Discussion of 2 maps in the rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion of 2 maps in the rotation

I like both these maps. I have just noticed that they may not be very well balanced or have some off kilter play.

I offer my comments to see if others feel the same way:

Zatar Wetlands:

I was playing Zatar Wetlands yesterday and it seemed to me (as it does every time I play this map) that the Farm was central to maintaining control of the defense for the MEC. It was also clear to me that US forces needed to take it early and eventually at all costs to take the map. Farm seems to be too central to the entire map, as it is a large map with many initial objectives. A redistribution of assets or limitation on spawn points could give this map new / better life on PR.

EJOD Desert:

This is a good map, donít get me wrong. I have just noticed lately that the MEC has little or no wins (at least when I play). The US side has superior weapons and often (for me always) pushes the MEC back to base and then the slaughter begins. I was wondering if others think the map could use some modifications to make either the spawn points different or the mix of weapons to make the MEC have more of a fighting chance.
    sigpic

Re: Discussion of 2 maps in the rotation

Both contain the Mec and therefore the G3 standard service rifle so as soon as that is fixed or altered the balance of play will alter.
    Hard to comment before then but zatar is a great map and individual in many respects but I fear it may be gone too soon. I agree, farm is important because you can control traffic from the main legitimately as soon as you have it.
    Attack that and airfield at the same time and you have a half decent attack strategy

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Actually I have yet played a Zatar Wetlands that I didn't think for the US that the Airfield, Village duo and then Factory and Natural Gas Station weren't the most important CPs. Central Hill while nice, is a bonus to control the air but taking out their AA and/or bunker if one is placed is probably the most important thing to do there. It's not something that needs to be defended too hard though. A quick pass from time to time is usually enough. I've personally always thought that Farm was a complete waste of time unless it's the last CP to capture. I think the USMC loses more resources concentrating on Farm than it's worth.

As for the MEC keeping farm I say don't worry about it. Going through Farm is not the only way into the field. Just blow up any bunkers or firebases in that area and continue onward. If a squad or sometimes even two squads want to keep Farm then let them waste their fire power there while you take the rest of the map. Airfield, Village and Central Hill in my eyes are the key points in keeping the US at the beach. So on the opposite side of the coin, Central Hill is important to the MEC for strategic reasons, mainly Air coverage. Once you secure those spots tight then you go to Farm and push in that way. With strategic placement of AA and tight defense on the roads the US is trapped.

In short way too much emphasis is placed on Farm. Just because it's there, strategically it's not needed. Although it's a very nice place to kill USMC as they come in since they always do and they keep trying. As a tank crew with an APC backup we racked up over 36 kills before just defending Farm. Not because it was needed but because the USMC team at the time were idiots and kept attempting to take it. So we were happy to keep killing them and taking away their tickets. If a MEC and USMC team is of the same caliber and skill with equally skilled commanders, the USMC is at a disadvantage as the map summary tells you. It's supposed to be hard for the USMC. That's kind of the point of the story background.

EJOD is actually very balanced I believe. About the only thing different is the MEC infantry weapons. The rest is perfect in my eyes.
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

MEC has the ability to win, especially if you use tanks correctly. On the 16p version, yeah MEC is bound to lose :(

EJOD has been worked on for the next patch, just wait.

Comment

Its not about MEC keeping the farm so they can get out... its more about keeping the US out. If the US take farm and hold it, say in a fashion similar to what Kilroy suggested for the MEC (ie., a squad backed with and APC or tank) the MEC is doomed. They're going to be owned as they come out of main in their MEC vehicles. If the US makes it into farm whatever the method, MEC is screwed. Thats why farm is so important IMO.

And we are all waiting for the G3 to get back to what it once was.

|

Comment

USMC had a completely AWESOME win on Zatar last night. Was a bloodbath.

G3 will be corrected in the patch.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
              USMC had a completely AWESOME win on Zatar last night. Was a bloodbath.

G3 will be corrected in the patch.
              Did they take farm early Skud ? Just wondering

|

Comment

Took natural gas first then farm yea at the same time airfield and village got capped then it was downhill for Mec. They held onto their hq and they got their tanks but it was too late for them.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Nat Gas first like Sabre said. Farm was contested, but over run
                  Skud

Comment

Zataar Wetlands: I would rather Wet my pants than play this map. It is still a bit more bearable now with .7, playing out more like a king-of-the-hill type of game than a typical AAS. Sure would love to see it with the A10's back in play with enough room to fly though.

EJOD, like skuddestroyer, goes both ways. I've seen MEC push the US team back just as many times as US has pushed MEC back. The deciding factor in just about every blow-out game I have seen: which team rushes the front line flag usually wins. USA rushing into gardens and holds it = game over. MEC team rushes into ruins and holds it = game over. Assuming the ARMOR squads don't do something stupid.
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

In the beginning its about what maps the US can take before the counter attack begins.

Once the US takes a flag in the beginning the MEC cannot take it back.

So is farm a map to take? yes, is it essential towards the US winning, not so much.

The two important flags for the US are Landing Site's 1 and 2, then and only then can the US move forward to try and take the other flags. And also search and destroy and firebases that the MEC has set up. That is why Communication and Coordination are so important in the first ten minutes for the United States.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

It will certanly be interesting to see how the patch changes both of these maps. I do like Zatar being in the rotation though, as it is good once and awhile to break up the other maps.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X