X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being kicked from squads for no voip WTF

Hi all,

Sorry about this rant, last night i joined the server hoping for a great game. I recgonised a few good players and joined the squad. When i joined i typed

"Hi sl sry no voip wife asleep will follow orders"

as i mostly do, as my wife hates me using voip. Anyway the sl decided to kick me from the squad. as it happened last night the server was not full and the other squads were newbies. After 5 minutes i gave up and left the server.

All i can say if that sort of attitude prevails it wont support the ongoing sucess of PR.

In contrast the day before I did exactly the same thing, the sl was accomadating and i ended up getting the second highest score in the round.

I know that we all have different opinions, although i believe that following orders is more important than not having voip as i always particapte in highly sucessful squads with no voip. Mine you i do believe that it is essential for the sl to use voip.

cheers aus-trooper,
    seeya on the battlefield
    seeya on the battlefield

Re: being kicked from squads for no voip WTF

austrooper - this is unfortunate. Strictly from my perspective as a SL, a player having a mic or not is no reason to kick them from the squad unless it is an armor squad where voice coms is pretty essential to be successful. For an infantry squad, I've played with plenty of guys in my squad with no mic that were darned effective, followed orders to a T and were a great asset to the squad.

Anyway, people have a misconception of what VOIP is and what it means. To me, VOIP means you have the Voice Over Internet Protocol enabled, so you have the ability to hear other players and also speak to other players. In your situation, does this mean that you have VOIP turned off completely, or just that you're not using your mic? If it is the latter, perhaps you should just type "VOIP on, no mic - will follow orders" or something similar so there is no misunderstanding.

Cheers!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Hey d1sp0sabl3H3r0,

I never thought of that distinction, thanks for that, will give it a try next time.

Cheers
      seeya on the battlefield

Comment

Only thing i don't like with people not having voip is that in the beggining i can't see what they're typing cause im just keeping an eye on the squad/map.

Comment

My mic doesn't work, but I haven't been kicked from any squad yet.

Comment

Not being able to talk is not a good enough reason at all to be kicked from a squad in my opinion. I've played with you (aus-trooper) many times, also when I was SL and you were great. You followed orders and completed them proficiently. Other players like RedBeard the Pirate and Emdek don't use mic's and a very good players. I think some people just think that players without mic's don't listen or something, very strange.

Comment

since 0.7 came out, voip has become incredibly important mainly cuz u now spot with voip. typing takes too long and u cant shoot while typing.

but IMO most squads will accept u w/o voip unless u join a VOIP INF or VOIP TMWK squad. then ur likely going to be kicked

"These things we do that others may live."
              Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
              GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

I just recently started to get into Squad leading my self-- It gets really difficult when someone joins a tank squad, and they dont have voip, when the squad is labeled TANK VOIP. All i need is typing conformation in an inf squad, and i usually make it REALLY, REALLY clear if i want someone to spawn somewhere (say it 10 times, type it in, say it again etc...) And someone doesnt spawn there, they were blatantly not paying attention or do not have the mental capacity to listen to a simple command, and that gets them a kick. I understand if its in the heat of a battle and you go down, and forget to change your spawn, but at the begging of a round? i mean com on.

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
                  I just recently started to get into Squad leading my self-- It gets really difficult when someone joins a tank squad, and they dont have voip, when the squad is labeled TANK VOIP. All i need is typing conformation in an inf squad, and i usually make it REALLY, REALLY clear if i want someone to spawn somewhere (say it 10 times, type it in, say it again etc...) And someone doesnt spawn there, they were blatantly not paying attention or do not have the mental capacity to listen to a simple command, and that gets them a kick. I understand if its in the heat of a battle and you go down, and forget to change your spawn, but at the begging of a round? i mean com on.
                  Hey pwn3ge106

I totally agree that voip is necessary in tanks, co and sl roles.
                  seeya on the battlefield

Comment

Without a mic, you have to put more effort in following orders quickly. You have todo one better then the rest of the squad, and be responsive to his orders in squad chat as much as possible.

Gahlas does this best, although he unfortunately left PR for lag, he made an artform out of this. Also great at this are emdek and sam hoy. Any of these players actually turn having no voip into an advantage, as they tend to function ust as well as the others, without ever digressing into voip spam, a pit I do tend to fall in:p.

Note that your squad cannot read what you type when you are dead!

Comment

Yes, fine if you can type fast and clearly, then type.
                      But like I said in another recent thread, a mic (w/ headset) can be had for less than $10... apparently less than $2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...set+microphone

Respectfully submitted.

|

Comment

To me, PRM isn't as "real" if you can't talk...even though you might be a very good player.
                        I don't usually think twice about kicking someone without VOIP from squad if the squad is using armor or air assets...too risky.
                        With the exception of a few players that I know are just really solid players without comms (like sam hoy & some other regulars) I will usually kick a muted player for someone else that can save my butt screaming "SQUAD LEADER, BEHIND YOU!" By the time you typed that, I'd be dead.
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                          To me, PRM isn't as "real" if you can't talk...even though you might be a very good player.
                          I don't usually think twice about kicking someone without VOIP from squad if the squad is using armor or air assets...too risky.
                          With the exception of a few players that I know are just really solid players without comms (like sam hoy & some other regulars) I will usually kick a muted player for someone else that can save my butt screaming "SQUAD LEADER, BEHIND YOU!" By the time you typed that, I'd be dead.
                          Communication is key..

Comment

Can Air or Armor squads start using Teamspeak more frequently also please?? My mic on BF2 is real low and static like but when I get on teamspeak people (from what I understand can hear and understand me), it would just help me and alot of players with mic problems..
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Honestly, in my opinion, I feel that if you are to play a game that is teamwork and communication oriented like PR, then it is your responsibility to work out whatever comms issues you have and make them work for the good of the team. Mics and headsets are cheap and sound card issues are not a big deal to figure out. There is really no reasonable excuse to be in game without a mic. If you are disturbing your sleeping family members, fine, play something else or move the PC to another room or something. The burden of making comms quick and understandable should not be placed on other members of your team or squad. If you can't communicate efficiently, you are lowering the effectiveness of your squad. Sure, you can argue that you type fast and you do fine without a mic, but think of how much better you could be doing with full comms in play. This ain't GI Joe and you ain't Snake Eyes, so people, please get a mic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X