Outnumbered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outnumbered

Was just playing Al Kufrah Oilfield with a very good tank squad (me, gabbane and some others) and i was so amazing at how the challengeres just kept coming, at the start of the round our squad killed 4, and another about 3 minutes later. so we thought we were in the clear, but then we saw another one on the horizon, and then another 1 came rite up next to us, before we even had a chance to retreat, eventually we got pushed back all the way to refinery before they took our last tank out and proceeded to attack the main, and by then there was a whole fleet of them. All im trying to say is does anone else think that the brits have an unfair advantage on that map, OR that the spawn time for tanks is to short, as allthough we had the element of surprise at first they jsut outnumbered us in th end.

Re: Outnumbered

Yeah, i was with that squad and can definitely say the brits have an advantage on the map. Their tanks are better (lower to the ground and seem to take 2-3 more hits than a T90), they spawn faster (why this is, I don't know), and they get 5 tanks whereas the mec get 4. The brits also get 2 IFVs and 1 recon vehicle (scimitar) whereas again, the mec only get 2 IFVs.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

The wiki states that the respawn time for British tanks on Al Kufrah is 20mins (same for MEC). I believe that this means that every 20mins after the round begins whatever tanks have been destroyed in that time will be respawned.

Perhaps you destroyed those 5 tanks just before the 20minute mark and then they respawned fairly soon after. Have to agree that the Challenger are a better tank and seems unfair to have 5 Challengers vs 4 T-90's.

Map:Al Kufrah Oilfield
      GB
      * 5 x Challenger II Tank (20 minute respawn)
      * 2 x Warrior IFV (10 minute respawn)
      * 1 x Scimitar (10 minute respawn)
      * 2 x Support Truck (5 minute respawn)

MEC Vehicles
      * 4 x T-90 Tanks (20 minute respawn)
      * 2 x BMP-3 (10 minute respawn)
      * 2 x Supply Trucks (5 minute respawn)

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        The wiki states that the respawn time for British tanks on Al Kufrah is 20mins (same for MEC). I believe that this means that every 20mins after the round begins whatever tanks have been destroyed in that time will be respawned.
        Nope.

Spawn time is the same.. Time just flies when you're in lots of tank battles.
        Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

...whatever tanks have been destroyed in that time will be respawned.
          Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
          Nope.

Spawn time is the same.. Time just flies when you're in lots of tank battles.
          Ah, sorry. That sentence I initially wrote didn't quite come out the way I mean it. It should read: "I believe that this means that every 20mins after the round begins whatever tanks have been destroyed in that time will be respawned at the 20 minute mark ". Without the italicized words the sentence implied they would be respawned immediately which is obviously incorrect.

Comment

I don't see how brits have an advantage...

BMP-3 has a 75mm HEAT cannon on it. I've used it against tanks with more success than a T-90....
            Skud

Comment

All I have to say is Zatar Wetlands and Gulf of Oman. Both maps have a very strong MEC advantage. I believe some maps are weighted to one side on purpose due to background story. It absolutely sucks sometimes when your team doesn't work together but it's part of the mod feel.
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

They are both assault maps so that is their theme yep

Jabal, oman, zatar, Kyongan'Ni, Hamgyong, Sunset, Mestia, 7 Gates & Al Basrah

All are weighted against the allies initially. Half way through the map flags it should be equal and the endings vary in difficulty

If a team sucks and you feel incapacitated by the failure of others. Try to do the opposite and enable others to success. Ways to do this would be blowing up bridges, building a bunker or firebase, repairing major assets, etc.
                These are secondary actions that dont gain you kills directly but neither lose you tickets either, I find its less frustrating to do this then repeating a lost cause.

In the words of a wise man,
                http://thinkexist.com/quotation/be_t...ld/148490.html

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The Challenger does appear to have a lower profile than the T-90 allowing it to expose less of itself when firing over a ridge.

I was Gunner in Tank #2 in ollie_fool's MEC Tanker squad and what finished us off was being down to 1 Engineer fixing both badly banged up tanks when we got flanked. Tank 2's turret was U/S at the time and Tank 1 was covering the last known position of enemy armour, allowing a sneaky Brit to take us both out.

While I can see that the gun on a BMP-3 is suited to tank hunting, they have to hit and fade as they can't absorb anything like the punishment a tank can.

Comment

yeah...i was there too...it seemed like no matter how many brits we killed, there was always 1 more on our flank. perhaps if we had a couple more engineers as a repair squad.

maybe a better way to configure thw squad would have been 2 tankers, 4 inf: 2 engies, 1 heavy AT, 1 light AT...working from a fire base, so ammo was close, and repairs could be made from cover...

oh well...it was one hell of a battle :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      All are weighted against the allies initially. Half way through the map flags it should be equal and the endings vary in difficulty
                      Seeing as when we get to half out tickets are so decimated that we dont really have much of a chance of fighting back :)

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
                        yeah...i was there too...it seemed like no matter how many brits we killed, there was always 1 more on our flank. perhaps if we had a couple more engineers as a repair squad.

maybe a better way to configure thw squad would have been 2 tankers, 4 inf: 2 engies, 1 heavy AT, 1 light AT...working from a fire base, so ammo was close, and repairs could be made from cover...

oh well...it was one hell of a battle :)
                        Having a firebase nearby along with an Inf squad in an APC would have allowed us to hold that flank all round.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X