Need Advice: new GAMING MOUSE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: new GAMING MOUSE.

While this post might belong in the hardware section of the forums, I'd like to hear from PR players what mice are the best ones on the market in the $50-$99 range. It must have on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment (7-9 buttons).

I have found 4 mice that I really like:

*Microsoft HABU - best "feel" to it, Loved the 2 side thumb buttons, but lacks the Sensitivity on-the-fly feature.

*Razor LACHESIS ($80)- can't find a store with a demo to feel, but I felt the Razor "deathadder" and it felt very similar to the HABU. This lachesis looks to be a little bit larger in size, but same shape. Probably my leading vote at this point, but I hear about software/driver conflicts. Anyone have a LACHESIS ???
    (LINK1: Death Adder: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153007 )
    (LINK2: Lachesis: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153017 )

*Logitech G9 - I didn't find it as comfortable as the Habu and Razor mice. Love the buttons on the thumb/side & it has good scroll wheel. Not sure how well the on-the-fly buttons work under your left click index finger. Anyone care to comment on that???
    *I found this for $44 on Amazon after $10 rebate, so this might be my choice over the Lachesis. I have never seen a new Razor mouse go on sale.
    (LINK: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...&s=electronics )

*Logitech G5 - I loved the feel to this mouse and the MX-518, but I want something newer. I think the HABU was more comfortable but very very close vote.

*Microsoft SIDEWINDER - hated the feel. felt like a brick with a mouse cord.

Late Entry: Wolfking Trooper ($30) http://www.xoxide.com/wolfking-troop...ing-mouse.html
    (LINK: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2203047,00.asp ) >review
    -nice looking and inexpensive...don't know anyone that has ever used it.)
    Last edited by w.WAREHOUSE; 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Need Advice: new GAMING MOUSE.

I swear by my G5. Even now I'm looking for the older Setpoint software because the newest version I downloaded when I reinstalled Windows seems to be giving me issues - it won't recognize the scroll wheel left/right movements in game.

I don't know about any of the other mice you listed, but I'd recommend against anything that's cordless for gaming. Most people go "Well you obviously have to keep your batteries fully charged at all times so it's not a problem" but I've had a pilot crash a fully loaded Blackhawk because his mouse died at the most inopportune moment.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

What a good timing i was about to start a thread myself, my g5 is pissing me off badly atm, i'm loosing connection sometime like a few second , it happend once an hour i would say.
      I had this mouse for 1 years but now i'm getting sick of it. Before my g5 i had
      a mx-500 witch the left button is a bit damage :P. I want sometime more reliable

I was looking into the

Razer Copperhead Anarchy Red 2000DPI 7 Button Optical Mouse USB or another g5

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ustomerReviews

on the side note what i really enjoy atm from the g5 is being able to switch my sensitivity in two click in pr that way when i enter a tank i put it to the maximum it's more effective as a gunner

Comment

MX-518

All buttons are configurable. My bottom thumb button is my push to talk in all games, my top thumb button is my CAPS LOCK for PR squad stuff.

I love it.
        Skud

Comment

I've got a razer diamondback and love it, but heres a tip for you, razer's are more for people that palm the mouse (stick their entire hand onto the mouse) while logis are more for people who just rest their finger tips on the mouse. Depends really on how you hold the mouse, from there you can select a mouse much easier.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

G5 here... just got a newer one that has 2 thumb buttons intead of the previous 1.. dont like the goofy blue and black crackle paint job, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
              I've got a razer diamondback and love it, but heres a tip for you, razer's are more for people that palm the mouse (stick their entire hand onto the mouse) while logis are more for people who just rest their finger tips on the mouse. Depends really on how you hold the mouse, from there you can select a mouse much easier.
              I think I am a "palmer"
              and while I love the 518 and G5, I think they are "old school" in relation to these newer mice with high DPI's and features like "rapid fire".
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                I swear by my G5. it won't recognize the scroll wheel left/right movements in game.
                If you find these Drivers PLEASE PLEASE send me a pm.. ive never had these buttons work in game and would be thrilled if they did...

Comment

Even now I'm looking for the older Setpoint software

Maybe here ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I swear by my Logitech Mx Revolution.

As for setpoint, make sure you also have uberoptions:
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...-included.html

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                      If you find these Drivers PLEASE PLEASE send me a pm.. ive never had these buttons work in game and would be thrilled if they did...
                      I found it on filehippo.com, 3.15 is the closest I could find to the one I got with the mouse and it does work like it used to. The only problem I now have, which is the same problem I had before, is that my left-scroll button (PgUp) gets triggered when I use the scroll button (middle button, reload) so every time I reload my rifle I give an acknowledge.
                      |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

I found it on filehippo.com, 3.15 is the closest I could find to the one I got with the mouse and it does work like it used to. The only problem I now have, which is the same problem I had before, is that my left-scroll button (PgUp) gets triggered when I use the scroll button (middle button, reload) so every time I reload my rifle I give an acknowledge.
                        Possibly just bind the acknowledge to another key??

Comment

death adder...

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                          Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

well Ive been having issues with the setpoint software for a while.. and I tried to DL the 3.15 version and install it but it dosent take..

I have been getting this error for a long time and still get it

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                              Possibly just bind the acknowledge to another key??
                              Well it will still trigger both, so I'm fine with just leaving it on something relatively harmless.
                              |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X