Vote for Speed Nights!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Speed Nights!

There is no poll option for me so reply if you like the idea.

I would like for one night a week for some of the following to be in place:

Server files changed so that bleed starts at 60% of map and speeds up from there. If a team is down to two flags bleed should be very rapid.

Round time set to 120 minutes.

Maplist changed to play underplayed maps.

Re: Vote for Speed Nights!

Speed is bad
    http://www.narconon.ca/speed.htm

On a serious note, I believe ticket bleed is set by the map

Comment

I'm sorry. But I'm going to have to disagree here. There wouldn't be enough time allotted to put anything but a "rush" strategy involved. PR is designed for slow paced gameplay, intense firefights, organized teams, and allowance for tactics and strategy. With something like this implemented comebacks like the EJOD Desert one tonight that happened when I was commanding the MEC team. We lost all flags but our main very quickly. Things looked really bad for our team. But I put squads in positions where it would take advantage of the U.S. team's quick advance that left them over extended through out the city. We hit them hard from the open flank with our Armor and had our infantry push the enemy out into our tank's killing fields. Once we eliminated enemy oposition and sent them on a long walk back from the edge of the city (where their initial rally points were) and/or main we took over the inner city with ease. Now we had 3 infantry squads move onto Ruins in our counter attack and only left one squad at each capable flag that we controled. Once Ruins was taken, we set up a firebase near ruin and had the whole team assault Gas Station. We took it quickly, but lost our armor support once they got their tanks back up and running again. They soon decimated our team from afar at Gas Station, but we kept enough presence there to repell some of the infantry attacks and make them think we had a larger force there than we did. In the end, we lost Gas Station...but won the round by a few hundred tickets even after we got pushed back to our main. This wouldn't of been possible with a massive ticket bleed.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is that doing what your talking about with the ticket bleed....alot of the game's purpose will be disbanded with the new tactics and strategies that would have to be put in. It's not a great idea...not for this game or server. If your looking for some faster paced action I don't recommend PR, even though it can have epic firefights at times.
      Last edited by imnotacanadian; 02-17-2008, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I believe that the PR devs do not want server admins changing map settings, so this would not be possible regardless.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I find it amusing that some people here just don't get it. They want to rush through a map, rush to a flag, blah, blah, blah. Typically these are the same players who refuse to stay in one spot and defend and always want to play hero or something. Really guys, take a step back and read the TG Primer again and the "About PR" at this link:
          http://www.realitymod.com/about.html

Comment

Not entirely related to the OP, but what I would really wish for is a slightly different ticket bleed system.

Say for example if both sides have the same amount of flags there is no bleed, but if one side has one flag more than the OPFOR then this would start a slow bleed of 1 ticket/3 seconds, if they take yet another flag this would go up to 1 ticket/2 seconds, then the next flag would be 1 ticket/1 second, so you get a faster bleed on the enemy the more flags you have.

Just wishful thinking, as I'm sure the developers designed the bleed system the way it is currently for some reason...
            Last edited by Nero; 02-18-2008, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Yep what Nero said is what I want too. Holding both bunkers on kashan should start bleed, etc

I think there is a normal bleed and a fast bleed (2 tickets per second lost) so it seems feasible?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Now think for a second what would happen if bleed started just if you held both bunkers. The fact that a team has to leave the bunkers to cap the next flag is about the only chance the losing team has to retake them. If the bunkers were held in force, as would be the case if bleed started there and all you had to do is wait the enemy out, it would be almost impossible to get inside one of the three openings to the compound. Air insert would be nothing but suicide with the amount of AA that would be inside. Trust me, it is done the way it is for a good reason.

Comment

It'd be a faster game for sure yea but kashan lasts a bit too long imo and this would focus things on infantry more because its going to require a squad to rush one of those three entrances while supported from air or tanks.

I dont think we can tell if it'd play better till its actually tried

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Doesnt matter, as nardini said, its unlikely that you'd be able to get the devs permission to mess with it anyway as far as the public server goes. If you want to mess around with your own files and then play on a local server, feel free, but IIRC the devs get pretty angry when people mess with their work.

Comment

I don't support the idea because PR isn't made for fast paced gameplay. However I do agree on the part where the tickets need to be dealt with. 90 minutes is long enough for me, I like playing more than 1 map/night.
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

There is a game like that - it's called Vanilla BF2 - Oh! The HORROR!!.

Seriously, PR is meant to be played this way - slowly, tactically, with moments of absolute mayhem and sheer terror mixed in.

If it ain't broke....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

If you want speed, but without most of the BF2 vanilla crap download the POE mod and play on one our servers :)

http://www.pointofexistence.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Slurm_Cola View Post
                            If you want speed, but without most of the BF2 vanilla crap download the POE mod and play on one our servers :)
                            Best advice I've heard from this thread, right here. PR was made this way for a reason, let's keep it that way. We have other games for the "rush" type of gameplay at the same quality of BSS.

| |

Comment

If anything give a night with all Assault and Defend maps, they never get played on the server.

There is a difference between slow and redundant. A game of Kashan with 300 tickets compared to 500 would have no noticeable difference in terms of realism or teamplay. If anything it makes the game more intense.

Large ticket counts and no bleed produces static play. Any comeback stories you have are the exceptions and more importantly there is no benefit to your team of fighting past your second point if you can outkill the other team. The only urgency in keeping points is the pain of driving back to the previous sets.

I think many of you confuse static play with realism. But trading control points with unlimited troops from respawn points isn't realistic, it becomes a grind and makes things less about strategy and tactics but about shooting it out over the points. I'm sure the PR dev's would like to bring in more objective based gameplay and would limit spawning from points if they could but until then the game has doesn't keep its focus for long enough periods for me.

Why not have shorter rounds with no vehicle respawn, why wouldn't that be more realistic? Battling it out with superior strategy should give a victory, now during periods that nothing changes hands there is no strategy except keep pushing. I want decisions and combined arms power to be the majority of the playtime but I find that beyond the start of the round or if other team can keep pulling off sweeping moves there is nothing engaging but attacking the same points in an endless tide.

So don't tell me to play PoE (its fun as an action game), I want more thinking in the rounds and for many rounds I don't get it enough to justify staying for the whole round. And I'm not alone in feeling this. Some rounds have both teams mobile for the whole round and those are great, I just want that to happen more often and for a larger part of the round time.

To compare a comeback after an hour of getting sniped outside of base compared to winning a new round with the same team, to me the second is more enjoyable and doesn't waste an hour of my time and avoids sitting at the same point for an hour and then losing (what I've seen more often). And is a comeback to beat the clock any less enjoyable then waiting for the tickets to get to zero?

Or else I guess I will just have to join Tactical Shack to play Arma games that actually revolve around objectives instead of this constant fighting over the same piece of land for way too long.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X