Tg Pr Wtf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tg Pr Wtf?

Honestly, I have to say that I am becoming increasingly frustrated by PR and the incompetent idiots that invade our server. I played two rounds tonight, a partial round of EJOD where everyone seemed to be joining and trying to get on the USMC team, there were 33 on the USMC team and only 30 on the MEC team. It was near the end of the round and was the usual rout at MEC Main and the usual SL quitting and swapping was going on. Luckily that didn't last long.

Next map was Kashan and I went MEC again because as usual, everyone was trying to get on the USMC team. This didn't seem to be the normal team swapping to play with members of your IHS, but just a general migration. After the round start we lost the CO and then the usual chaos followed, people taking CO just long enough to plop down their own assets and through the usual frustration, SL quitting and swapping, I ended up SL of our squad. Ok, fine, I'll give it a go. The main thing that irritated me was I noticed two USMC APCs that were one-manned, a MEC tank and APC that were one-manned and several instances of bunny hopping and just screwing off and not helping the team in general.

These people need to be kicked, plain and simple. I am very big on educating people but when they flat out refuse to follow orders or just ignore the needs of the team, they need to be kicked, no questions asked, in my opinion. Naturally we had no Admins on the server at the time. There seems to be a decided lack of Admins on the PR Server lately. I know we can get on TS and call one down but by the time they load up the game, everyone has moved on and it's hard for us to ID the people causing the problems if they are on the opposite team anyway. There needs to be a definite and decisive Admin presence on the server to let these people know that this foolishness will not be tolerated. The "!Reporting" doesn't do a lot of good if they are not regulars to the server and when people get away with doing whatever they want and no one gets kicked or punished for it immediately, it gives other fools the idea that they can do it also and it's no big deal.

The TG server is quickly becoming like any other public server and even password nights are getting ridiculous. It's time for TG players to man the hell up and take the Primer and SOP seriously and call out those on the server who are screwing off and not following the TG way. There are too many players wearing the TG tag and other regulars that should damn well know better doing things that they know are wrong because there is no accountability for it. This crap has got to stop. We have all been complaining about it, but to be perfectly honest, only the Admins have the ability to do anything about it. Yes, we can !report and post in the Admin forum but again, we can't always tell who the player is to report them and again a kick or ban a week after the infraction seems a little weak and doesn't send the message to others on the server at the time of the infraction who may be thinking about some foolishness themselves.

As you might have guessed, I'm more than a little pissed about this situation and the general decline in the quality of play in the PR Server since about 2 weeks after the 0.7 patch came out. I know no one wants to babysit the server just to catch these fools but maybe it would be worth it to do it for a few weeks, had out bans left and right until the word gets out that the BS won't be tolerated. Frankly, I pay my $9 a month to play on a server that has the rules in place and where everyone follows them and I'm definitely not getting my money's worth at the moment.

Re: Tg Pr Wtf?

same here, not because we are in the same IHS. I had pretty much the same experience on Kashan and was looking for an Admin everywhere, without any luck.

Saturday and Sunday are the only nights I can play right now and I have to put up with this.......ahh, whatever

Comment

Yeah, I've been noticing myself it's become more like regular servers, I've gone to battle arena and have surprisingly noticed almost no difference, sometimes the BA server is actually better than the TG server. The people breaking rules need to get a flat out ban, I remember the first couple times I played on TG, was banned then came to the forums to get an un-ban, I then acted like a smack when someone got the chopper I wanted and was banned again, after that I noticed how much I missed the server and have been a good player ever since. People need to be taught a lesson, ban them and then unban them when they come to get unbanned, let them get banned again then unban, maybe 4 bans at the most before they get a perm ban that never gets lifted but the server needs to become strict again. Back when I got banned I never received a kick, just a ban ASAP, now it's more like: "That guy just tked me for a tank", *kicked, *player comes back, *tks again, *kicked again, *player comes back again, *tks yet again, "WTF, the guy tked me again!", "!REPORTING: insert report here", *admin is afk, *admin comes back 20 mins after incident, "player reports the tk from 20 mins ago", *2 other people confirm, *admin does nothing

When an admin does something like this it is ridiculous, the first tk should be a ban, not a kick over and over again.
      Now, I'm not trying to flame the admins but they really need to be much more strict and a lot harsher.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Sorry guys, admin coverage has been a bit spotty lately due to real life issues with most of us. If you run into problems take a screenshot and pm it to us, or just send me an xfire and I'll look into it.

Regarding teamswitching, it is getting out of hand. I find it increasingly obnoxious when the same groups of people switch round after round to be on the side with the better guns, or to fly their helo's, and you know who you are. I know many times I've talked with fellow squad mates about switching sides because everyone flops over to ours, it needs to stop...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
          Yeah, I've been noticing myself it's become more like regular servers, I've gone to battle arena and have surprisingly noticed almost no difference, sometimes the BA server is actually better than the TG server. The people breaking rules need to get a flat out ban, I remember the first couple times I played on TG, was banned then came to the forums to get an un-ban, I then acted like a smack when someone got the chopper I wanted and was banned again, after that I noticed how much I missed the server and have been a good player ever since. People need to be taught a lesson, ban them and then unban them when they come to get unbanned, let them get banned again then unban, maybe 4 bans at the most before they get a perm ban that never gets lifted but the server needs to become strict again. Back when I got banned I never received a kick, just a ban ASAP, now it's more like: "That guy just tked me for a tank", *kicked, *player comes back, *tks again, *kicked again, *player comes back again, *tks yet again, "WTF, the guy tked me again!", "!REPORTING: insert report here", *admin is afk, *admin comes back 20 mins after incident, "player reports the tk from 20 mins ago", *2 other people confirm, *admin does nothing

When an admin does something like this it is ridiculous, the first tk should be a ban, not a kick over and over again.
          Now, I'm not trying to flame the admins but they really need to be much more strict and a lot harsher.
          I've personally toned down my banhammer because of the increase of complaints against our handling of situations. Either we ban outright and piss people off, or don't ban outright and piss people off. Judging by this thread I'm going to dish out some more punishment to offenders. Also guys, please realize that with the imminent patch release we will be seeing a great influx of newer players who are used to the pub-play we don't tolerate. Just hang in there, and the admins will try our best to monitor the server and keep the smacktards out.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Maybe get more admins in different timezones, who you can trust and also people who don't have their own agendas, or superiority complexes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
              Maybe get more admins in different timezones, who you can trust and also people who don't have their own agendas, or superiority complexes.
              Trust me, we're trying. We've already contacted a few about the position, but they have either turned it down or we're waiting to hear back from them. You will hopefully be seeing one, if not two new admins in the near future.

Comment

Good to hear. Also, please don't take this as harsh criticism of the Admin staff. You guys do a great job, but we all have RL issues and that is totally understandable. There simply isn't enough of you at times. Although I would have to say you could be a little more heavy handed, in my honest opinion. I'd volunteer my services as an Admin, but I think it's obvious that I would soon become Evil Nazi Admin #1. But that might not be a bad thing in the long run. Just find some Admins with a low tolerance for foolishness similar to mine, lol.

Comment

I have been extremely busy with the testing of the upcoming patch! I also leave Korea in a week and have been swamped with RL issues. As soon as I get settled back into the states, things will settle back to normal. Like Nardini said, we are working the issue of bringing new admins.
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

what about a 24-hour kick? not a permaban but still harsh enough to make the sillies think about what they have done.

Haikus are easy.
                    But sometimes they don't make sense.
                    Refrigerator.

Comment

This server has more admin presence then most and even in the past TG never had as much attention as it does now. PR is a very picky game for rules tbh

The difference now is it really sucks when the team isnt playing properly. The spawning etc is less easy so stuff you could ignore and just say 'idiots' and carry on, now it actually effects you which is very frustrating
                      Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 03-16-2008, 02:24 AM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I would be much happier if SLs just listened to my requests as commander.
                        Number one reason people don't take the commander position. Why do it when no one wants to listen to you? Even if you are helping the team, when I as the commander have to drive out to a location, place a bunker, suicide, come back as an engineer, drive back out to the location and then build a bunker MYSELF, what the **** is the team doing to help?

That's my biggest and greatest aggravation. Lack of following orders and both pubbers and solid regulars including |TG| SLs that are doing this. Some of these regs I play with all the time in their squads and yet when I'm commander they rarely listen and follow orders because they want to do what they want to do and/or think they're action is better.

Why would anyone want to be commander under these conditions? I sure hope this issue gets better quickly because as we have it right now a commander is a rare commodity. To alienate those who take the position even more is to ensure we never have a commander ever.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Yea, this has actually been a big reason of why I bought ArmA in the first place.. PR community within the last 3 monthes has just entirely lost alot of value in my opinion... Theirs alot more teamkilling, wasting of assets and people that just dont understand that PR isnt vanilla...
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                            Either we ban outright and piss people off, or don't ban outright and piss people off.
                            You havent pissed me off yet. :) Well, that i can remember, I get easily pissed off by that big green text...

As for the whole server thing, We should do somthing. Although, i dont know what. Mabye hand out cookies for the nice people?

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                            Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Well, is it not up to ourselves to help our Admins without actually having to call on them. We, the members and tag-bearers of TG, need to step out; lead the way; and start calling these people out on the server and during gameplay. If someone misbehave or violate the rules on the server, dont let it slide - tell them. It is "our" server, and it is our responsibility to help it maintain its high and reknowned quality. We can not always look for our admins to police it when we spot something. If someone on your team misbehave, send a message to that person trough the team-chat. If he/she continue or start to argue - bring it into the public chat and make a fool of the offender i.e. public embarresment. Given that most people function in certain ways so can that we just as effective as an admin coming to kick/ban a person.

What do you guys say? How about if we step up and help our admins out? Remember that the TG-tag come with being held to a different standard than others. We are not only to promote the TG-values, but also to keep the TG-server along the lines with the Tactical Gamer community.
                              sigpic
                              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...