Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i give 2142 another shot???

Hi all,

When 2142 came out I went and purchased it eagerly. After about 2 weeks I gave up. Not long after that I discovered PR and havenít looked back.

Is it just my imiganation or is it a pretty lame game. Just wanted to get some opinions before I go to the trouble of reinstalling it.

I have the feeling that after PR nothing will ever come close. I wonder if Battlefield 3 will change this?

Cheers
    seeya on the battlefield

Re: Should i give 2142 another shot???

I've never played it (besides the demo) but I'd give our server a shot. We have a 2142 server that uses many of the same rules and regulations that our PR server does, and I'm sure it would be a great change of pace from PR every once in a while :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

cheers
      seeya on the battlefield

Comment

There are alot of 2142 fans out there... I havnt played it in along time, but I used to enjoy it..

As far as BF3 is concerned.. Im sure it will be cool, but until the DEV's have made a Tactical Mod out of it, I cant imagine myself playing much of it.

Comment

I have 2142 installed but I ralrely play it. It's a nice game, but even the TG server is sometimes infested with noobs, especially outside of the hours when American TG'ers would be on, so it's harder for us Euro's, or Aussies like you...
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

If I were you, try and hook up with the 3rd guys. They treated me really good and will teach you alot!
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Anyone played the Star Wars mod for it?
              snǝɹʎɥ⊥

Comment

Originally posted by Thyreus View Post
                Actually the Star Wars mod for 2142 (First Strike) is quite good, better than the official Battlefront star wars line. Only problem is that there aren't enough people playing it to have a decent game.

I played a few rounds of 2142 last week, but got annoyed when the back flags started to get capped. I much prefer the AAS type of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Thyreus View Post
                  sure, First Strike is awesome, i like the light show it can bring - good maps too + especially cool for StarWars-freaks

btw: i use there 2 links to check if there are populated servers of this mod: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...s=&game=bf2142
                  http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...s=&game=bf2142 (better read closely to make sure listed servers are FS servers/check map name)

Comment

I have the FS mod, but I don't play it much. Too much back flag taking, and not enough maps or players. Hopefully when the new version comes out there will be more players playing FS.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by austrooper View Post
                      Hi all,

When 2142 came out I went and purchased it eagerly. After about 2 weeks I gave up. Not long after that I discovered PR and havenít looked back.
                      I did pretty much the same thing. But after PR, I discovered ArmA ;)

Comment

No. Never look back. Burn all bridges. Only move forward.

|
                        |

Comment

*Swinging pendulum in front of face*
                          You will never return to the future of fictional warfare, you shall forever remain here with us. Muahahahaha. Muahahahaha.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X