Euro password Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro password Night

I was wondering yesterday about the password nights, and whether there could possibly be a chnage to allow more european players to join in. I know the in the Post it says the sunday game will be "Sundays from 1 PM EDT - 12 AM EDT (to allow our European players to take part)" but this just isnt the case, every sunday im on (inculding last) it has started at atleast 10pm GMT, which is later for other euripean countires, so i and a few other people i know havnt been able to take part, or have only been able to play 1 - 2 rounds (got 20 mins into qwai last night. Is there any chance that the sunday Passwrd night could start a little earlier so that more of the european player can take part?

Thanks in advance, Ollie_fool

Re: Euro password Night

From a personal viewpoint, I can not say that this would be a bad thing to do.

Problem is, most Euros are in GMT or GMT +1, meaning that the time is 2000h or 2100h when the PW-night kick-off. Now, I know its called PW-night, but I dont think that many of us are all that interested in actually spending a Sunday night in front of the PC, regardless how fun it might be. I dont know if this feeling is shared, but at least I feel that the main contribution one can do on an PW-night is to help "start" it up before having to leave before the epic PW-rounds begin.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

can you really fill the server at those time ? with a password ... It would be a waist to lock the server sunday afternoon if there is only 30 people in it, trend is that we have more people in the evening , but even when the password night start sometime it take a while before we get enough players usually there is around 40-50 people when the password night start

Comment

I think this sounds like a good idea, two or three hours earlier would make a huge difference for me.
        snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

Being quite frequent during the hours prior of PW-night, I can say that if it is not full so is it atleast close to full.
          sigpic
          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Should be do-able. The server has alot of regulars on around those times anyway.

Good call ollie!

Comment

Yeah, you and I talked about this the other day. Moving the password night forward an hour or two would be great for the european players, I think.
              | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
              Charge for the guns' he said:
              Into the valley of Death
                Rode the six hundred.

Comment

We can't start PW night without an admin, and an admin has to be present during the PW night. This Sunday I'll try to start it earlier, and if I'm not around just ask an admin over TS and we'll see what we can do!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Yeah Ill second that idea. For most euro players its almost bedtime when pw nights starts up.

Comment

The earlier the password is put on, the lower the player count will be. It has been put on early before a few times and thats what happened.
                    So long as its not a gigantic map no problem but small maps in pr are rare now

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

You guys should just do what I do and not sleep. It solves the whole problem of gaming at any hour of the day you feel like.

Comment

[sarcasm] Yeah, who needs sleep, it's completely useless and serves no purpose other than wasting valuable time [/sarcasm]

Just get sleep during the day, go to night school or be a security guard or something XD

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

But then again, the quality of gameplay tend to be pretty high during the hours prior to PW. Dont know the reason for that, but I can only guess that the Euros are trying to make the best out of the situation.;)
                          sigpic
                          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            You guys should just do what I do and not sleep. It solves the whole problem of gaming at any hour of the day you feel like.
                            Short answer: Kids and work

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
                            But then again, the quality of gameplay tend to be pretty high during the hours prior to PW. Dont know the reason for that, but I can only guess that the Euros are trying to make the best out of the situation.;)
                            There are actually quite a few euros out sunday, it's a good day for gaming. Several in the E1st also try to meetup before pw night each sunday. And that obviously raises the gameplay extremely high :D
                            Last edited by Superfast; 02-19-2008, 04:14 AM. Reason: rephrased

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                              Short answer: Kids and work
                              Quick response: get rich and send the kids to boarding school! :D

To be realistic about the issue though, I have to bring up an issue which I might actually get in trouble for pointing out (even though it was already hinted at earlier on): we have a lack of admin support during the daytime. The admin staff is busily trying to resolve the issue, especially with the level of discomfort that some of our euro guys have expressed with the caliber of daytime (eastern time) play being so lacking. Last I heard the admins have a few candidates in mind, but they really do need the help if people are willing to step up and take the responsibility of policing the server during the prime time european hours. Hint Hint.

I think that if we had good admin coverage during the daytime-eastern hours (from 5am-5pm Eastern {GMT-5}), expanding the password night to longer hours wouldnt be a problem at all!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X