A10's without spotters...are like...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10's without spotters...are like...

fill in anything you want. I say: Ferraris without gas.

I think the fate of every Kashan Desert team lies in the fate of 1 man spotting targets. Talk about a high-pressure role. Too many JET squads lately have been lacking a SL or spec ops on the ground spotting targets...complete waste. Relying on an outside squad to spot for you is sloppy.

With 15 players wanting to get into the pilot squad every round, let's try and find someone willing to spot or your squad is garbage. My opinion is if you are the squad leader making the JET squad, you should be the one spotting and directing your pilots, while waiting for the second batch of jets if you really want to fly. Spec ops in the squad is a less than ideal compromise.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: A10's without spotters...are like...

When in game, I'd be more than willing to spot for any JET squad. What about SpecOps makes them less desirable for this role? Curiosity question, still pretty unfamiliar with the ins and outs of .7
    | | |

Comment

squad leader can put up move orders and can hit T and send over chat "sending laser". Spec ops has to rely on VOIP and grid coordinates or has to tell SL where to put a move order.

I think the commander personally makes a great spotter, as he can place CAS markers, move markers, laser targets, and talk to SL's that are flying.
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

imo its the lack of transports available - the dirtbike is missing, can't find it so i found myself walking about 6 km on kashan as specops the other day spotting for cpt_rat_bastard (who did awesome a10 bomb drops on my targets and the whole team's)

ofc the black hawk got me a few times and saved me a few miles as well

but in the end walking 2.5 km at once just to get an AAV, south of our airfield, bombed out was worth it :row__572:

next time i'll take a humvee though

PS: if u see me on kashan desert ask me to be your spotter ;) -> nick is SnipingBastard

here the rep - if u wanna measure the distances i had to go by foot xD http://bfrecorder.tacticalgamer.com/..._51_13.bf2demo

Comment

Yea, I ususally offer spotting as Spec ops on kashan to the pilots, though lately ive been more just plain infantry which Ive never really been playing as a role on Kashan, its pretty fun if you actually have a dedicated commander and blackhawk transport.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

You are right warehouse, they are useless. I enjoy the spotting role personally. I enjoy seeing tanks blow up when I want them to :)
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I'm not even a Jet Pilot but sometimes you'll see me leading the Jet squad for this purpose only.
              Skud

Comment

watching a jdam drop onto a tank from your spot is very satisfying especially if your squad leader, but i can never resist going up in the second a-10 / frogfoot when they spawn. ALso i agree with warehouse, the Com is the best person as he can put down CAS with a laser without even looking at it, he can just pt them on the map.
                A10's without spotters...are like... me without a witty comeback cs i cant think of anything that relates to this

Comment

A10's without spotters...is like Picasso and no brush.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

This has been an ongoing issue on other servers as well. That's why whenever I choose to fly CAS for my team, I click on TacticalGamer instead of other servers. Believe me, the CAS without spotter problem is the least on the TG server.

Why, no more than five minutes ago I was flying the A-10 along with my wingman A-10, Liquid and our spotter, SmokingGun. That's it. One spotter. One spotter is all it takes to perform the CAS duty for your team. As it turns out, this was the fastest round of Kashan ever, with the US Team winning within one hour.

...and to continue the precedent; "A-10s without spotters is like TacticalGamer without teamwork."

| |

Comment

Turkish, if you enjoy the role of spotter, how come last time i was in your jet squad you denied being the spotter and insisted on being in the A-10 lol. ;)
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

busted lol
                        I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

A-10 without spotter = bullet without the gun

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

A-10's without spotters are like....

I dunno, I just wanted to say that every A-10 ever built flew right over my childhood home as it left the factory. Nearly every day as I grew up A-10's were over my house... it was pretty cool.

A-10's are as much as part of my past as they are part of a spotter's present in PR.

Warthog's rule the battlefield !

|

Comment

A10 without a spotter is like randomly placed artillery.
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X