using hills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using hills

people losing a lot of important kits this week (LAT, support, HAT) by running over the crest of hills onto the enemy side...getting splattered...and wondering why the squad medic can't revive them. this is just stupid game play, and I really wish people that lose important kits this way would lose their computers and thumbs in a fire. If you fireteam is on the up-slope, you need to stay on the upslope. leave the rambo crap for rambo, skuddestroyer, and people in the squad that you want to hear get yelled at by the SL.

For those of you that don't know about the glitch while on the highest point of a hill/mountain: The terrain does not render from far away, and the enemy can see you up there as if you were flying. if your squad is moving over a hill, stay off of the highest point or you are likely giving away your team's position.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: using hills

Agreed. I really wish they would render grass though. Im sick of the enemy seeing me, but me not seeing the enemy through the grass

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
    Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
      people losing a lot of important kits this week (LAT, support, HAT) by running over the crest of hills onto the enemy side...getting splattered...and wondering why the squad medic can't revive them. this is just stupid game play, and I really wish people that lose important kits this way would lose their computers and thumbs in a fire. If you fireteam is on the up-slope, you need to stay on the upslope. leave the rambo crap for rambo, skuddestroyer, and people in the squad that you want to hear get yelled at by the SL.

For those of you that don't know about the glitch while on the highest point of a hill/mountain: The terrain does not render from far away, and the enemy can see you up there as if you were flying. if your squad is moving over a hill, stay off of the highest point or you are likely giving away your team's position.
      lol yea it's fun picking off the guys laying down spinning around like a rotor trying to find where u are shooting them from

Comment

Yeah it gets annoying when you got LMGs shooting at you from everywhere and you think you're in a good spot
        sigpic
        <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Another thing is to just not run up to the top of a hill like a lot of people do then look around but get close to the top, either start crawling on your hands and knees to the point where you can see or crouch to the point where if you stand up you can look over.. This is a great way to HAT snipe tanks from afar.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Hmm, I have a crouch button and a prone button... Where's the "crawl on hands and knees" button?

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
              ...leave the rambo crap for rambo, skuddestroyer, and people in the squad that you want to hear get yelled at by the SL...
              Hahahaha! Hes going to kill you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Hahahaha! Hes going to kill you!
                He may want to, but Warehouse will see him as he crests the hill...
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Good observations Warehouse. If I play medic I keep saying to my squad on the hill to die good!
                  That means: don't lie prone-asking-for-a-headshot, don't go where I cannot revive you safely.

It is always the ones that keep dieing noob deaths that scream at you the most if you don't revive them.

I played one round in PR with Headshot where I was amazed to be highest scoring player in the game, as a medic! We were in Headshot's squad, and spent the whole round overlooking the iardrop flag on the "road to kyong... ni" map. After some time most of the teammates in the squad were learning not to die over the crest. However some individuals seemed impervious to this common sense.

After a while, I got so many revives that I was able to see some interesting patterns. The most notable one was that I was getting a lot more revives on Headshot, than I was getting on the other members. The other guys were statistically getting shot in the head and thus insta-killed a lot more times. I believe the rate was about 3 to 4 times more insta-kills suffered by most of the other members. This is simply a huge difference.

So I started watching Headshot and the others, to find out what they were doing differently. The answer: they were going going prone. Headshot was shooting from the crouched position or standing position most of the times.
                  I can see two advantages to this. For one you can go prone to take cover. If you are prone you cannot do anything. But the advantage that influenced the headshot rate, is that you expose 3 to 4 times more surface then just your head. The enemy will realistically aim for the center of your silhouette, so he can get the maximum hit-probability. Therefore you will be revivable much more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    Another thing is to just not run up to the top of a hill like a lot of people do then look around but get close to the top, either start crawling on your hands and knees to the point where you can see or crouch to the point where if you stand up you can look over.. This is a great way to HAT snipe tanks from afar.
                    I fear you are missing the point... when you are "Near" the top of the hill, "Even if you cannont see over the hill yourself" -you are visible from afar.. It looks as if you are floating in midair.. this is a rendering issue with the BF2 engine.

Comment

You shouldn't be going over the top of the hill anyways. Regardless of the terrain rendering issue, you would be silhouetting yourself against the sky...which is a big no-no. Try going around the hill about halfway up the slope.

Comment

Exactly! Use nature and heights to your advantage, not as a method to be target-practice for the other team.
                        sigpic
                        The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                          I fear you are missing the point... when you are "Near" the top of the hill, "Even if you cannont see over the hill yourself" -you are visible from afar.. It looks as if you are floating in midair.. this is a rendering issue with the BF2 engine.
                          Nah Im understandin what hes sayin but Im just puttin this in also, its just like when people sprint all over the place and then get pissed off when they sprint around the wrong corner, just lay back and check the corner before you sprint around it into a MG nest.
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X