Should the TG tag be restricted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should the TG tag be restricted?

I didn't wear the tags for a few months after I became a regular here. Anyone can wear the tags, but realize that with the tags you become ambassadors of TG. If you go on a public server with them (or ours) and are rude, disrespectful and immature you are casting our image in a negative light. That is why we hold TG tagged members to much higher expectations than others.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

when i first started playing on the |TG| server, i noticed that if i joined a squad with |TG| "members" (which is what i thought they were untill i came to the website), it was almost always going to be an awesome squad. if i joined a squad of non |TG| guys it was sometimes awesome, sometimes not. so i started looking to join up with guys with the tags.

i guess my point is that you always know: anyone with the tags is going to be a team player, and you are going to have a good time squading up with them.

untill i came to the website, i didn't know it was open to anyone willing to follow the rules and sop's...but now that i know that, i still know if i squad up with TG's its going to be a good time.

ok...so re-reading my post, i'm still not sure if i made the point i was trying to :?

:)

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
        ...That is why we hold TG tagged members to much higher expectations than others.
        This is may be a key part of the problems which spur these kinds of threads. At times the strictest standards to which TG are held have been well... loose. A lot of these problems arose around locked air squads, but not strictly that. We TG players, are too soft on our own at times. It is understandable, I do it just as much, but the least we have to do is speak up.

I occasionally have to say "ok SL, I will do this, but note that I believe we are breaking the rules" to TG squadleaders. We need social control to keep this in check. If you see a TG-er doing something wrong, politely tell them you think is wrong. If it is very clearly very wrong, report them to the brass.

Most of the people I had in mind while writing this have changed their ways by now. For instance I don't think Sabre would make a squad, let it fill up, and then leave it leaderless when he can get a chopper. I don't think Turkish would tk me for fun at the end of the round. I've only added your names because I think you are fine additions to the community now, but I used to think the opposite. Most of the new TG-ers get the idea, but not always the way to get there yet. I guess that burdon is on the TG veterans.

Comment

Id like to throw my 2 cents in here as I am not very active on the forums. I hope that this is ok with everyone (the fact that I use the tag and am more of a lurker here), but I do play a more "serious" game (if that is the correct terminology) and I have recently started using the tag. I now use it to find like minded players and they likewise use it to find me. It overall has fundamentally improved my enjoyment in the game and I have no problem waiting that extra 10 minutes to get in the TG server. Id also like to add that I too thought that TG was a "clan" until just recently, and I spend some time lurking around these forums! When I found out that the tag was for those of us who enjoy being that one "awesome squad" (because we all know that every single blue guy is completely incompetent) I quickly added it to my ingame name. I would just like to send my thanks to all the people who make this community possible.
          All the best
          -Gigman

Comment

Originally posted by Gigman11 View Post
            Id like to throw my 2 cents in here as I am not very active on the forums. I hope that this is ok with everyone (the fact that I use the tag and am more of a lurker here), but I do play a more "serious" game (if that is the correct terminology) and I have recently started using the tag. I now use it to find like minded players and they likewise use it to find me. It overall has fundamentally improved my enjoyment in the game and I have no problem waiting that extra 10 minutes to get in the TG server. Id also like to add that I too thought that TG was a "clan" until just recently, and I spend some time lurking around these forums! When I found out that the tag was for those of us who enjoy being that one "awesome squad" (because we all know that every single blue guy is completely incompetent) I quickly added it to my ingame name. I would just like to send my thanks to all the people who make this community possible.
            All the best
            -Gigman
            Great to hear from you, Gigman! I know that it was definately |TG| tagged members that I had my first few really good games of PR with, I had almost lost hope with the PR mod until I found the server. I know that I thought about wearing the tags for about two weeks before I actually did, I knew that wearing them means that non-tagged players will be looking to you for leadership and teamwork and that is a little intimidating at first. All in all, the tags show that you support and will uphold the server rules and as Steiner has said before me, it becomes the responsibility of |TG| tagged players to call out the smacktards who occasionally find their way onto the server. The more mature players are the first line of defence against bad behaviour and more often that not visitors to the server will be judging it based on the actions of people they see wearing the tags.
            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
            Charge for the guns' he said:
            Into the valley of Death
              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I waited a bit before posting here; I wanted to give it some more tough. As much I think itís great to have a tag free for taking, a tag is like a flag, it is something that defines you. So when you meet someone that carrying a tag like tg you expect a few thing from him, like following the tg primer. My first point is that there is no way to regulate who stand under that tag, personally I started playing pr on tactical gamer under other name then my current one (bonec, nekron) and never putted the tag before I knew the primer and that I could respond to it. When you see a tag itís like when you observe a company name like Nike or Adidas, they are not really selling a product but they sell an idea. For example Nike sell the idea of winning at all cost. Personally I think a tg member represent a mature player who will do what is needed to accomplish the goal of the game their playing by providing their help with their team player spirit.

While reading the tg primer you can read

Tactical Gamer was founded with a few very simple principles:

1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.

2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

First of all there sometime people who doesnít represent the tag really well, they havenít really read the tag explanation. Example: the other day I was a guy I never seen before wearing the tg tag and one manning a apcÖ (yes you can report him but it also mean he doesnít understand the primer)
              Second of all point is the maturity, I will sounds bold here but, the law where I live believe that you are mature at 18 , it is not always case, and itís pretty rare you are mature before that and I remember myself not being so mature under 16 :P. What Iím just saying, it might be interesting to have an age cap.

If you want tg tag to remain public thatís one thing, there could be an augmented tg tag tho , that you are allowed only upon submission and review by admin or already acknowledge member.

Comment

Originally posted by thebonecollector View Post
                I waited a bit before posting here; I wanted to give it some more tough. As much I think itís great to have a tag free for taking, a tag is like a flag, it is something that defines you. So when you meet someone that carrying a tag like tg you expect a few thing from him, like following the tg primer. My first point is that there is no way to regulate who stand under that tag, personally I started playing pr on tactical gamer under other name then my current one (bonec, nekron) and never putted the tag before I knew the primer and that I could respond to it. When you see a tag itís like when you observe a company name like Nike or Adidas, they are not really selling a product but they sell an idea. For example Nike sell the idea of winning at all cost. Personally I think a tg member represent a mature player who will do what is needed to accomplish the goal of the game their playing by providing their help with their team player spirit.

First of all there sometime people who doesnít represent the tag really well, they havenít really read the tag explanation. Example: the other day I was a guy I never seen before wearing the tg tag and one manning a apcÖ (yes you can report him but it also mean he doesnít understand the primer)
                Second of all point is the maturity, I will sounds bold here but, the law where I live believe that you are mature at 18 , it is not always case, and itís pretty rare you are mature before that and I remember myself not being so mature under 16 :P. What Iím just saying, it might be interesting to have an age cap.

If you want tg tag to remain public thatís one thing, there could be an augmented tg tag tho , that you are allowed only upon submission and review by admin or already acknowledge member.
                While I agree with you on principle, the truth is that we just cant do it that way. The TG tag is open for a reason: we're a community, not a clan. We dont require tryouts, we dont require a evlauation period, we dont require you to do anything but follow the rules. A big part of maturity is trust. As a community of mature gamers, we extend that trust from the outset, allowing anyone who wants to the right to wear the tag. If that trust is broken, action is taken. I know for a fact that in the last week the admins have had people remove the tag from their name for bad behavior. It DOES happen.

The point is that while you're right, your also wrong bone. TG does sell an idea with the tag. The image is that we're an open, inviting community of mature gamers who opens their doors to anyone, but still expects those people to play by a higher standard. If we put prerequisites on the tag, we change that idea to mean that we're a mature community of gamers that accepts people by invite only - this being the definition of a clan, something that TG has made large efforts to stay clearly away from.

Comment

2 men can badly use an apc also, its not for certain that one person using an apc is a total waste.

Rather then argue that particular discussion, my point is that I like that the TG rules are open to thought and that is the nature of the tag also

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

well...i might be the guy 1-manning the apc (i just put the tags on the other day...so i fit the description), and if it was me i have an explanation...for what it is worth.

i was in a squad that didn't seem to be following commander orders, and wasn't much fun to be in, so after a while of trying my best to be a good squad member, i died, and left the squad. i spawned at main and saw that a squad leader that i have played with before and enjoyed squading up with had a slot available, so i took it. i was at main, so i asked if he wanted me to bring up an apc, and he said yes...so i was 1-manning it to bring it to the front, where i expected to pick up my squad. well, when i got to my squad's position, they were under heavy fire from a strong enemy force, and couldn't get to the apc. i did what i would have done in real life at that point...i jumped on the gun and tried to rescue my mates.

i know this is way off topic for the thread, but did i act in an unacceptable manner?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
                      well...i might be the guy 1-manning the apc (i just put the tags on the other day...so i fit the description), and if it was me i have an explanation...for what it is worth.

i was in a squad that didn't seem to be following commander orders, and wasn't much fun to be in, so after a while of trying my best to be a good squad member, i died, and left the squad. i spawned at main and saw that a squad leader that i have played with before and enjoyed squading up with had a slot available, so i took it. i was at main, so i asked if he wanted me to bring up an apc, and he said yes...so i was 1-manning it to bring it to the front, where i expected to pick up my squad. well, when i got to my squad's position, they were under heavy fire from a strong enemy force, and couldn't get to the apc. i did what i would have done in real life at that point...i jumped on the gun and tried to rescue my mates.

i know this is way off topic for the thread, but did i act in an unacceptable manner?
                      I can't see anything wrong with that. You informed your SL of an available vehicle and followed orders to bring it up to the squad. Finding them under heavy fire, you used the AP to try and save them. Good drills.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post

Redd - you did nothing wrong at all.

(Pardon me while I take this opportunity to try to clarify something that seems to cause quite a bit of confusion lately)

There isn't a rule, per se, that forbids one-man vehicles. While it is considered by many (and accurately so most of the time) to be a waste of an asset, it is only against the rules if a player has been directly ordered by their SL or the CO not to one-man vehicles. In this case, they are breaking the rule about following orders, not one-manning a vehicle.

There could be a bunch of reasons why a vehicle is one-manned: partner in vehicle got disconnected or CTD or removed for SM, he could be bringing it up for the squad, etc. etc. etc.

Again, it's not against the server rules.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                        |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

In Bones example, if it's when I think it was (because I was in the same squad) it was a fellow squad member who was in the apc without orders from squad leader. In that instance a report might be made about misuse of assets and warrent a kick from squad or tell the person to join armor or apc squad.

Comment

I've been playing PR for some time about mid of .5. But I always found myself in servers that were almost the exact opposite of what TG strives for, which kind of threw me off for awhile and I quit playing PR. Then sometime around the last month of .6 I figured I'd try it out again. Actually I noticed the TG in COD4 and browsed the site, then realized they've had a PR server. After seeing them in action in COD4, I knew PR would be a great foundation for their rules.

Long story short. I began playing on the TG server for some time and noticed how well the tagged people communicated amongst each other, seems like it separated the men from the boys. So it led me to my ultimate decision of throwing up the tags after observing countless fun times and at the same time a mature environment.

Comment

I wear the tags so everyone knows that i strive to play and teach the "TG way" to the best of my abilities.

Comment

If you kick someone from a squad while they are using a heavy vehicle, the game will kill them

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X