taxi" to the intended.
                          2. You do not reserve an asset squad to go wily nilly running around attempting drops and ONLY drops, not helping the rest of the team, etc.

I see it as valid because NO other kits come with parachutes. None. Someone with a pilot kit has to be really good to procure another kit in the first place, because every weapon in the game is better than a pistol wielded by someone wearing an attention grabbing helmet, not to mention the time you have to get shot at while floating down, due to the required "drift time"

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                            I honestly think it is an exploit to misuse any kit in a way that is not inline with it's intended purpose. To me this is just like H-AT sniping. A military force would not spend all the time, money and effort to train a pilot, only to drop him off with nothing but a pistol to do some backwoods shenanigans. A pilot would not be trained to do Spec Ops, even though most do get some type of escape and evasion training. The reason for the E&E training is because they are not trained or equipped to fight on the ground, only in the air. The game is called Project Reality, which I think some players should take note of. The realism is the game's appeal and misusing kits takes a lot away from an otherwise enjoyable experience.
                            Agreed. That it is a kind of exploit puts it in conflict with what we're all about here at TG.
                            Can I change my poll vote ?
                            Last edited by Warlab; 02-09-2008, 04:08 PM. Reason: Additional comment.

|

Comment

Its legit, but the HALO jumps fail more times than it works, from my honest opinion.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X