Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun on Mestia last night (PW NIGHT)

what a great fight!!!

Although we lost, I had more fun last night on Militia team than on many password nights gone by.

For all those that attacked the munitions plant, it sure was a sight to see from our side! Barb wire everywhere, bunkers, snipers, machine guns! Disposable's squad did a great job running back and forth engaging infantry, and guys with rpg's & AA guns repelled at least 4 apc's attacks. pure madness... At one point, I was actually getting kind of scared...didn't hear anything for about 5 minutes, and then BOOM!, enemy infantry from all angles. I think I saw 5 tk's in the panic...(most of them mine!)

Good job to both sides, that was a great shootout.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Fun on Mestia last night (PW NIGHT)

Yeah, I had a great time in your squad Warehouse. It was a lot of fun with the "They're coming from the East! Now the West!" and running back and forth, lol. I surprised quite a few British troops just South of the road by Munitions and got surprised by quite a few more but it was a blast and a great end to the night for me.

Comment

Defending the munitions cp from the outside is an excellent strategy if you have more than 1 squad doing it.

We were trying to be a quick reaction force, I guess. We'd get contact reports and react. My squad was scattered east and south of munitions, tracking the British forces back to their rallies and fire bases, waiting for them to leave, then taking them down. I think that we kept them off balance and they couldn't really mount an effective assault. Of course, none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for Warehouse keeping close watch on the CP with his squad and cleaning up what got past us. I too feel that, despite the outcome, it was an enjoyable match.

Also, much credit goes to Ferris as our CO. He did a great job after stepping in after the crap hit the fan, and the end result would have been different if he were at the helm the entire round. Oh well, it was fun anyway.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Even though my squad spent half the round defending storage - which none of your team attacked - setting up 5 landrovers MGs round the entries. I had a great round aswell strangely enough.
        Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Sounds like a solid round of PR!
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Yeah, I was kinda afraid to do it too. I jumped in and militia was already down by 80 tickets. We had no bunkers, no firebases, west tower was already capped by the brits and east tower was greyed with nobody within a grid-length of it. So I jumped in the chair and started deploying assets like a madman. Out of my 4 squads, I put two on storage and two on munitions. The guys at storage were getting hosed pretty effectively and the brits were holding the flag, so I pulled the entire team back to munitions and we held it for the rest of the round.

Major credit goes to the squad leaders I had going. These guys were constantly feeding me intel and were so with it that we had literally every angle covered. If troops started coming in from one direction, there was always someone there to intercept them. These guys had their troops on the ball, ready to fend off attacks while simultaneously patrolling the area and shoveling assets. It really was an amazing defense. By maintaining our defense on one flag, we managed to halt all of their progress and cut their ticket lead in half.

Definitely one of the best small-ish games I've ever played (started off with 44 players, ended with 28).

Comment

great job defending munitions last night. I was on brits in pattersons squad we attacked munitions once got wiped out in like 20 secs, then we tried again and go wiped out again. So we devised a new tactic, we ran up to munitions got 5 kills and ran away! We did this over and over throughout the whole game, we just couldn't get a foothold. Great job to charity case's squad, you guys tried and tried, great effort.

Comment

Oh...my...god, the militia defense at munitions was completely impenetrable. My squad tried every angle of attack and was beaten back again and again. Couple that with constant harassment from what was probably disposable's squad and you have a recipe for frustration. I think my squad was completely wiped out four to five times during the round. There was one time in particular where my squad advanced up that little valley south of munitions and was slaughtered so quickly by AA and grenades that we immediately dubbed it "death valley." And then there were the times where we would try to flank around to munitions by way of the northern ridge, only to be given away by some sniper who was, apparently, in direct communication with the gunner of the AA emplacement. Still, it was a fun round for me. And major props to my squadies; Belhade, dcrum, MagnusStorm, ecleptic, and someone who's name starts with an "S" (sorry if I misspelled, I'm doing this off the top of my head).

Comment

Should have known it was you guys hanging around out there. Curse whoever is in the AA too. Patterson got us to do hit and runs on you guys. "5 kills and then we pull out, count them out as you kill em" he said. We managed to blow your firebase, but that one grenadier nailed most of the squad. Fun none-the-less. Our Commander wasn't too bright though, but we won through attrition.

Comment

I was running in Disposibles squad and it was pretty crazy. Our whole team was defending Munitions at the end.
                    |TG-X|Portable.Cougar was another SL on the malitia side and we were in constant communication through TS trying to locate and kill rallies.
                    I couldn't believe when I saw the firebase up at the hunting shack. How on earth did a CO truck get close enough?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      I was running in Disposibles squad and it was pretty crazy. Our whole team was defending Munitions at the end.
                      |TG-X|Portable.Cougar was another SL on the malitia side and we were in constant communication through TS trying to locate and kill rallies.
                      I couldn't believe when I saw the firebase up at the hunting shack. How on earth did a CO truck get close enough?
                      Ya I was in |TG-X|Portable.Cougar's squad, we were hunting rallies like mad! Great game(s) guys, you gotta love passnights!

-Gigman

Comment

Oh man...Charity...that damn AA emplacement! Whoever was manning that must have gotten about a hundred cumulative kills! East up the north ridge, along the road, west up the back road...we couldn't get near the flag until the last half hour or so! How you managed to get there, all alone, is beyond me...I tried to come join you but got killed near the entrance.

Ferris, mad props to the defense you had going. After the scrum at East Tower (which you probably missed) we figured we'd got them on the run but Munitions was like the Rock of Gibraltar...crash, crash, crash!
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

That was Warehouse manning the AA emplacement on the top of Munitions.

Comment

My personal victory was manning the AA while a Smitar rolled up. I pounded him, our APC punded him, he got hit by light AT and I'm almost sure that none of us got hit by him.
                            Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 02-26-2008, 09:14 AM.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

That Skimmytar (what were you calling it Charity?) was a hilarious point of contention. It was just sitting around the base, no one was using it, so a pair decide to try and take out the AA. They cruised right on through. "Ignore everything, the AA is our only priority!" "Don't stop till we blow that AA!" "Oh man the AA is pounding us!" "Holy crap there's an APC shooting us!" "What just hit us?!" *BOOM*
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X