X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamplay and the (TG) Tag.

Greetings,
    I just wanted to get a "thought" out in the open. I think the teamplay is slipping a little, a known TG'er was on last night and whined and complained that he could not gun during Kashan. The SL made the squad, assigned people to billets and away we did not go. I convinced him that he WAS part of the team and he was just as important as the rest of the squad. About 4 - 5 minutes into a battle, this TG tag wearing member said he was leaving and going to another squad so he could get some kills, IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT WEARING A TG TAG!!! He jumped out of the tank and walked away!! He stated he was bored because he could not gun and then I saw him after we got worked by the MEC tanks in a 1 (one) man locked squad as a SNIPER on Kashan?!? Like I said, it's a game and I know this happens, but I did not expect this from him and his status as a member. I have read the rules and understand what is expected of me, some may not be able to read it seems.

Re: Teamplay and the (TG) Tag.

I would have to agree. The gameplay is slipping a bit from what should (in my opinion) be the norm. I know I've said many times about how things used to be at TG, but it seems to be getting a bit ridiculous as far as the amount of foolishness that goes on. I honestly think the admins should be a bit more hard-lined about things and ban more players who repeat such offenses. While I know TG needs as many Supporting Members as possible, we all have an obligation to keep the teamplay and tactics in the game so that the experience is what we all signed up for. I think I'm going to add "Keep TG Tactical!" to my sig, lol...

Comment

Yeah, i hate to admit it, but there are some people sporting the TG tag that could learn a lesson in decency

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

that would piss me off no matter who did it.

|
        |

Comment

I concur on all points.
          sigpic

Comment

That same person was in a one man sniper squad on OGT as well. I was commanding and asking him to at least go to certain places to provide overwatch, which he denied doing as well. Guess this person needs to be kept an eye on.
            sigpic

Comment

don't need a TG tag to be a team player. If your SL you don't have to put up with it. Lock it and boot the problem player. Problem solved.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

DoorGuner, you bring up a good point. I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand more:

If a TG-tagged member is acting inappropriately, report them!!!!!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

All of you PM these infractions to an admin...

Rest assured they'll be spoken to.
                  Skud

Comment

Problem is that the TG tag and attitude are voluntary. There is no "quality control" on who can wear the tag other than their own willingness to adhere to the philosophy of TG. Anyone can show up on the server with TG in front of their name.

Some seem to think it's a status symbol when in fact all it's supposed to do is identify you as a team player amd someone wiling to help new players.

By all means treat anyone wearing the TG tag as you would any other "pubber". The vast majority wearing the tag are in fact upholding the ideals , great players and extremely helpful if you ask nicely but there are also a few "bad apples" out there.

Simply report them.
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I'm not a bad apple, I'm just slightly past ripe. ;)
                      sigpic

Comment

There IS quality control if you take the time to contact an admin regarding these types of infractions. I wouldn't suggest that you treat everyone wearing the tag (or anyone else for that matter) with the same respect that you would your average "pubber." At TG, we expect that you treat everyone with respect. Period.
                        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                          There IS quality control if you take the time to contact an admin regarding these types of infractions. I wouldn't suggest that you treat everyone wearing the tag (or anyone else for that matter) with the same respect that you would your average "pubber." At TG, we expect that you treat everyone with respect. Period.
                          AD is absolutely right. While wearing the tag is voluntary, the responsibility that comes with it is not. Believe me when I say that if you wear the TG tag in your name and you dont adhere to the rules and concepts behind that tag, someone will soon be asking you, if not directly TELLING you to remove it from your name.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that NOBODY is immune to the rules. If you see Apophis himself on the server bunnyhopping and intentionally TKing people, report him. The admins are just as accountable for their actions as anyone else. So are IHS members, SM's, tag wearing regulars. If you see someone breaking a rule, post it in the admin forum. Nobody can see the post except you and the admin staff. If you have a problem with a specific admin, you need to either contact one of the other admins through PM or contact Tempus, who is the BF2 game officer.

Lastly, I'd like to remind everyone that teamwork is REQUIRED here. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, it is a rule to play as a team. If your squad leader assigns you a role you dont like, TOUGH. You can try and ask for a different role, but if you're denied, you live with it. You dont squad jump in the middle of a firefight becuase things arent going your way. You dont go do your own thing as a sniper just because you feel like it if the commander has ordered you elsewhere. You play as a team here, or you play somewhere else.

Comment

DoorGunner - I think I speak for any of the other admins on this - would you PM the name of this individual to one of us please?

Originally posted by Cpt_RatBastard View Post
                            I'm not a bad apple, I'm just slightly past ripe. ;)
                            Rat - I'll take a thousand "slightly pas ripe" players exactly like you over some of the players I've seen with the TG tag in their names that don't want to play as a team or do a lot of other things that are unacceptable.

Disclaimer: Door - the following is not meant as a flame toward you:

I have to agree with the premise of the thread. However, this exact thread rears it's ugly head more times than I can count on this board. It seems to appear once the "newness" of the current version of PR wears off.

Really, what is the root cause of this?

The popularity of our server means that players are going to be drawn to it like moths to a flame.

Why is it so popular?

Is it because of the reputation that we've established here - the "TG" brand if you will? Possibly, yes. To some extent this has helped attract and keep players here.

Is it because of the admins on the server? Possibly. We do try to keep it a "smacktard free" zone as much as possible and we do enforce the rules with no prejudice. Some players appreciate this and will return to the server as often as possible because of this I'm sure.

Or, is it because the server is constantly full? Again, this probably is a major drawing point for players. PR works best when there are a lot of people playing it. Kashan 64 with 10 total players isn't really a whole lot of fun.

Regardless of the reason why players are attracted here, they are in no way, shape, or form required to visit this web site and read our server rules, register on the forums and participate in the community. I think you will find that for the most part, the players that take this extra effort are the ones that really believe in the spirit of "TG" and will play with the team in mind first, themselves second.

The reality of it is though that a lot of players that frequent the TG PR server never "set foot" on this server and try to see what the TG community is really about. These players may or may not be focused on team first. They may also not break any of the rules or do anything to draw attention upon themselves other than to be really focused on themselves instead of their squad and their team. They might even slap the TG prefix on before they join because it looks cool. There is no formal process for being able to add these tags, so just because a player is wearing them doesn't mean that they're going to hold the "Zen of TG" to heart.

I guess I've kind of strayed a little here, so sorry for the rambling. What I'm really trying to say is this: I think that we should try to keep our expectations in check a little on the server. It is full of pubbies that may or may not adhere to the TG standard. It is unrealistic to find 62 players that are all focused on their team and not themselves (unreasonable, no - unrealistic, yes!). Do we want it that way? NO! Is it the reality that we're always faced with? Yes, sadly.

I'm tired - I've re-read this 3 times before submitting it - I hope it makes sense.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I second that disposable rat, you can be my wingman anytime.......

What really irks me is that an end of a tough round of qwai, having a SL with at TG tag say "what a waste of time." And then saying to me (i was commanding) "we were defending, while we should have been attacking" Guess what, DEFENSE is part of the game....that individual just got huge demerit points in my book and what he typed at the end of the map, shouldn't allow him to wear the TG tag. I won't say his in game name to all because I don't want to embarrass him, but he should re-read what it means to wear that tag.....

enough venting time for bed, thanks to all who were under my command this evening on Qwai I had a heck of a lot of fun!!!
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...