Glitchy Movements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitchy Movements

Hey, i was recently re-introduced to project reality and point of existance, and it appears to have a problem. Whenever i play i get jerky(kinda glitchy) movements, for example, i request a pilot kit and get in a helo with a fellow squadmate. And the glitching becomes more erratic. It has normal or no glitch while running around, and it seems to not have been affected when i turned down the graphics to all very low. I play every other game on high graphics (BF2 vanilla, CSS, COD4) and it has never happened to me. This happened to me on my brothers computer too and his is even better than mine.

Any suggestions?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Glitchy Movements

Are you talking about the rubber-banding?

Comment

Yes i can see to call it that, is it part of the project reality mod?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Same thing happens to me, like trying to look around when driving vehicles (jeeps and light armored stuff) and when flying A 10 it starts doing that when i turn.. Heard it was caused by the FH2 mod. Did the fix thing and it still happens though,
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

What are your graphics settings on?

Comment

Well, i had graphics on high, rubber band effect, then i turned them all the way down and the same thing happened.

Comment

How much memory are you running? There might be problem with the game loading textures and graphics detail from your hard drive.

Comment

Same thing happened to me after I installed FH2.....

Big hunk of junk.....
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

it was suggested to use 2 seperate accounts: 1 for FH2 and 1 for all the other mods + BFV ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SnipingCoward View Post
                    it was suggested to use 2 seperate accounts: 1 for FH2 and 1 for all the other mods + BFV ;)
                    Works like a champ if youre not a SM. If you are, you'd have to swap PID's every time you switched between games. Your reserved slot is dependent on your PID, and each account has a unique PID.

Comment

Sounds like it's the server, and not the PC acting up. I've noticed some rubber banding from time to time as well, and I think it's safe to assume everyone else is getting it too, seeing as I usually have no problems at all playing on highest settings.

If you get it constantly there might be something wrong with your installation though, I suppose. Try another server and see if you get the same problem.
                      snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

It could also be caused by disk loading caused by not enough memory. Sure, it only takes 512 MB to play vBF2, but PR requires SIGNIFICANTLY more. If you're using less than 3gb, I recommend an upgrade.

Comment

Oh... 3gb... ya i only have 2 gigs, its good enough for every game i play except this PR, i guess i'll just stay to PoE2, since it is very easily run at high graphics and no rubber band effect at all.

edit: just played on a different server with no effect at all. Will test later.
                          Last edited by Kulmar; 02-25-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Kulmar, please keep in mind the map + amount of players will effect the memory being used. I think Al bashrah is the only map you may have memory issues with 2gb of memory.

Sounds like a connection issue to myself. Memory normally would cause jerky mouse movement. As a caveman would say jerky eyes, not jerky feet. Not sure if that helps ;)

Comment

I play PR on medium everything im pretty sure and I can play COH on high specs fine with slight laggin only when theirs a bunch of explosions going off in view at same time.

And the creating seperate accounts works but what if you already have up the account you want to have for PR and already made the mistake of using that same account on FH2?
                              Ive tried settin my controls to default (on PR) again, applied them then set them back to what i had and applied them.. Im still gettin the problem..
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X