Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the most annoying thing

Hi all,

just thought i would get this out so that it hopfully occurs less.

last night i was sitting in a landie on the 50cal supporting my squad. all of a suddern some idiot jumped in and started to drive off. I got out and fired a warning shot to let him know i was pissed. In response he proceeded to tk me.

Similar occurances happen when i play co, people just take the co truck not even considering that i am trying to deploy assets.

Hopfully players realise that the described behaviour just plain rude. I know most experienced TG players dont do this, hence why I love the TG server.

Hopfully visitors to the server read this post so that maturity levels increase.

Cheers

Aus-trooper
    seeya on the battlefield

Re: the most annoying thing

If someone does this, report them! Otherwise it's just going to keep on happening...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I've seen people get kicked by admin for stealing vehicles. So definitely report it and don't think you're being petty.

In your case, I would have stayed in the .50cal and told him to get out. Most people get the idea.

Comment

This is also a good reason for everyone to be on TeamSpeak and in the correct team channel. That way a seemingly unattended vehicle can be requested and if no one objects, you can take it. If a squad has intentions for the vehicle, they can tell the individual no, don't take it. but yes anyone who just jumps in a vehicle and takes off should be reported and dealt with accordingly.

Comment

TS is a vital asset, there are many times that If i am a CO i will ask what SL's are in the TS channel and then mute them in the CO console, so i can communicate to them on TS and vice versa and it limits the squad to squad chatter......I think theres another way to talk to individual squads without muting others but I haven't had the chance to try it out.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            I think theres another way to talk to individual squads without muting others but I haven't had the chance to try it out.
            If you highlight a squad in the console and use the 'B' key, you communicate only with that SL. When you use the 'V' key, you broadcast to all squads simultaneously, regardless of which squad is highlighted in the console.

|
            |

Comment

Yes that is correct...the V or Commander chat talks to all squads; the B or Squad VoIP talks to individual squads.

You can of course also talk to your team in text, if they're paying attention.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                Yeah, but to be effective, make sure it looks like this:

1337Spec0pzSn1pr C.O.: FOMGz0rZ FOREGT EVRYTHING I NEED SH0VLEZ HEER NOW!!!!!!!!111ONE

|
                |

Comment

This happens to me all the time! Some guy drove me off into a concentration of enemies. You guys can try to chat in text to them but that usually takes to long because when I Type on PR the typing lags.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                    This is also a good reason for everyone to be on TeamSpeak and in the correct team channel. That way a seemingly unattended vehicle can be requested and if no one objects, you can take it. If a squad has intentions for the vehicle, they can tell the individual no, don't take it. but yes anyone who just jumps in a vehicle and takes off should be reported and dealt with accordingly.
                    yeah but I dont want just any humvee stealing moron yapping away on teamspeak..

Definately Report the guy, take the time to look up his name and type it out or he will never change his behaviour..
                    I was wrenching on my Humvee and this guy gets in it and honks the horn, like "GET IN".. I just went and stood in front of the thing and typed out "My Ride".. he got the picture.

Comment

Yea just report them or get on TS.
                      Last night some fool tk'd me for a vehicle after i pulled up next to him and asked him if he needed a ride! !report & Nardini made him disappear within 60 seconds.
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                        Yea just report them or get on TS.
                        Last night some fool tk'd me for a vehicle after i pulled up next to him and asked him if he needed a ride! !report & Nardini made him disappear within 60 seconds.
                        Nardini = Houdini?! O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O AHHHHHHHHHH

Lord of the Mangoes
                        In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
                        In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                          Yes that is correct...the V or Commander chat talks to all squads; the B or Squad VoIP talks to individual squads.

This is my main way of communicating to squads when I command. I as a SL am not a huge fan when the commander broadcasts things to individual squads over the whole comms system. It blocks out the information your squadmembers are trying to relay to you...things you asked them to tell you,but you can't hear because of commander chatter. It is probally one of the least known commander abilities known to the community. Make a post with commander tips and sticky it maybe? I'll work on one if it will be stickied for me.

Comment

It is probally one of the least known commander abilities known to the community.
                            In fact this tip was in the "General Tips for 0.7" post:

21. Commanders can talk to individual squadleaders by entering the command screen, clicking on the squad, and holding 'B'. Using the 'V' key sends your voice to ALL squads.

You're welcome to add any more CO tips to the thread! After a wee while, I'll probably amalgamate the tips in the thread into categories and a tidier looking document.
                            Last edited by Nero; 02-14-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I am the first to admit that I use the "V" key too much while speaking to one squad. Only because I am on the move and need to talk and drive. "B" doesn't work when not in the commander screen which is a major oversight on the part of DICE. Since as Commander I am often building things for the team because the SLs don't know how or won't, I am in the Commander screen only between builds and moves.

However I also use the "V" key when giving orders to a single squad sometimes because I want the team to know that Squad # is going to X point so that they know their flank is covered. I will then order individual squads to reinforce them if needed. I obviously use the "V" key when asking for shovels on assets to build them up.

On a bad note I guess I also use the "V" key to order a squad I know is not going to follow my orders to embarrass them to the team. If they are in position to follow my orders in the first place obviously. That way the team knows that Squad # was ordered to do something important and they "choose" not to and hence when that point is lost or that side is not covered the team knows who to blame.
                              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X