Mrap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrap?

This is one of the new vehicles being integrated into the U.S. military These have been out for a few years, but until recently they haven't been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. MRAP stands for "Mine Resistant Ambush Protected" vehicle. Would be an interesting add on to the PR mod. What do you think?

Re: Mrap?

I reckon they should bring back the Extract mode, that would be a good vehicle to have in the VIP extract maps.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

IMO that vehicle looks like a camper-rig that someone built in some post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Comment

There are literally hundreds of vehicles that could be used in the mod. MRAPs are the big thing now and I also would like to see something besides the outdated HMMWV. Maybe something from Force Protection.

Comment

I think it becomes a balancing issue: can insurgents in game take one of those down?
          Skud

Comment

Easy. They are designed to protect those inside...they aren't built to creat an indestructable vehicle. When one of these bad boys runs over a mine, they are just disabled. The occupants aren't killed. To simulate this you could have the MRAP become disabled instead of completely destroyed when hit by one mine/IED or one RPG. This gives the occupants a chance to get out of the vehicle and fight back/retreat.

Comment

The RG31 is being produced for the Canadian faction, the guy making it has commented that he is doing an american version of it too, so hopefully we see that in the near future.

Comment

i think they should add some more saxons into pr, evry1 hates them but i think there great, they so quite and good for ambushes.

Comment

One thing that even a humvee needs and especially all armored cars is the CROWS system. Coolest thing i have ever seen. So cool infact i even made one for my paintball guns lol.

CROWS in 50 cal and 40 mm grenades!
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Play America's Army. There are HMMWVs with the CROWS system in both .50 cal and 40mm grenade.

Comment

I think we have one in PR..

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Where is that pic from? I have never seen one in game. Perhaps a future addition? Still a shame to waste it on the HMMWV.

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacanadian View Post
                          Easy. They are designed to protect those inside...they aren't built to creat an indestructable vehicle. When one of these bad boys runs over a mine, they are just disabled. The occupants aren't killed. To simulate this you could have the MRAP become disabled instead of completely destroyed when hit by one mine/IED or one RPG. This gives the occupants a chance to get out of the vehicle and fight back/retreat.
                          Exactly. The MRAP should sit midway between a HMMWV and an APC is terms of armour strength. Small arms fire shouldn't hurt it, but heavy MG fire should eventually disable and then destroy it. C4 placed on it or dropped onto it from above should destroy it as the mine/IED protection is on the underside of the MRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by eol View Post
                            I think we have one in PR..

Thats just a weird Humvee...

Wouldn't this vehicle replace the humvee alltogether? The two vehicles seem to serve the same purpose so there isn't much point in having both of them.

Comment

I like that one better, you can get shot less. However, ive never seen it except on a training map

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                              Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X