Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a thread on Offical UCB cap areas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a thread on Offical UCB cap areas.

So, If admins could make a sticky with all the maps and grayed out areas showing UCB areas where it is not okay to shoot an enemy without being threatened. today i was playing on jabal, i was in their base as spec ops looking for assets, when i see an enemy repairing an AA gun. He looks at me, then goes back to repair. Me, being a loyalest, does not shoot. I stood behind him waiting for him to shoot, then i look at the map, and i could not determine if he was in or out of the UCB area. I decided not to shoot, and he quickly jumped in the aa, i still couldnt shoot him, he keeps spinnin looking for me, then i try to run off and he guns me down.
    So, Can an admin make a thread showing the offical UCB areas all in one thread?

Re: We need a thread on Offical UCB cap areas.

Instead of one of the admins doing this (Since they're very busy), why don't you take it upon yourself?

It'd be good community work.
    Skud

Comment

By the way, shooting the guy repairing assets in a UCB is legal. You should have shot him.

Comment

Unfortunately, the admins can't take out our measuring sticks and figure out what's in play and what isn't. Basically if you think you're too close, you probably are. There is also no reason to be close to a UCB anyways, unless you are destroying assets.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Last edited by ratlover232; 02-13-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
            Unfortunately, the admins can't take out our measuring sticks and figure out what's in play and what isn't. Basically if you think you're too close, you probably are. There is also no reason to be close to a UCB anyways, unless you are destroying assets.
            Right which was the question he asked. In this situation should he engage the person since they obviously saw him and are fixing an asset that will be used to kill him. He was looking for assets to destroyed so he was there for a good reason. I would suspect killing anyone you think saw you is a legitimate reason to kill someone in a UCB.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
              I would suspect killing anyone you think saw you is a legitimate reason to kill someone in a UCB.
              Wrong. You are allowed to kill people in UCB's under two conditions:
              1. They shoot at you first.
              2. They are repairing assets.
              Otherwise, you are not to engage any personnel, assets only (this means command posts, bunkers, static AA guns, razorwire. vehicles are NOT assets). As far as "UCB camping" goes, ANYONE from either team can be in either UCB at any time so long as they dont open fire. Ergo, I can walk right into the enmy UCB and dance a jig on top of their command post if I want to and it's perfectly legal. If I walk in and shoot someone before they shoot me though, thats out of bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Wrong. You are allowed to kill people in UCB's under two conditions:
                1. They shoot at you first.
                2. They are repairing assets.
                Otherwise, you are not to engage any personnel, assets only (this means command posts, bunkers, static AA guns, razorwire. vehicles are NOT assets). As far as "UCB camping" goes, ANYONE from either team can be in either UCB at any time so long as they dont open fire. Ergo, I can walk right into the enmy UCB and dance a jig on top of their command post if I want to and it's perfectly legal. If I walk in and shoot someone before they shoot me though, thats out of bounds.
                I'd like to add to 1) that it is very easy to get a random pubbie to shoot at you from the ucb.
                Hanging around the ucb will always make someone shoot at you, and than people keep figting until the attackers are dead.

This is a very easy way to avoid the rule and ucb-camp anyway. However, It will make my online avatar frown so heavily upon you that the virtual weight of my wookie arms will make you lag!

Comment

You've got a good point Al, so my suggestion is this: if you see enemies in your UCB, dont shoot at them unless you have to! If the guy is just standing around, leave him alone. At best hes waiting for you to leave or gathering intel. So what. If you see him making a move for your assets, then kill him. Keep in mind that only the person you shoot at can shoot back. Hell, go stand right next to him if you want to. If he shoots at you first, report him!

Play smart. Smart wins over jittery every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    You've got a good point Al, so my suggestion is this: if you see enemies in your UCB, dont shoot at them unless you have to! If the guy is just standing around, leave him alone. At best hes waiting for you to leave or gathering intel. So what. If you see him making a move for your assets, then kill him. Keep in mind that only the person you shoot at can shoot back. Hell, go stand right next to him if you want to. If he shoots at you first, report him!

Play smart. Smart wins over jittery every time.
                    You've lost me... Why on God's green Earth would I allow an enemy soldier to walk around my UCB?

All the server UCB rules I've read deal with the expected conduct of players in the Enemy's UCB.

Even a well behaved enemy in my team's UCB is doing Bad Things as far as the outcome of the round is concerned.

- Reporting troop/vehicle movements and readiness
                    - Destroying Commander Assets
                    - Killing Engineers trying to repair Commander Assets.

When I spawn in my team's UCB, I'm shooting anyone I see that isn't wearing the same uniform as the one I'm wearing UNLESS my SL orders me not to.

Comment

Yea I don't see why anyone would allow an enemy combatant in their UCB just to hang out. Doesn't make any sense at all. I think it's pretty easy to distinguish base raping to someone trying to blow up assets or just reporting on activity. If I get shot by someone by themselves in UCB when I not even facing them then yea that's a pretty obvious rules violation. But if I am moving towards the Command Post and a guy pops up beside it or around it and takes me out then I say, good for him. Especially if moments later the Command Post goes boom. It's a judgment call for each instance. So it's kind of hard to be cut and dry.

Edit add:

Let me add the following directly from the Rules section on the website:
                      Link To Rules

2) Players are not allowed into the enemy Un-Capturable Base (UCB) for any reason other than for the sole purpose of destroying the enemy's assets (artillery/uav/radar). Restricted acts include:

1. Entering the UCB with the intent on killing a disoriented spawning player.
                      2. Entering the UCB with the intent of stealing any vehicle.
                      3. Flying over the UCB for air raids / bombing runs.
                      4. Entering the UCB with the intent to lay mines / c4.

Addendum: In the project reality mod, a main (base) flag shall be considered a UCB unless the AAS Headquarters (HQ) message states to capture it.

These acts are restricted not to deny valid real-life tactics, but to ensure the quality of game play. Rule #2 must be a simple and clear rule that is easily administered and does not vary on a map-by-map basis.
                      Further down in the same page it says this.

It is the responsibility of the attacker to not spawn camp while in the opposition UCB, for any reason or amount of time. The attacker may and should defend himself and his fellow soldiers from attack during his objective in the UCB, but at no point may he spawn camp, even if the only alternative is death and/or failing his UCB objective.
                      So no spawn camping. Spawn camping is defined as follows again on the same page.

"Spawn camping" requires a certain INTENT. To spawn camp, it must be your INTENT to EXPLOIT a player's post-spawn lack of orientation while attacking that player. You are sitting (camp), waiting to attack a player immediately after he enters gameplay (spawn). This is spawn camping, and it is not allowed on Tactical Gamer's BF2 server.
                      As you can see from the rules, coming in to blow up commander assets and then running into enemies inside their main base and they see you gives you justification to take them out to complete your mission. It does not allow you to hang around and keep killing as that is specifically laid out in rules 1 through 4. However killing someone who spots you BEFORE being fired upon is legal and legit to complete your mission. However if the commander asset is located near a spawn area then you better make sure you are hidden and get to that thing without spawn camping. So it is in the best interest of the commander to place the command post near a spawn point to make the job as difficult as possible to get to it by a rules following player.

Clear as mud as they say.
                      Last edited by kilroy0097; 02-14-2008, 08:14 AM.
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Just to clarify. If im in... say a tank, shooting at a capable rally, and someone from the main opens up on me and my driver, am i allowed to shoot back?

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                        Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Originally posted by squadexodus View Post
                          Just to clarify. If im in... say a tank, shooting at a capable rally, and someone from the main opens up on me and my driver, am i allowed to shoot back?
                          If it's something that can actually hurt anyone on your tank then I would say yes. Since they shot first.

BTW Random question. What is the exact command to type in a server to report a player? Is it in Server Chat, Team Chat or does it matter? I tried typing in "!reporting player reason" within Server Chat (J) but I didn't see anything official go across.

Offending player Zatar Wetlands this morning around 5am or so.
                          BLOW Mc.bus for TKing and Grief killing helo pilots.

Comment

Use Global chat for !REPORTING.

Kilroy - the !REPORTING: <player> for <infraction> mechanism does not trigger some type of auto-admin script. It servers three purposes:

1) If admins are monitoring the server chat in BF2CC or if they are in the game, then it makes them aware of a problem occuring on the server so that they can then take steps to remedy the situation
                            2) It is permanently archived in the server logs which are reviewed by the admins. This review includes looking specifically for !REPORTING: in the log. Actions can and will be taken against the offending player even though they are no longer on the server.
                            3) It makes the offending player aware that they are not getting away with the rules infraction, especially if they are aware of #1 and #2 above.

It would be advisable that if you do use !REPORTING: and there aren't any admins around, that you also follow up with a report on the Contact an Admin forum just to make sure it is seen by an admin and will be dealt with.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

If I ever find someone in my own teams UCB i don't even think of shooting them, I just walk right over to them and knife them (While acting like i don't see them :P). If they shoot in this situation at me is it still against the rules? Even if I ran straight to him or was aiming at his face with a sniper rifle but didn't shoot and they shot at me would it be against the rules?

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X