Should the TG tag be restricted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeerHunter
    started a topic Should the TG tag be restricted?

Should the TG tag be restricted?

I've been reading a couple of postings on the PRM site regarding the TG server and there are quit a number of people that think the TG tag is a clan tag, even though its pointed out over and over again that anyone can apply the tag. There are no prerequisites other than ones own willingness to comply with the TG gaming philosophy, which apparently isnít always happening.

The general perception is that TGís have privileges other pubers donít and are allowed to get away with things because itís ďtheirĒ server.

With the huge influx of players to the TG server and this popular misconception Iím wondering if the time has come to now instigate a screening process of some kind before a player is granted the privilege of wearing the TG tag on a server to ensure that those that do chose to wear the TG tag are in fact upholding the TG gaming philosophy.

• Elwenil
    replied
    Re: Should the TG tag be restricted?

X2

Leave a comment:

• disposableHero
    replied

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    honestly,

points shouldnt even be shown before the end of the round...
    WIN

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

honestly,

points shouldnt even be shown before the end of the round...

Leave a comment:

• Sabre_Tooth_Tigger
    replied

Gametracker creates a new record of score and time for your name every time you change the pretitle

Leave a comment:

• dave m
    replied

10-4^

Leave a comment:

• SamO
    replied

Originally posted by dave m View Post
    Dude you got to give it up, points mean nothin. Keep both accounts if you want.Do you even still play vbf2? But you know what since I started playin PR I haven't cared about points for one minute. The enjoyment I get out of playin PR with guys like you and 100 other guys I could probably name with and without |TG| tags far ,and I mean very far outway any amount of points on any of the bf2 accounts I have. Just food for thought.
    I'm talking about my PR-TG account, it's not the points, more than i can keep track of how much time i've actually been playing, and my server rank on Gametracker.

my Reg BF2 account doesn't matter, i havn't touched the game in ages.

Leave a comment:

• Elwenil
    replied

Agreed. On TG, points don't mean squat. It's teamwork that wins the day.

Leave a comment:

• dave m
    replied

Dude you got to give it up, points mean nothin. Keep both accounts if you want.Do you even still play vbf2? But you know what since I started playin PR I haven't cared about points for one minute. The enjoyment I get out of playin PR with guys like you and 100 other guys I could probably name with and without |TG| tags far ,and I mean very far outway any amount of points on any of the bf2 accounts I have. Just food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• SamO
    replied

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    Dirti,

Just make a new, sepperate account for pr.

|TG-IRR|Dirti or something similar.

You can keep both accounts then.
    I quite like the amount of points of gathered on this account, and it's worked out for me thus far, so i think i shall keep it as is.

Leave a comment:

• austrooper
    replied

Hi all,

I was thinking why isnt their a system where players can only wear the tg tag based upon the following:

1.Player stats
    1.Some sort of reputation system, maybe fellow players start a poll for you
    1.A test on SOP etc

Theirs my two cents.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• thebonecollector
    replied

Originally posted by google View Post
    Yes, in-game I notice that a lot of people make the mistake of using the [ and ] symbols rather than the pipe ones.
    It happen to me sometime when i switch account from [PR] to tg

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Dirti,

Just make a new, sepperate account for pr.

|TG-IRR|Dirti or something similar.

You can keep both accounts then.

Leave a comment:

• Googol
    replied

Yes, in-game I notice that a lot of people make the mistake of using the [ and ] symbols rather than the pipe ones.
    Last edited by Googol; 03-27-2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Leave a comment:

• dave m
    replied

It's |TG| those are straight lines or as some people call them pipes located right above the enter key . In order to apply the tags with the pipes you just need to make a new EA account it's easy to do only takes a minute . Something worth doing should be worth doing right.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X