Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is POE any good???

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if POE is any good. Mind u i love PR I just wanted to get a take on it before trying. My initial understanding is that its still alot like VBF2.

Cheers

Austrooper
    seeya on the battlefield

Re: Is POE any good???

There are more similarities to vBF2 in PoE than there are in PR, but it's still a great game and TG has an awesome PoE community. It's definitely worth checking out.

Comment

Cheers Ferris
      seeya on the battlefield

Comment

yes, poe is good. I really enjoyed their BFV version, but this version is good too. MUCH better than vanilla, but with some similar aspects. If you like mods, why not try and support another is my feeling.

Comment

POE is good if you can get on the Tactical Gamer servers. I urge you to check it out

Comment

Got my first serious hook into the Mod community via POE. I thought it was excellent and a lot of fun. If there was a way to some how combine POE maps and vehicles with PR squads, commander stuff it would just about a perfect game. I do enjoy the POE infantry combat more from a weapon stand point.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I tried POE for the first time about 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Granted its closer to vanilla than anything, but the good thing is there isn't any UAV (thank God). It's fast paced and packed with good maps and lots of action. As far as strategy goes, it's basically non-existent. The mod is nothing like PR which is much slower and requires much more strategy....which is also fun.

Comment

If you did not use strategy playing POE then you are not getting what you should out of the game. Blindly attacking the flag against a real defense is just going to get you a free ticket to respawnville. A squad full of pubbies is not going to employ much tactics or strategy as they join the herd and run flag to flag. But join a squad with 50% regulars and I bet you see a lot more strategy. And by strategy I don't mean bellycrawl for 30 minutes to find out the flag you were headed to is already in friendly hands.
                |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

From what i have read i dont think i would get into POE, my time playing arcarde style shooters is over thanks to PR, I love the team cordination and strategy. I doesnt bother me to spend 1/2 an hour sliently sneaking up on my enemy to place a strategic mine on the road and then c4 just after it, and then wait another 1/2 an hour to take out a vital enemy asset such as a tank knowing that I may have just supported an assult on an ememy flag somewhere else. :)
                  seeya on the battlefield

Comment

POE is closer to BF2 yes but it is an EXCELLENT transition Mod to PR. I highly Recommend POE to any BF2 vanilla player who thinks PR is too much but BF2 is not enough. It is a very good middle Mod between the two. I would place FH about the same as POE give or take depending on if you like the genre.
                    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It's a good mod to just hop in and shoot stuff. It's good enough for me to keep it installed.
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X