13th MEU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th MEU

Well, I decided to join a clan after not learning my lesson with my first clan. I joined 13th MEU 2 days ago, went to one drill, then left. I'm not a clan kinda guy I guess. Now, I'm not saying they're bad or anything, I've played with them and they're very respectable but its just to serious. I went to one drill, they wanted me to change my name (NOOOOOO!) that was the first straw, the made us line up on a wall in ascending rank order, stand at "attention" (not moving, zoomed in, no comm chatter), attempt attack and defend missions on 7 gates with 7 people, and clear open areas with flashbangs. I wasn't feeling it.

The lesson to my experience is, THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR |TG|. I am with TG always and forever, and when I get the chance to support I most certainly will.

I love you all!

Re: 13th MEU

13th MEU is a great group of guys.

What makes you assume that IHS' don't do similar things?
    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
      13th MEU is a great group of guys.

What makes you assume that IHS' don't do similar things?

I can tell you that most TG IHS are not like that. The most respected IHS here at TG were probably some of the most relaxed TG squads. A lot of the old school squads like the 12th, 33rd and the 7th were pretty lax but get them into a scrim and watch out. Now there have been some more structured squads in the past like the 1st MIP. That is why it is important to know what each inhouse squads style of play is and their requirements of being in that squad are.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Smack View Post
        Well, I decided to join a clan after not learning my lesson with my first clan. I joined 13th MEU 2 days ago, went to one drill, then left. I'm not a clan kinda guy I guess. Now, I'm not saying they're bad or anything, I've played with them and they're very respectable but its just to serious. I went to one drill, they wanted me to change my name (NOOOOOO!) that was the first straw, the made us line up on a wall in ascending rank order, stand at "attention" (not moving, zoomed in, no comm chatter), attempt attack and defend missions on 7 gates with 7 people, and clear open areas with flashbangs. I wasn't feeling it.

The lesson to my experience is, THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR |TG|. I am with TG always and forever, and when I get the chance to support I most certainly will.

I love you all!
        one question how old are you.

don't ask what a community can do for you but what you can do for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Smack View Post

I love you all!

Tee Eff Twenty-One ;) J/k! lol! Drills are silly, as they never work to well in-game. Only practice, I think, is playing the game.

Comment

That's nothing! In our squad all must kneel before me. And we have daily offerings to our great mentor Chuck......

Comment

Was thinking of joining 13thMEU a while back, but once they started pressuring me into joining and explaining that they do drills and get just a little too serious about strategy, that is where it all falls apart for me. You seriously have to be as dumb as Elmer Fudd to be told to do firing squad drills which are staged. Out in the real battlefield online, it is a whole 'nother experience you need to learn. Play with teams/clans/groups/squads that actively practice in mass-player games like on TG's server, it is the only way you will get better, and be more comfortable with PR.

I joined TF21, and there is no such clan-like requirements at all. We don't practice, do drills, or have 'ranks'... pff. All are smart and mature individuals, and play at a level I like to match. 13thMEU just seemed like too much commitment the more I looked at it, and I hardly see all of them online anyways, so perhaps they aren't as devoted to PR either.

TG has lots of sub divisions, that would work for you I guess.

Comment

Thats one of the things i love about TG. Being a huge community offers the benefit of having players who play in about every style imaginable. We certainly have our share of super-hardcore tactical players, but we also have people who like to do things like run a 5 vehicle convoy through a gauntlet of enemy AT just to see if they can survive! Once you find your niche, theres always people to group up with. The beauty of it is that you dont have to wear the tag to be a part of that either. Theres no boundaries, which is why I think a lot of people like the place.

But yeah, as far as the drills thing goes, I can understand having drills and such if you're a hardcore competition team, but the whole standing in rank order at "attention" thing is a bit much. I'd probably get kicked out because my mouse hand is also my smoking hand and I tend to twitch the mouse when I move it to take a drag. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tweaky View Post
                  Was thinking of joining 13thMEU a while back, but once they started pressuring me into joining and explaining that they do drills and get just a little too serious about strategy, that is where it all falls apart for me. You seriously have to be as dumb as Elmer Fudd to be told to do firing squad drills which are staged. Out in the real battlefield online, it is a whole 'nother experience you need to learn. Play with teams/clans/groups/squads that actively practice in mass-player games like on TG's server, it is the only way you will get better, and be more comfortable with PR.

I joined TF21, and there is no such clan-like requirements at all. We don't practice, do drills, or have 'ranks'... pff. All are smart and mature individuals, and play at a level I like to match. 13thMEU just seemed like too much commitment the more I looked at it, and I hardly see all of them online anyways, so perhaps they aren't as devoted to PR either.

TG has lots of sub divisions, that would work for you I guess.
                  Exactly. The point of my post wasn't meant to demote the 13th MEU.I meant to promote TG and stated that when I get a chance to become a supporting member I most certainly will.

And, bonecollector, I'm 17 : )

Comment

Originally posted by thebonecollector View Post
                    one question how old are you.

don't ask what a community can do for you but what you can do for them.
                    Joining a clan such as the 13th MEU is a two way process, they are doing something for you or there would be no point in joining them. Finding that you don't enjoy the way they operate is a perfectly reasonable excuse to leave, better than sticking around and being miserable due to some misplaced notion of service.
                    | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                    Charge for the guns' he said:
                    Into the valley of Death
                      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I just was provoking someone to try and explain what the 6th do.

To be honest, all of us have missed every single practice that we've scheduled..

Heh.
                      Skud

Comment

Wait, we have practices!?!?!

Honestly, you just need to find out what fits you best. Some enjoy hard-core realism like the 1st-MIP and the 13th MEU, while others are casual. I like to think of the 6th as casual unless we need to be serious, in which case watch out :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                          I just was provoking someone to try and explain what the 6th do.

To be honest, all of us have missed every single practice that we've scheduled..

Heh.
                          I hear ya Skud! Same thing with the E1st
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse