Use of the reporting system.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of the reporting system.

Lately I have noticed inappropriate use of the reporting system from both TG and pubbies alike. For instance, "!reporting JoeSomeguy for being to 1337" or "!reporting I think the teams are stacked." or my favorite "!reporting where is <insert name here>?". While this may seem silly to you, it really irritates me when I get woken up at 2:30am because someone decided to tell me that someone is "1337". I have a program for BF2CC to alarm me when someone types "!reporting" but I am now turning it off when I go to bed because of people abusing it.

This also includes people using the reporting system when someone takes a asset. While it is a rule that a CO has the ultimate say so, you do not reserve the right to "reserve" a asset unless the CO says so. If there is no CO...take turns. I have again been woken up several times due to the fact that certain people couldn't fly the Attack chopper. Remember, the CO has the ultimate say so...not you making a locked squad.

Say to some this all up...DO NOT ABUSE THE REPORTING SYSTEM!

Thanks for listening,

Dirt
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Use of the reporting system.

Also guys, remember to double check before you report! Many times I will have someone reported to me only to find out later that the person I warned/kicked/banned was following the rules, or the teamkill wasn't intentional, etc. If you see someone in your main don't report them for base raping if they haven't done anything wrong.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Honestly, I think the only time the !reporting system should be used is if there is an immediate problem that is readily identifiable on the server, such as inappropriate language or remarks, blatant basecamping, or some other infraction that can be seen through the server logs or with an instantaneous peek at the server record. Otherwise, please make retroactive reports in the "contact an admin" forum. This method is always easier for things like UCB camping or blatant teamkilling when an admin isnt around because they can go back and review BFR records, providing solid evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        Honestly, I think the only time the !reporting system should be used is if there is an immediate problem that is readily identifiable on the server, such as inappropriate language or remarks, blatant basecamping, or some other infraction that can be seen through the server logs or with an instantaneous peek at the server record. Otherwise, please make retroactive reports in the "contact an admin" forum. This method is always easier for things like UCB camping or blatant teamkilling when an admin isnt around because they can go back and review BFR records, providing solid evidence.
        Ditto... If I see someone breaking the rules.. usually I will just wait till later and review the BFR file myself.. take some SS's illustrating the behavior and then Contact an Admin about it... Believe me, they will take care of the problem.

I understand people wanting "Instant Karma" to take place... but perhaps its best just to continue on with your squads mission instead of spending "In Game Time" trying to get justice.

Comment

!reporting : dirtboy are you awake ?

Comment

One more thing guys, please don't hop in the admin channel at 4 in the morning to say hello. We love to hear from you all, but not while we're trying to sleep :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
              One more thing guys, please don't hop in the admin channel at 4 in the morning to say hello. We love to hear from you all, but not while we're trying to sleep :).
              But.. But.. we love you Nardini, my magical friend!! :)

I personally have not seen any abuse of the reporting system myself, but if we do, would you like us to take a screenshot of it and submit it to an admin?

| |

Comment

like !reporting MarineSeaknight is abusing the reporting system ;) ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jevski View Post
                  I've seen several of those 2 day ago on operation ghost train.... it was funny!
                  Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

You guys wake up to kick/warn/ban people abusing server rules.. Some true dedication..
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Jevski View Post
                      Yup, just like that. Only, I think in this case I think it's the other way around.

| |

Comment

I should go in the admin channel to say "hello", it's only 2:10 ! Plenty of time till 4:00 ;)

Comment

To have something wake you up like this is really above and beyond in the dedication realm. Honestly I thought it banked the !reporting: messages in a queue and you guys just went back to the timestamp and checked out the BFR when you got around to it. I had no idea it was real time sort of stuff. Incredible.
                          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                            You guys wake up to kick/warn/ban people abusing server rules.. Some true dedication..
                            Respect!

Therefor I say, give these guys a 1 day ban... just for waking you up.
                            Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by thebonecollector View Post
                              !reporting : dirtboy are you awake ?
                              !REPORTING: THEBONECOLLECTOR FOR REPORTING
                              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement