Can't play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play

has anyone ever had this error before? if so do ypu have the solution, re-installing bf2 and pb doesnt work and neither does pbsetup... 2142 wont work either, i get the same error message.

Re: Can't play

maybe go to punkbuster.com and install an update? or close down the program completely and then re-log in and try.....
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Have you installed antivirus, changed permissions on files, done any firewall changes or messed with the PB-install manually? This problem is usually related to PB not communicating properly.

Comment

Did you play with misconfig and forget to check pba and pn b in the startup boxes.

Comment

ok guys ive sent a ticket to pb, i have not done anything to the files, i simply went on pr today and it happend, if worst comes toworst i will do a total ininstall of bf2, 1942 and 2142 and then delete all pb files ad folders and stuff, but this will take ages so if anyone has a better solution i could really use it?

I doubt the uninstall thing will work so u may never see me again if worst comesto worst :(

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
            I doubt the uninstall thing will work so u may never see me again if worst comesto worst :(
            Don't talk like that... have you not heard of Murphy and his law?
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Try this, should fix the problem right away

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Comment

I'm pretty sure he has already used pbsvc, when he talks about reinstalling pb.
                | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                Charge for the guns' he said:
                Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                  ok guys ive sent a ticket to pb, i have not done anything to the files,...
                  it does to me

Comment

ok, i just got the disk off my m8 to re-install but he's broke it, so ive ordered a new 1, i think i fixed pb tho so i shud be back on within the week p.s. any1 in my team for skrim i will be on for the next pracitce

Comment

Um maybe before you bought a new copy even though its like 5 bucks, you should have gone further into solving it. I have that same error message probably once every two weeks.

its says pnkbster.exe, so i always manually go into the evenbalance and swap out some old files with the new ones and presto! Actually a new update came out like a week ago. There may have been another.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

No, the nature of the problem was different for Ollie, I spoke with him at school today and his problems are totally different to the usual 'punkbuster fails to update/loses packets/loses sec file'.
                        | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                        Charge for the guns' he said:
                        Into the valley of Death
                          Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by jOHNNYdOUBE View Post
                          Did you play with misconfig and forget to check pba and pn b in the startup boxes.
                          I vote for this one...

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                          Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

hope you get it running again soon Ollie...always good to squad-up with you.

Comment

guys none of those suggestions work, i have had lodas of experience with pb problems, pbsvc and all that, even manual uninstall and deleting registry keys doesnt work, but i think i have fixed it now, thanks for the suggestions anyway

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X