Kashan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashan

Just a thought here guys but kashan seems to be killing the server during the UK/GMT daytime. The map goes on for ever and it seems to bring the worst out in our new players with all the fighting and squabbling over assets. I am one of quite a few regulars who now log off when this map comes on.

I do appreciate that our pilots and armour fans love the map and it can be fun when you have a good commander and a co-ordinated team but at the moment it seems to cause more problems than it's worth. I dn't know what the solution is as it wouldn't be fair to take it out of rotation but the situation does need looking at. Over the last few days it has often led to people logging off its been that bad. We have a lot of new players joining the server at the moment, particularly European and non US based ones and I would hate a bad 3 hour round of Kashan to be their first experience on TG.

Any one got any ideas.

Re: Kashan

I am basically in agreement with this. At the "wrong time", so to speak - it will have a very negative impact on the population.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
      I would hate a bad 3 hour round of Kashan to be their first experience on TG.
      Your right... some round of Kashan during day time (North America) are not funny to play at all... I think the reason for this is that there is not enough good Squad Leader to take charges of the Infantry squad. There is to many squad with different assets assigned while the infantry squad are like: one 4-6 man squad and one or two more with 3-4players....

My main idea is to wait until the next patch... hopefully with a TONS of new/better map!!!
      Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

You know this is irony. I had the very same argument about Battle for Quiling not too long ago and yet I find myself on the flip side of the coin on this one. Some of my best games and rounds have been on Kashan both 64 player and 32 player. I have to be honest though, I do enjoy the 32 player version slightly more simply because there is less argument over planes because there "aren't" any planes on the 32 player version, only a couple of attack choppers.

However unlike Quiling, it is very easy to see which team has the more experienced tank crews. The beginning of the end can be seen in the first 30 minutes of a game when it's one sided. Hell I know how most the game is going to shape up within the first 15 minutes depending on my usual route of things. Same can be said about Al Kufrah Oilfield. Tank crews are the number one reason one side wins or loses.

So yea I see both sides of this. I know the map is horrible when you have a bad team. But I also know the map is wonderful, exciting, action packed and rewarding when you have two good teams going after each other. I almost kind of wish the 64 player version had one attack chopper per side in addition to the two plane assets. Just for some extra punch and really make those Mobile AA extremely important, not to mention infantry AA.

So long story short (aren't I periphrastic) I want to keep Kashan.
        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I don't seem to find any problems when i play Kashan, most of the time i will start the JET squad and wait for people to ask for invite and then we take turns flying...

But i do agree on the fact without good squad leaders the map could be annoying for some players (same with all maps, its just kashan is so large that it has more impact). This could be fixed with just a simple guy flying a transport helo, without risking the helo's life (not going too far in hot zones). But also, there are (correct me if im wrong) 4 trucks and not to mention APCs Tanks AA................ If people can't use the vehicles properly then their team will struggle, so imo the more organised team wins, its their fault if they can't organise simple transport, sorry.

Comment

Depends on who you play with, like Qinling. I Prefer 32 player Kashan though buts thats just me

Comment

I think everyone has played a few shocking rounds on it but I dont really play during the day as you have found. It can often depend whether you are on the side giving or taking the kicking ;)

Personally its my favorite map....

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
                I think everyone has played a few shocking rounds on it but I dont really play during the day as you have found. It can often depend whether you are on the side giving or taking the kicking ;)

Personally its my favorite map....
                It's my favorite map too... when all the team is coordinated and with a assigned squad role which happens only 1/40 times.
                Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Does the Server Restart every day at the same time, thereby putting the maps at basicly the same time every day??? If that is the case, Maybe it is time to change the MAPLIST order..I find myself playing the same maps all the time as well... How hard would it be to change the order of the maps every week or two... Variety is the Spice of Life !!

Comment

EXACTLY Pancho. For the last 2 weeks every time i log on it's Fools Road and I just want to log off.
                    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                      Does the Server Restart every day at the same time, thereby putting the maps at basicly the same time every day??? If that is the case, Maybe it is time to change the MAPLIST order..I find myself playing the same maps all the time as well... How hard would it be to change the order of the maps every week or two... Variety is the Spice of Life !!
                      It has certainly seemed this way to me, I know that i have only played EJOD, Qwai, Kashan and Fools road in the past 2 weeks and while i love these maps i would love to play some new maps and learn some new strategies.

I have also only ever played Kashan as USMC but i guess thats a little more under my control than the map list :P

Comment

I like Kashan, it's a nice map but can suck if you join after the round has started. It can be hard to find a good, co-ordinated squad to join outside of PW nights as all the good ones are full.
                        I also like it as many people leave when it starts, allowing me to get a place on the server! (hoping to become an SM soon...)
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The main problem with kashan it can become a quagmire and the map stalls with nobody winning or losing.

If losing a flag cost 50 tickets or something like that the game might be more quickly decided & keenly contested.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I have to admit I generally logout when Kashan comes up for play. Once per map rotation is ok, but twice (as it is at the moment) is probably a bit much for my liking.

Comment

Kashan is a huge map, it's not meant to be short. I fully expect the scrim on kashan to take a good 2-3 hours.

I know exactly where Wickens is coming from though. I've done a little daytime play, but not too much. The standard of play is a bit lower than the night games we have, because we simply have more US-based players than european players, making for a larger regular base of people who know what they're doing. Kashan does tend to get rough with a much larger smacktard population. Perhaps having a dual rotation for the server, one for daytime play, one for night play, and a restart at say 5PM and Midnight-1AM eastern to swap between the two rotations.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X