TG's PR server IP blocked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's PR server IP blocked?

Having strange issues every now and then when playing on your PR server.

Once in a while, usually late afternoon and into the evening, I'll be playing on your server for a long time and then I suddenly get dropped with "connection problems". I get booted back to the Multiplayer screen, and when I refresh servers, the TG server doesn't show up anymore, and it wont come back, no matter how many times I refresh. This is all knowing the server is still up, as teammates are happily still playing.

Then I go check here on Game Monitor: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...er&type=server and the PR server is listed, active, and functional. I take the server's IP: [64.34.161.157] and try to ping it, but it simply will not work.

At the moment I am trying to reach all sides of my internet connection, seeing if it is my modem/router, ISP (on the phone atm), and wondering if any server-side techs/admins of TG can help me figure this out. If it is on your host's side, I am wondering if you can check if it is blocking my IP: [should be able to see my IP via forum admin], or if it is doing anything else strange.

BTW, once I get 'blocked' I cannot play on the server for like 8 hours or so... or I just wait till the next day and it is ok. However, yesterday it happened, couldn't connect, connected fine midday today, and now I am disconnected again. :(

Please help.

Re: TG's PR server IP blocked?

Your not a supporting member, mabye you got kicked for a sm?

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
    Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Although you didn't mention in your post, have you tried connecting manually by entering 64.34.161.157 ?

Comment

Originally posted by squadexodus View Post
        Your not a supporting member, mabye you got kicked for a sm?
        lol no, it's not that. Unless, if you kick people for supporting members and block their IP for 8-10 hours? I don't think that would be the case...

Originally posted by xcannon69 View Post
        Although you didn't mention in your post, have you tried connecting manually by entering 64.34.161.157 ?
        Yeah forget to mention, I try that, doesn't even connect. If I can't ping the IP, it pretty much doesn't exist in BF2 :(

Comment

I guess that means that no CAS for us :(

Comment

Originally posted by Tweaky View Post
            lol no, it's not that. Unless, if you kick people for supporting members and block their IP for 8-10 hours? I don't think that would be the case...

Yeah forget to mention, I try that, doesn't even connect. If I can't ping the IP, it pretty much doesn't exist in BF2 :(
            Have you ping'd the server IP (64.34.161.157) through the command prompt? Does it time out or do you get a response? Run a tracert as well, see what that gives you.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
              Run a tracert as well, see what that gives you.
              That 's the best advice you can get. Open a command prompt and type 'tracert 64.34.161.157' ... see where it times out, that 's where your problem will be :).
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

check your security settings, maybe the program you use or the firewall blocks it as a harmful IP. I use a program that I check every so often to make sure that the IP is in the safe IP list.

I had a similiar thing when i used to use a firewall protector called BLACK ICE, one day in my bf2 days i accidently blocked an IP from a server and had to shut it off everytime i went on to that server.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  Have you ping'd the server IP (64.34.161.157) through the command prompt? Does it time out or do you get a response? Run a tracert as well, see what that gives you.
                  If ping doesn't work, tracert wont work. So there is not point in trying that.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  check your security settings, maybe the program you use or the firewall blocks it as a harmful IP. I use a program that I check every so often to make sure that the IP is in the safe IP list.

I had a similar thing when i used to use a firewall protector called BLACK ICE, one day in my bf2 days i accidentally blocked an IP from a server and had to shut it off everytime i went on to that server.
                  Nothing is really blocked on my end, and I don't use problematic firewall software. I can only narrow it down now to what was aforementioned in the first post.

Anyways... I was on the phone with my ISP, and after they started fixing things over the phone, I was able to connect to TG's server, and was playing last night. However, I am not convinced they fixed anything because all they were doing was taking down info which wouldn't be related in anyway to just having an IP blocked. I am supposed to get a call today from them to do a little more over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweaky View Post
                    If ping doesn't work, tracert wont work. So there is not point in trying that.
                    Sure there is... tracert will show you WHERE it goes wrong... ping only tells you if you can get to the IP or not. If tracert doesn't get past the first hop, you 'll know it 's on your end. If the replies stop somewhere on a router in between, then that 's where the problem will be and tracert will show you.
                    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X