Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots training maps

Intro:
    I’ve observer since the launch of PR.7 many novice pilots crashing their planes or choppers. The TG server isn’t the right place to learn to fly, and since theirs no SP maps in this release most people don’t know how to practice flying. After yesterday Kashan deserst’s disaster (many of the MEC planes just didn’t take off the runway) I’ve decided to share with you this great way to train: Bubba’s training mode.

Training Mode: (Minimod) (From the PR forums)

1.: It adds the new game mode for Kashan Desert 32;64, Qinling 64 and Albasrah 64 to your maplist.
    • The 32 version of Kashan is recommended for flight training with scattered vehicels all over the map.
    • The 64 version has all kind of vehicles at the north village and planes at the airports.
    • Qinling is slightly modified with some scatterd tanks and a few exchanged vehicles.
    • Albasrah is a clan training map constructed for 10th mountains. The insurgent lost most of there assets. The Brithsh team got more ground and air vehicles.
    Most vehicles spawn directly at the game start, have a spawntime of 10 seconds and can be obtained 10 times from each spawnpoint. The JDAM reload time is decreased to 32 seconds.

2.: It's change your local server config.
    • no startdelay
    • no spawntimes
    • no Kit limitation at all

Install:

• Download the file.
    • Move it to your Battlefield 2 main directory. (The folder with the BF2.exe.)
    • Unpack the ZIP-file in your Battlefield 2 main directory.
    • Confirm the messages to overwrite the files.
    • Done.
    Backup:
    • You can make a backup of your original files by your self or take the files from the Backup.zip.
    • Just unpack the ZIP-file like the other one in your Battlefield 2 main directory to reset your files.
    • The only files that left behind are some pictures in the "info" folder of each map.
    • Please do not delete any files if you don't know what you do.

Download:

Mirror 1 - Rapidshare
    Mirror 2 - Filecoast

Screenshots:

How to run it...

I would also like to see good pilots giving tips to the new players in this tread also...

Cheers,
    Nixon

Re: Pilots training maps

Thanks nixon I was looking for this.

Comment

I have done those instructions over and over again and it never works for me.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

And it says The Path: Albasrah does not exist or is not a directory.
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

Do the helicopters in PR handle like the ones in vanilla, and then how different are they to the gunships in 2142?

I used to spend hours on vanilla single player just flying around in the helis, I got really good, then 2142 struck *dun dun duuun*

sell it to me, I want a change from 2142
          <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
            I have done those instructions over and over again and it never works for me.
            GiJoe, ill tell you how to install it on TS. Just PM me with a date and time we could meet. Best times for me it around 10PM EST.

Comment

Dude, i love you. I could never find a decent way to pratice, because either there were people on the server, it was laggy, or i had to wait for them to spawn.
              I was wondering what happend at the desert yesterday.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
              Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Originally posted by HBrutusH View Post
                Do the helicopters in PR handle like the ones in vanilla, and then how different are they to the gunships in 2142?

I used to spend hours on vanilla single player just flying around in the helis, I got really good, then 2142 struck *dun dun duuun*

sell it to me, I want a change from 2142
                PR choppers arnt at all like vanilla...

1) 30 Seconds warm up or you crash
                2) Much faster
                3) Tale rother will no work at high speeds
                4) Handeling of all the helos have change alot...
                5) Try it out! You will see it "feels" more realistic!

Comment

Ahh well, haha unfortunately my mic is busted sooo.... the only other way is Xfire.---> ariestharam

But ill tell you exactly what i did cause i have time. I went Local Disc C, Program Files, Battlefield 2 then i extracted all the files into there. When i unpack it i get that message that i posted above. Then i go ingame and its not there. So i dunno.
                  sigpic

Comment

there was a kashan training map that did this already, a long time ago? no? Either way, you can't really learn how to coordinate attacks with planes unless you're working with other people. What we really need is to have a training server, one that runs this map so that things respawn all the time, and people can join and learn to communicate. A local server can only teach you so much.

Comment

Did you host a local game?
                      there not in single player

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Thats never going to happen. I think its been talked about and already decided on.

BTW that thing still doesnt work.
                        sigpic

Comment

This Training mod is GREAT!

I got it not long ago and I was just about to find the link for it for my friend and seen this!

Perfect timing! Thanks man ^.^

EDIT = I have just noticed on the screenshot there is a silver littlebird to the right of the 3 black ones. I have never seen that before ingame - strange...
                          Last edited by Jinobi; 02-10-2008, 02:12 PM. Reason: Just noticed something
                          Call'em & Kill'em

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                            Thats never going to happen. I think its been talked about and already decided on.

BTW that thing still doesnt work.
                            Do you try to do it in single player?

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to put this informative post to newer players!
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X