Qinling's Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qinling's Jets

Has anyone else had a problem with the British and Chinese jets on Qinling? I am not even able to take off because the joystick is stuck. (as a figure of speech) the movement I have is so limited all I can do is just crash into the trees. Is this a known bug or am i just screwed?

(also, the pitch control in the jets on Kashan seems fairly limited, although It is still plenty enough to take off, land and fight. even on kashan I have to pull down the mouse like 20 times just to complete a loop. Increasing the sensitivity doesn't help either. it makes it more touchy but not more maneuverable.)
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: Qinling's Jets

They are a complete bear to fly. The EF is significantly better than the J-10 though. For the J-10 you have to make sure you're backed up way into the yellow lines on the runway in order to take off and just barely clear the trees. The EF can actually take off straight from the taxiway with no problem. So no, you're not screwed, this is just how tough those planes are. You literally have to be pulling up from the time you start rolling down the runway until after you've cleared the trees.

Comment

The EF can actually take off straight from the taxiway with no problem.

you can do the same whit the j10
      |TG-X|cola88

|
      |

Comment

I've never seen anyone take off from the taxiway with the J-10. Not saying it cant be done, but nardini certainly gave it his best shot for several tries when we were practicing for the Qinling scrim.

Comment

http://www.wegame.com/watch/J_10/
          |TG-X|cola88

|
          |

Comment

Ah, well that is proof then. The big difference, and what can make or break the chinese air superiority in the first couple minutes is that the EF can take off from the spot where it first turns onto the taxiway. The J-10 still has to back all the way to one end.

Comment

Yep but sometime you can be lucky lol

http://www.wegame.com/watch/j_10_again/
              |TG-X|cola88

|
              |

Comment

Wow, talk about a close call. Good flying there cola!

Comment

nice flying cola

does any1 else have trouble with the j10 on take off with it being incredibly wobbly
                  I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

I did it once and had no problems at all, no choppiness either? Weird.
                    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Taking off is never my problem. It seems that when i come to land from about 650-800 area (kinda wide area) I find that when just about on the runway its really hard to keep the nose up. Even using the arrow key instead of the mouse. I just press and hold the arrow key and it still just nose dives. Even after people telling me the perfect speed, height w/e it is. I still smack into the concrete or clip the barbed wire.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

You need to use the afterburners, that way you get to the 650 mark much faster. Don't try to take off before that mark. Also, if you are pushing forward on the joystick (or it's not well calibrated) it as a "break" effect ... this is pretty useful when you try to land. Finaly, pratice with the training maps... jets spawn each 10 seconds!

(http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post911156)

Cheers,
                        Nix

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                          Taking off is never my problem. It seems that when i come to land from about 650-800 area (kinda wide area) I find that when just about on the runway its really hard to keep the nose up. Even using the arrow key instead of the mouse. I just press and hold the arrow key and it still just nose dives. Even after people telling me the perfect speed, height w/e it is. I still smack into the concrete or clip the barbed wire.
                          I think this is the best way to land. http://www.wegame.com/watch/j_10_landing/
                          |TG-X|cola88

|
                          |

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            I've never seen anyone take off from the taxiway with the J-10. Not saying it cant be done, but nardini certainly gave it his best shot for several tries when we were practicing for the Qinling scrim.
                            the brits have the advantage, without a doubt, taking off from the taxi way is possible however u have to be facing east? i believe, (whichever way is the exit on the chinese base) and u have to be backed up until you feel the tires teetering off of the edge. once its warmed up, or almost warmed up, i hit the up button so the % goes up, and then i stop, and go up again etc, i do this for about 2-3, then the engine will be good to go.....

The J-10 is so much different than the one in vanilla, I use the keyboard and am learning to use the mouse (hence why you have only probably seen me fly on a practice round) but it is manuverable especially when you have to drop altitude quickly.

however that being said, the chinese are at a disadvantage in the air, especially in the first few minutes, however, that can be combated with 2 quick crewman getting in the aa, or 2 people getting in the stingers at the chinese main.

*the choppiness might also be, due to someone flying the merlin, i have heard reports that, it is a conflict with the animation and contributes to the lag...basically in the opening minutes the chinese air support is hindered, also if someone gets in the merlin, the brits can also be hindered, however the EF will probably be bombing the runway by this point*
                            Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 02-26-2008, 11:28 AM.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

smooth cola, smooth :p
                              Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X