Different version than server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different version than server?

when i try to play on any PR server, it says i have a different version. I have version 7, and i just re-installed version 7 again to make sure. Is there a patch or somthing that i missed?

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
    Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Re: Different version than server?

make sure u reinstalled hte levels thing too as well. there isnt a patch out yet afaik

"These things we do that others may live."
    Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

This stuff was working fine a few days ago. Im starting to suspect its my stupid interwebs again.
      *Fixed it. Dunno what was wrong, so i reinstalled everything*
      Last edited by squadexodus; 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Sometimes that happens in VBf2. It has said that a few times in the past but i just ignored it and it went away in like a day. never thought twice about it. Good ol' ea.
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Hmm... I just did a clean install of BF2, patched it with 1.41 and checked.

It was splendid (just tragic to see how few bf2 servers is left, and what cheating orgys there are on those left)

Now, installing th 0.708 went well, but when entering the program, all PR servers is red. Not same version it claimed... I checked the game option screen, and there was the version in clear text: "PR 0.708".

Beats me.... Anyone has have the same issue? And remember a fix?

Update: I reinstalled the PR core- and mappacks... No improvement. All servers are red (different version) while my server browser window says "PR 0.708".

I noticed all servers say "0.708b" but thers no patch "b" for a client, is it?
          "0.708b" is a serverside patch to my knowledge.
          Last edited by Zoors; 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

the b patch was serverside. The only time I had this problem was when I installed PR to a funky directory. My recommendation is to make sure you intsalled it to the default directory and it should work.

Comment

Fixed.

I just have to tell you how stupid it can be.
              I had for some reason thrown away 1.41 patch, and kept the 1.4 patch... Along with the latest PR setups... On my USB drive. :D

Btw... I am installing the whole game at a USB drive, and it works. I was a little afraid it wont, when you posted about the path problem, Ferris... :) Thanks for bothering, mate! The path I have now is "E:\EA GAMES.... etc... Just want to pass this info for those that concider doing like this. The thing is that my computer is now upgraded to better stuff, except for the HDD, that is a 9gb scsi on a 2940W/UW card. So its too small, but pretty fast. It has about 5 gigs left.
              Now, if BF2, and everything to it (except for the profile settings in the Documents directory on C:\), works on a 500 gb external USB drive, it is a lot easier to fuzz around with the installation, long as you either have a copy of the reg keys for BF, or make a new USB install for every computer you want to use (to make registry note the settings in windir).
              Only problem is that the driveletter has to fit the registry paths.

I just got a sour nVidia 7600GS from a friend, and run [email protected] HZ all video settings on high, 2x, and medium sound!
              Great google-ee-moogle-ee! (as Zappa used to say)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X