Need a bit of HELP here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of HELP here

Hy Guys Barnaby calling all the way from the UK.

As you can see I'm a SM playing ArmA & CoD4 just now with a bit of Crysis & Flacon thrown in for good measure.

I didn't go the route of the BF2 thing but I'm wondering now what I may have missed out as CoD4 modern is quite good but not tactical enough for me.

So........................ what do I need to get up to the Project Reality game level. I take it PR is an add-on to the basic game right. I did play the original BF series and the desert add-on but that was a few years ago now.

I can't see our TG servers being at work just now but is PR played regularly or only on the passworded days.

Are there any Forum posts I would be advised to read before I go over the top.
    Read up the sops and roe and found the password for PR already but any suggestions on other "must read topics".

Thank you
    Last edited by Barnaby; 02-18-2008, 12:54 PM.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Need a bit of HELP here

You probably want to read the rules (I think they are in a sticky thread). Also, I suggest you read the project reality wiki or manual as the game differs from the normal bf2 series. Other than that, welcome to PR =)

Comment

If possible, try to get onto TeamSpeak and into the PR channel, it's usually got at least 3 people in, and it makes comms a lot easier. Enjoy PR!
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Welcome Barn!

You'll need to purchase BF2. PR you can download from http://www.realitymod.com/. After that install BF2, patch it. Install PR. Also, read the PR manual online.

After installation and setup you'll have to find your BF2 ID as is described in BF2 Announcments. Add that to your profile to use that SM.

Read the manual again.

The PR server is populated 24/7 so no worries there. Just squad up with people and tell them you are new and they will take care of you the first rounds.

After that go read the manual again. :D

See you online!

Comment

Check out this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-noobtime.html

Some good intro info there. Also, as stated above, check out the Users Guide at the PR website at this link:
          http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide

PR is in some ways similar to BF2, but in other ways it is very, very different. The first things you will notice is how kits are selected and distributed, then you will realize that you need specific kits to operate most vehicles. It sounds really complicated, but after you read the guide and play a few rounds you will pick up all but the most specific details in no time. Join a TG squad and let them know you are new and want to learn. Most are more than willing to help and can answer most of your questions if you keep them short and to the point. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Thankas muchas Gents

Seems like I got a shed load of reading to do.
            and then as Superfast says I get to do it all again oh JOY!
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Haha, it's actually not that bad. But in the beginning almost everytime after you play you'll have questions about the game that you will want to read up on.

And don't forget to have fun. :D

Comment

Welcome,

As was noted some things about PR are similar to BF2 as they run on the same engine, but so much has been changed to modify gameplay that the player experience is not comparable. The PR people have really done a lot of thought into reducing the arcade feel and mitigating some of the zerge fest. It now rewards teamplay and communication. PR has inducements to think about what you are doing , aim carefully, avoid dying and support your squad to accomplish multiple objectives during the game.

The mod is popular enough that there are mutiple full servers 24/7.

It might look complicated in the manual at first glance, but don't sweat it. Join a squad, introduce yourself as new and most mates will gladly guide you as you play.

Comment

Ok Gents
                  My BF2 is due to arrive Monday, it took a bit of searching out as it is an out of stock item in most stores.

While I'm waiting is there anything to be gained in d/l the PR mod now or do I need to have BF2 loaded in first?
                  Anything I can read up in the d/l?

Ah just re-read SuperFast's post above where he talks about the "on line manual" so I'm off to read that.

Thanks
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                    Ok Gents
                    My BF2 is due to arrive Monday, it took a bit of searching out as it is an out of stock item in most stores.

While I'm waiting is there anything to be gained in d/l the PR mod now or do I need to have BF2 loaded in first?
                    Anything I can read up in the d/l?

Ah just re-read SuperFast's post above where he talks about the "on line manual" so I'm off to read that.

Thanks
                    Nice Barn!

Also go download the BF2 1.41 patch and the whole PR download. That's about a 2GB download in total which you will need so it's ok to start now. :D

Comment

BF2 must be patched to version 1.41

Then you can install PR 0.7 core & levels

Print off the pr manual and server rules. If you mess up bad, respawn time can be as much as 3 minutes, so having the manual to read both helps prevents it happening again and gives you something to do while waiting.

Medic and engineer are good starting classes, at least if you tk by accident you can heal or revive them

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I pray you have internet faster than 786kb/s Other wise your going to need a real head start

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                        Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Oh Maaaaaaaaaaaan this is BIG.

Got the manual printed.
                          Setting the D/L to run when I'm asleep.

Off out now for a few beers.

Thanks again gents
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah it's a lot to d/l and a lot to read. I'd recommend reading through the manual, then get in game and play. Make sure you tell your squad leaders you're new to PR and they'll get you going proper. Ask lots of questions when its appropriate and then when you've had your fill, go back and reference the manual again. There is also a wiki. The wiki is like the manual, but it goes into greater detail. It's good to dig into once you have a bit of time under your belt.

PR Manual in PDF

PR Wiki (there's a link to the guide on that first page)

|
                            |

Comment

It's good to see more people picking up this mod.

I am sure you are going to enjoy it ;)

Welcome to our little slice of TG heaven :)
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X