Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Bomb Question??? dumb Hud question??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Bomb Question??? dumb Hud question??

So Ive really only had the pleasure to fly the jets on quinling so far. Theyre quite enjoyable but im kinda lost on the dumb bombs. Ive searched far and wide for info on their use and arming. Ive dropped them from low alt (200-300) like in vanilla bf2 with no visible explosion. guessing they may be like the laser guided bombs ive dropped them at a 60degree down attitude at an alt of about 600. still no visible explosion.. does anyone know the proper arming and/or flight requirements to deploy them. Accuracy i can figure out, just need them to explode. Also, how lethal are they??

Finally my other issue is the hud. is there any humanly possible way to darken the hud on the jets so you can actually read the alt and speed. I understand the sunlight effect and such and while not having any professional jet expeirence, the other jet sims ive played have a hud dim feature. its just hard to get a decent landing without being able to see your speed and the same for weapons and flying in the clouds while being unable to see your altitude..

needless i like the realism they do present on the few games i do fly them, just having some problems with them is all.. any info or feedback is appreciated.

thanks

Re: Dumb Bomb Question??? dumb Hud question??

im by no means an expert but i *think* the bombs need a laser designated target painted via soflam or the CO cas marker

Comment

We've got two other threads on this which can be found here:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tructions.html
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...as-system.html
      All of the answers you're looking for are probably in there.

Comment

The vehicle hud colour or shade cannot be altered in game afaik

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

go as high as you can, then start a dive bomb run you can't drop bombs low like in vanilla, also the hud in the j-10 is brighter than the EF, and sometimes its tricky, but those threads ferris posted should answer all your problems,
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

thanks for the info... so the bombs in quinling are actually the gps version. i ve heard the laser guided had a lock or something possibly. if thats the case then its only the pilot "me" thats the dummy, not the bomb. I cant remember the name of the bomb in the hud, though it was an MK series, but since i can see the hud too well on my retina burning LCD its hard to see.. thank you for all the info so far.. ill be on tonight trying to get some explosions hopefully..

im assuming they gave the bombs a lil extra kick??

Comment

after a bit deeper reading i did indeed discover they are the gps/laser guided bombs... thanks for the links ferris and for your other guys comments... now if there was only a way to fix the hud, even a raw data readout would be nice.

thanks all

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X