Why I love Project Reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love Project Reality

First of all: My brother's just re-installed BF2 on his PC, so I won't be able to play PR for a while unless I buy a copy for myself (I was using his copy before), and today I had a go at playing on the MEC team at Strike at Karkand (shudder) seeing if I still have the skills to play well in vBF2.

I don't.

I kept getting killed by instant-proners, forgetting that the accuracy loss after proning is gone. There were many, many snipers around and it was hard to look round a corner without getting the top of my noggin shot off. Then there was the retarded accuracy of the guns, which is either a) far far far too accurate for guns like the MP7, P90 and the Militia's sapper's gun (with the cylindrical cartridge under the barrel). or b) not accurate enough for guns like the L85A1 or the FN F2000. And I haven't even got to the vehicle stealing or the disorganization yet.

Basically, PR is so different to vBF2 that it might as well be a whole new game (I would pay for it too). So I'd just like to say thanks to everyone at TG for teaching me the way of PR, and blast you all for making me totally intolerant of anything less!

Westy.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Why I love Project Reality

westy, if you go on amazon.com, you can get a copy of BF2 for as low as $3.50 USD. Not quite sure what that is in euros/pounds but it's pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      westy, if you go on amazon.com, you can get a copy of BF2 for as low as $3.50 USD. Not quite sure what that is in euros/pounds but it's pretty low.
      Wow, 3.50 USD is probably about 20p. Thanks, I will try and order it soon.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Sadly (for our economy) $3.50 US is only 1.78 GBP.

Comment

Hi all,

I totally agree, now i cant play any other game, none stack up... in some weird sense i get nervours thinking about the day PR is no more.. :(

Cheers

Aus-trooper
          seeya on the battlefield

Comment

Originally posted by austrooper View Post
            Hi all,

I totally agree, now i cant play any other game, none stack up... in some weird sense i get nervours thinking about the day PR is no more.. :(

Cheers

Aus-trooper
            Me to..... I play way too much.... ahah
            Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Yeah thats why I love PR too. I hope BF3 will be PR-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by VirDeBello View Post
                lol!

|
                |

Comment

yeah i played a bit of vbf2 a few days ago...it was juts utter chaos. the maps are so tiny!! i couldnt take it

"These things we do that others may live."
                  Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
                  GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

Originally posted by VirDeBello View Post
                    I can almost guarantee that BF3 will be more of the same as BF2. EA is not interested in catering to our style of gameplay. They want to appeal to the large masses of pubbies who seem to thrive on the chaos and disorganization of the original games. Here is a quote from DICE that I swiped from the PR website:

"Battlefield is all about fun, action-oriented gameplay. We'll leave the truly realistic experiences to the mod teams who thrive on that type of action."

But who knows. 90% of the additions to BF2 were taken or copied from mods like Desert Combat and EOD.

Comment

Man, im now addicted to Pr. I just had my first good round gunning for a tank. Regrettably i got kicked for a supporting member, but i had 20 armor kills, 7 deaths and over 1000 points.
                      I should really start paying for this

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

my name is glory, and I am addicted to PR...0n!!!

Comment

Westly it isn't BF2 that's the problem, it's the server not being TG. Had it been a BF2 TG server you would have loved it. It's like playing POE on other server than TG, terrible!

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                          Sadly (for our economy) $3.50 US is only 1.78 GBP.
                          Sadly in my country, that's not even half a beer out in the pubs. But i do enjoy the dollar being cheap these days yep.

Comment

I dont understand why thats sad, just means the dollar is weaker than the pound. Besides, being able to buy a copy of BF2 for less than half the price of a beer? How is that a bad thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                              I can almost guarantee that BF3 will be more of the same as BF2. EA is not interested in catering to our style of gameplay. They want to appeal to the large masses of pubbies who seem to thrive on the chaos and disorganization of the original games. Here is a quote from DICE that I swiped from the PR website:

"Battlefield is all about fun, action-oriented gameplay. We'll leave the truly realistic experiences to the mod teams who thrive on that type of action."

But who knows. 90% of the additions to BF2 were taken or copied from mods like Desert Combat and EOD.
                              The thing is, EA/dice can never attain the level of fine tuning PR has, because it cannot test for years on end. Unless off course they go the valve-teamfortress2 way and release a flurry of patches for considerable time (and not just bug-fixes).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X