AA Guns ruining the game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Guns ruining the game.

I'd like to raise a query about AA guns being used on infantry. If I remember rightly from what I have read the use of Anti-Aircraft guns was prohibited against infantry by the rules of land warfare/geneva convention during WWII. I am not certain about this but I'm think I read it somewhere. Now I am not saying they weren't used as I believe the book I read mentioned that they were.

My point is that they are now used by everyone for almost exclusively that purpose and I personally feel that it's ruining the game a bit on some maps. People rush to a flag to build a firebase and put down one sometimes two AA's and just tear up troops. I'd be interested in other peoples thoughts on this as personally I'd like to see it stop. I play infantry most of the time and its horrendous coming under fire from those things, the volume, range and accuracy is devastating.

Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of this, I can't imagine this is what the devs intended.

I don't have a solution other than perhaps altering the elevation so that they can only fire at an angle of 30 degress upwards or something (someone sugested this to me in game but I can't remember who).

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd be interested to hear.

Re: AA Guns ruining the game.

They were used in Vietnam against infantry but realistically I highly doubt they would be anymore, aa guns are meant for aa duties and shouldn't be used against infantry, realistically it would be a lot cheaper and easier to just setup an MG emplacement than an AA gun.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Well, I thing the AA gun is a gun that should be utilized. It is very powerful and can be quiet frustrating at times.
      I think i took out a tank with an AA gun once

Comment

The devs should make it so that it can only aim at the sky, and not parallel with the ground.

Comment

I talked to Fuzzhead a while ago and he said that they are being removed and replaced with MANPADS in the next patch.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

manpads?
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

No more Star Wars laser guns.

Yes, Fuzzhead said they are going to be removed for missile launchers instead for exactly the reason Wickens sites - they are not being used for their intended purpose. They may also be adding deployable TOWS to the mix, which will make things a lot more interesting. Now if they could get the sandbag walls with mounted MGs on them, we'd be in business.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I really enjoy using the AA guns. When placed correctly they can do alot of damage. But they are also extremely weak. A .50 cal can take them out in 2 seconds. They are indeed used for infantry as well. I cannot get into exact details, but lets just say that the Vulcan's are placed in "strategic" locations here in Korea.
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  Now if they could get the sandbag walls with mounted MGs on them, we'd be in business.
                  I would love to see this as an option to help better defend flags against infantry. I think one of the practical reasons for the AA usage against infantry is there is no other option to help defend captured flags besides manpower and vehicles w/ mounted guns. Maybe if they had two types of sandbags that you could deploy, MG bags and regular sand bags.

Comment

Or not even sandbags, just a little pillbox with a mounted MG on the inside of it would do nicely.
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

The reason those couldn't be put in, was because once the sandbag died, the MG emplacement stayed floating.

Comment

Would it be possible for them to make the MGs have health bars then? I think in BFV and 1942 the mounted MGs had hp on them so you could destroy the entire thing and it would respawn 2 minutes later or w\e.. Same thing possible with BF2 but so they dont respawn or anything?
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

You could also put vehicles into helicopters in BFV and 1942...but this is BF2.

Comment

Yea and im understandin that but would their be a way to just lock down a fixed turret with HP or you could possibly create the sandbox/pillbox/whatever in whatever way it would be a vehicle to the system but make it so it cant move and its resistant to bullets on one side (LATs would still damage it alot, HATs would take it out, as HATs do to regular fixed posistions). (Sorry if your not followin, early in the morning, my heads tired.)

Comment

AA guns help the infantry locate the enemy firebases/bunkers ..... as one moves across the map suddenly they are vaporized by AA and they now know a bunker/firebase is near ... lol At least now it takes 2 dedicated engineers to fix them expending a lot of there time doing it - I was glad of this addition .. Also, it seems once they are down they don't get repaired very often. Whats frustrating are the times when you inform teammates that an aa is up - you take out the infantry on it and say to your squad ok its clear you can take it out with the LAT or grenade the area and cover the eginy as he moves up to destroy it but what actually happens is the squad just continues to hide and then after about 15 seconds or so an enemy spawns back in and gets on the aa again..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X