Question Spwn Camp vs UCB Sunset City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Spwn Camp vs UCB Sunset City

I have a question regarding Spawn Camping the PLA Main Base on the Sunset City map.

On the South Side of the Bridge leading From the PLA Main Base there are a set of Stairs next to this Bridge on the left side of it as one leaves the PLA Main Base. This distance from the PLA main to this location is approx. 256 meters. In the event there are two flags left that have not been capped by the USA forces for example, the PLA Main and the Apartments..... my question is ARE USA forces allowed to be located at the top of these stairs, it is location D6 on the map about the center of D6, .. Are USA forces allowed to be located at the top of these stairs in this situation and engage infantry leaving the PLA Main when the China infantry are say 20 to 30 meters from these stairs.

I used the word China because when one presses the TAB key it reads China. I have read BF2 Rules & Guidlines - did not see anything in there that thouroughly answered my question.

I have read Standard Operating Procedures and all of its links. - did not see anything in there that thouroughly answered my question.

I have read Spawn Camping - vs - UCB Assaults (Clarification) - did not see anything in there that thouroughly answered my question.

In other words please don't post me a link to these areas. It is my opinion from my interpretaion of the documentaion regarding this .. that this WOULD NOT be allowed; however, I was hoping to get a legitimate answer rather than relying on my own assumptions.

The Squad I was in discussed things like they are not allowed to shoot at us if we are 200 meters or less from the PLA map ,,, in this situation (2 flags left) "we are allowed to wave at them and they cannot shoot us" , "If we shoot at them they can engage us"

There was discussion that there is a specific distance from all main bases that infantry can engage us at and that distance is 200 meters or more from main .. IS there actually a specific distince ? I don't think there is.

one last thing the person shooting at us was not an engy trying to blow stuff up he was waiting in ambush about 256 meters or less - when he was up on the hill there - and then shooting us as we got close to our side of the bridge.

Re: Question Spwn Camp vs UCB Sunset City

I would wait until you cross the river. There is no set distance, but if you feel that you are to close you probably are. Just the other day the US CO got an anti-air gun on top of the building overlooking our main. The gunner waited until we were just about over the bridge before opening fire, and that was fine in my book.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

two flags left that have not been capped by the USA forces for example, the PLA Main and the Apartments.
      A screenshot would help clarify this thread but in general I dont like attacks on traffic travelling to their first flag from the ucb unless the enemy actually has a valid interest (aas capture) in that first flag then its all bets off

The most obvious example of this is fools road, uk main base ---> village. Even on that map if miltia are able to cap village then the bridge is fair game, same for this PLA main base imo and sunset is biased (initally) to pla anyway

On zatar this would mean that early on in the game, MEC may have some trouble leaving their main base as usmc attempt to capture farm. But MEC have the advantage anyway so cant complain really imo

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Ok Thanks for the replies glad I wasn't around when the AA was opening up .... yeah I'll get the screen shot thing going good idea or may use my Digital camera and take a picture of my monitor .. lol

Comment

Personally, I try to wait to engage enemies on the bridge...not because it is related to the uncap, but because they have no where to go and it is a good choke point.

As to the uncap in question, I think as soon as you leave your fenced in main base you should be on the lookout for enemy threats. However, I don't think USA players should be on the Chinese side of the bridge until apartments flag is taken. As pre-emptive as this seems, if the USA team is winning the map that much, they certainly don't need to be pressing the China main flag at that point in the game.
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

As soon as an enemy touches or crosses that water I open fire. The River in my book is neutral territory and is a killing zone in this situation. If they are on top of the bank obviously shooting at me, I'm going to shoot at them. Otherwise I wait till they make a move towards the water and then open up.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Warehouse your analysis of this situation regarding this map is in my opinion the most Brilliant thing to do and reveals an instinctive tactical squad leader/commander ability that you have which benifits significantly the team that you are on and in regards to the way I do business I would basically do the same thing .. attacking apartments and or securing a flank as another squad or squads attack apartments because how many times have we both witnessed that "the map is won" only to see - because of carelessnes - the enemy come and take most all of the flags back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X