Possible AA Thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible AA Thing

Ok, this might sound like complaining, but I would think it would be nice to have the mobile AA stay a bit closer to the MB (like on Oman WAC) because as it is, the AA guns you can spawn are the W's favorite tools(you can guess what the W is) so as it is, without mobile missile platforms, it's almost impossible to fly helicopters around on the smaller maps.
    What you guys think? Have the MAA protect the main bases?
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: Possible AA Thing

No. Oman just shouldnt be in rotation. Plus, there are certainly ways for the USMC to get behind the MEC team on that map. I seem to recall something a few months ago involving blackhawks flying extremely high then pulling a rapid descent behind enemy lines and wiping the MEC off the map. One firebase for the marines=goodnight mec.

Comment

I dont think it should be in permanently but it plays a bit better this version, seems ok for a quick game

A possible AA thing I noticed is do the manpad rockets work on littlebirds now? not sure its supposed to be that way

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I saw 3 littlebirds, none got manpadded. Two got shot down by static AA guns, one got rocked at point blank by LAT when he tried very stupidly to land on the roof of hotel when there was LAT/AA/Grenadier up there.

Comment

Whats so bad about oman? I like being on the carrier, because i can repair all the choppers.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
          Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

the marine helos are minced meat there...I can't get a cobra in close to the beach without the warning tone going off
            sigpic
            <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              No. Oman just shouldnt be in rotation.
              I agree i think this map is so unfair on the US, the cobras are basically just a distraction while the troops land in.

Comment

The map is unbalanced in favor of the MEC. Each of the 3 flags they have to defend are too close to their main, so even without a fire base or bunker they can reinforce areas from their main quickly enough to defend or retake those flags. Throw in counter-attack and armor, and it just doesn't work very well for PR. Heck, it even sucks in Vanilla.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Just to confirm, AA rockets shoot down littlebirds now. Easy to do as well.

I'll forward on the info to cas117

[media]http://i32.tinypic.com/24meqa9.jpg[/media]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Never said they couldnt shoot em down, said they cant lock on to them. I've hipshot at least two littlebirds with the manpad AA on kashan alone.

Comment

You can lock onto them, I've done it in the Bradley (AAV)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X