Kashan 16 > EJOD 16!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashan 16 > EJOD 16!

Thanks for putting up Kashan 16 on the map rotation! I tried it out for the first time last night.. it's much more PR'y than EJOD 16 for sure.

If Kashan were the only 16 player map on the server I wouldn't complain :D

Lord of the Mangoes
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Re: Kashan 16 > EJOD 16!

qwai 16 is also good. Neither draw in players after a reboot as quickly as ejod does, it seems

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
      qwai 16 is also good. Neither draw in players after a reboot as quickly as ejod does, it seems
      give it time, remember the chinese weapons are as accurate as the USMC. Plus it adds a nice country/rustic feel, all we need is some deer having a taste of water on the edge of the river and "BAM!!!!" we can shoot them and have a cookout.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I have to say I absolutely loved the Qwai 16 map. It was a wonderful change to desert geography and also the fighting between all the buildings, ditches and stuff was very nice. Also it's a pretty good practice for the infantry fighting that happens in those buildings during the Qwai 64 player map. So it's good all around.

I like EJOD 16 and Kashan 16 equally.
        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I am happy to see EJOD 16 gone as the starter map....
          sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say again how much I love the new Kashan 16 >=D. When you get infantry spread out into huge maps like this, they're forced to place themselves strategically, use cover, and move tactically >=). If they don't, they're easily picked off.

Yesterday night's passworded Kashan 16 was aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwweeeeeeesome! We had two squads working in concert, communicating in teamspeak when required. It was a blast!

Thanks again for putting this map up :).

Lord of the Mangoes
            In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
            In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

What's Qinling 16 like? it looks interesting, with the electricity pylons and the village...
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I can honestly say that I prefer the 64 version. People can bitch and fuss about armor this and aircraft that in the 64 version, but quite honestly, it's a lot more fun to me and a hell of a lot less spammy when some of those infantry guys are in a vehicle somewhere else. It seems that if there are more then 4 full squads in one place it leads to a bunch of spawn, die, repeat scenarios and a lot of just BS tactics. I'll take a nice controlled battle anyday over the general chaos of the 16 player version.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having Qwai or Qinling as a start up map, since the spam nade fest would be less....kashan 16 is some good fun though, and last night proved, i had a such a fun time defending North Village as the USMC patterson, you had us on our toes the whole time, being sneaky from your FB, and then moving in with the vodnik, there were several times players in my squad hit the mouse button for the LAT and then were taken down miliseconds before....i only wish those humvees that came through vilalge stopped and let us use one, or even helped us out a bit more, but its ok, our rally was never comprimised and we fought to the end, thanks to mcgann as well for stepping up to command.

EJOD 16 would be good if u couldn't use the Sand dunes, that the USMC are allowed to, and if it was a bit wider, maybe tonight we could recommend to try Qwai 16 out....could prove to be some fun.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                    What's Qinling 16 like? it looks interesting, with the electricity pylons and the village...
                    We played that on a password night I think it was and I dont recommend it really. Fools road 16 was ok. Kashan was good in the scrim but I prefer the old 16 sized one, this new one is just another layout option

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the kashan 16 map last night. It was fun to grab an abandoned vodnik, drive it across all the barriers by the bunkers, park it on top of an enemy bunker and open fire. Those blasted americans figured out my strategy pretty quickly though so me and 2 other guys operated the mi8 delivery company. We flew in formations over the enemy and tried to see how low we could fly over their firebase without getting shot down. Once again, the americans caught on and brought out a stinger...
                      I think the tanks can be really fun sometimes but sometimes it is also nice to just goof around see what you can do as infantry on a massive map. The open space for MEC trying to capture North Village is particularly hard to cross. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                        kashan 16 is some good fun though, and last night proved, i had a such a fun time defending North Village as the USMC patterson, you had us on our toes the whole time, being sneaky from your FB, and then moving in with the vodnik, there were several times players in my squad hit the mouse button for the LAT and then were taken down miliseconds before....i only wish those humvees that came through vilalge stopped and let us use one, or even helped us out a bit more, but its ok, our rally was never comprimised and we fought to the end, thanks to mcgann as well for stepping up to command.
                        Heh, sorry, we were actually around North Bunker almost the entire time, along with being in the ruins NW of North Vill.

Comment

Kashan 16 around 3pm-4pm EST yesterday was AWESOME!!! Jumped into Monk's squad, went medic and it was the BEST battle for north village (I think that is the flag name) that I have ever had!!!! AWESOME is the only way to explain that battle! Then monk got switched to the other team :( BUT, Wickens joined the squad, went medic for us (thanks bud! no one else would go medic :( )and I SL and we kicked ass getting those middle flags!

Comment

Yes, Kashan 16 is fun as infantry do not live in constant fear of some random tank/AA popping up to murder everyone. However I still like Kashan 64 alot.

Comment

I am afraid I cannot express the same enthusiasm for Kashan 16 that the rest of you seem to. I find the map horribly slow and ill suited for it's purpose. I am not saying that it is a "bad" map, per se, only that it is not a good map for the first map in rotation. Here is why...

1. The first map in rotation should be something that draws players back in when the server crashes / resets. I played today during prime time hours and after a reset it took 15 minutes just to get to 20 on 20, nevermind a full game.

2. The first map on rotation should be a quick match, intended only to get the players on the server and warmed up so that everyone is ready for the next game to begin with a full roster. With Kashan 16 this problem is compounded by problem #1. Fewer players means Kashan 16 can take 2+ hours to complete.

3. With respect to Kashan 16 specifically I would argue that while there is nothing wrong with infantry focused maps, I disagree strongly with the idea of taking a map which was designed precisely and specifically to showcase the vehicles of PR (remember the launch of 0.6 anyone?) and play it in a format that does not utilize any of these features. Note: I realize TG didn't make the map, I'm not slamming anyone from TG with this.

With all of that said, if Kashan 16 were confined to just the bunker complex as it shows in the loading screen, I think it would make a wonderful starting map. And regardless of that I think it can be an entertaining map in its own rite. The bottom line is this, now matter how good Kashan 16 is, its is not a good choice for the first map in rotation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X