Spamation of speech before round.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spamation of speech before round.

Hi from a regular from your server! Sometimes, not always, you may get the retart that likes to spam the com with "Yes, sir" or "No way, man". Quite frankly, it gets really fustrating when I'm trying to brief my squad and I can't hear myself and they can't hear me. I don't know if there is a solution to this problem without an admin, but can there be no speech *FROM THE COMMO ROSE* (such as Yes sir, etc.) before the round starts?

"Its not camping, its strategic positioning" - *=SAS=*SARS

Re: Spamation of speech before round.

Don't let them in your squad if they constantly do that kind of immature behavior.
    Skud

Comment

It's a way of saying "yes" or "no." It's also used to accept invitations to join a squad. Besides, there's no feasible way to enforce this rule, and I don't think it's necessary.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

they use the page up and down to do it, especialy some of the comanders who cannot be stopped which is quite annoying, maybe PR guys could change that?

Comment

The problem with an individual spamming 'yes/no' at the very start of the round is that you can't identify who is actually doing it. Once ppl are spawned in you can see their icons on the minimap flash when they trigger the commo-rose.

Unfortunately, there will always be the occasional smacktard who'll do this and their's not much we can do about it. Starting a thread about it and asking them not to is certainly not going to stop their behaviour because they know they are anonymous and can get away with it.

Comment

If the CO does it you should be able to tell from the tone of voice. You can always turn down the speakers for a minute and use text

TG is the opposite of other servers, voip can be used too much and messages are lost. I advise using text in battle sometimes anyway

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

don't worry, the people that do that are going to catch syphiloghonachlamydioherpeaids and die an itchy death. God help anyone in my VOIP squad that I find doing this...
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

i thougth there was a limit like if u spammed 5 times, ud be "muted" for 2 minutes and hte commander will be like "get off this line!"

"These things we do that others may live."
                Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
                GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

Might not apply to the CO though

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    I advise using text in battle sometimes anyway
                    That wouldn't be the best idea, most people have their maps up before the round starts and won't even see it... text is displayed behind the spawn screen.

If it 's just one guy, spam should be limited, unless it 's the commander but he can be identified and reported.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

god i hate it when this happens too....

i agree with the original poster this is so freakin annoying... and is a consequence of taking off chat text for squad members (only CO/SL has chat text for roger/negative)...

Comment

Solution: lower the comms blocking threshold. Theoretically this should be possible within the engine. After 3 or so comm-spams the person is comms blocked for 31 seconds, as opposed to the 7 or 8 it takes now.

Comment

This is GOT TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING THING THAT HAS COME OF PR .7 IS THERE NOT ANY WAY TO STOP IT >>>> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                          The Few,The Proud, The =WTC=
                          =WTC=2ndLt.Plus2 (SA,TSSA,RCTR)
                          sigpic
                          ]Ahhhh it makes a day at the office worth every minute !

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Plus2 View Post
                            This is GOT TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING THING THAT HAS COME OF PR .7 IS THERE NOT ANY WAY TO STOP IT >>>> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                            No, ^^that is the most annoying thing that has come of 0.7.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I center my text because its more important. Please let me in your squad!!!!!

^^ One of my PR pet peeves. Worse then comm spam!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X