Next Version...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Version...

Can anybody here give us a insider tip on when the next patch will be coming out or whats taking them so long??

Everytime I check up on PR I expect their to be a new version since they said the new version was gonna be released in February. No BS answers please..
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Next Version...

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
    Can anybody here give us a insider tip on when the next patch will be coming out or whats taking them so long??

Everytime I check up on PR I expect their to be a new version since they said the new version was gonna be released in February. No BS answers please..
    Sorry but I think my answer is bs... and is an answer that most of the dev would reply you :

When it's done!
    Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

probably within the month, somewhere between april and may .8 should come out.

Comment

I doubt april or may for 0.8 Q4 is more likely for it, they haven't even released the promised 1.1 yet...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Figure out whats wrong with basra, I bet thats the hold up or has that been covered allready anyone know

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

As a tester, I just have to say: you either are going to like it, or you are not ;)

As for the release date, should be "soon".

Comment

On the PR Dev forums they show us updates, in the past month they have given us three updates to show they are making progress. They do in fact realize how much the community is chomping at the bit to see this next patch. All the answers to this question I have seen directly from the Devs come in two parts, "When it's done. Which hopefully will be soon." or "We are putting the finishing touches on it and testing some things out.". Given these two answers I can say that there is no expected release date for the patch. I don't think it has even been tested by an internal Beta group yet. My hopeful answer is April however beware of the April 1st Fools Day hoax that will absolutely be done.
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I'd doubt that I'd ever hate a new release of PR.. Its never happened to me before anyway, I figure its the way the community wants it and it is PROJECT REALITY.. reality extra emphasized.. So deal with it and learn to love it.
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

From what iam hearing its going to be late March and early April. Anyone know whats in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    I'd doubt that I'd ever hate a new release of PR.. Its never happened to me before anyway, I figure its the way the community wants it and it is PROJECT REALITY.. reality extra emphasized.. So deal with it and learn to love it.
                    I don't know if I could stand rifle accuracy being further nerfed or the Medic's job being made more difficult..

Comment

Originally posted by LtSoucy View Post
                      From what iam hearing its going to be late March and early April. Anyone know whats in it?
                      That 's just the patch, 0.8 won't be anytime soon.

All I know is what 's official and what 's in the dev forum:

Question: What can we expect in the new patch?
                      Answer: It's basically just bugfixes and gameplay fixes. There are lots of things that will be changed greatly improving the gameplay.

Question: When 0.8 rolls around will there be more open area combat or urban city combat?
                      Answer: v0.8 will have a large focus on maps, and yes there will be plenty more urban city combat.

Question: Have you found a solution for the M14 inaccuracy?
                      Answer: Yes, all DM/Sniper rifles have had their accuracy/deviation fixed.

Question: Are you planning on making more buildings where players can garrison troops? Are you planning on making more destructible buildings?
                      Answer: As far as enterable buildings...I have it from a good source (me) that there will be alot alot alot of enterable buildings in the next release.. One map in particular will have nearly a 100 percent enterable buildings.. players should be able to hide anywhere their little hearts desire..

As for destructibles. we have a fixed limit of 1024 objects which can contain network information per each level in bf2, so that is our fixed limit.
                      Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
                      I don't know if I could stand rifle accuracy being further nerfed or the Medic's job being made more difficult..
                      If all weapons start shooting like the G3, I know I 'm done with it.
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

One of the Devs specifically stated a few more details on gameplay fixes.

1. Fixing the deviation of the USMC Marksman and Sniper rifles.
                        2. Fixing the recoil of the G3 to a more suitable level.
                        3. Doing something with the Ammo Bags and the ability to reload from them infinitely.
                        4. Giving Commanders the ability to destroy Command Assets on their Command screen or something like that. So you don't have to force them to be destroyed by players with C4 in order to build them elsewhere.
                        5. Something about fixing or attempting to fix the Merlin helicopter.
                        6. Tweaks to the Jets, not sure what they are though.

I'm sure there are other things. I'm just commenting on those that I can remember from reading through the volumes of PR Forum traffic.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Ha the merlin. That thing was a lag trap for me. Was not so much now, i dont have a wicked awesome computer like Ferris but i never ever lag in the merlin anymore. neva eva.
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
                            In the next patch, you won't be worrying about accuracy as much as s- .... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMAC View Post
                              In the next patch, you won't be worrying about accuracy as much as s- .... ;)
                              you ass.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X