.75 Changes and Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .75 Changes and Tips

First, I would just like to say thank you to the PR devs for this excellent patch. I'm really enjoying it after having played all last night.

Now then, there are tons of changes in .75, and many of them aren't listed in the change log. Here are the few things I've figured out. And feel free to jump in with whatever you got.
    • Increased Weapon Deviation: CQB just got tougher for scope users because hip-shot deviation has increased. Also, the automatic rifles are no longer the ultimate spray and pray weapon since their deviation has increased significantly. And watch out while throwing grenades; there is added deviation when throwing on the move (that includes jumping).
    • Slugshot Shotgun: The engineer now has a shotgun as his secondary weapon. This shotgun is meant for breaching doors (aka the plywood paneling in doors and fences) in one or two shots. And since the shotty now occupies the second slot (key 2), mines have been moved to key 9.
    • Ammo Caches: As you probably know, jeeps and APCs can deploy ammo caches by right clicking while in the drivers seat. What you probably don't know is that APCs can deploy two ammo caches instead of the jeep's one.
    • Vehicle Smoke Screens: Gunners now deploy smoke instead of drivers. To pop a smoke screen, gunners need to select it by pressing key 3 and then left click. This smoke screen is directional and will be deployed in whatever direction the gunner is looking. Be careful because you only have two smoke screens and it takes a while for the smoke to build up. Also the smoke launcher takes about 20 seconds to reload, and you have to have it selected for it to do so (I think some vehicles can reload the smoke launcher while they have their cannon selected). Tanks have a firing delay after switching from their smoke launcher to their cannon.
    • APC Buffs: APC gunners can now switch ammo types without a delay. So you can engage vehicles with armor piercing one second and kill infantry with high explosive the next. This also means that APCs can quickly deploy smoke screens without hardly breaking their fire. Note that the Scimitar still has the delay when switching ammo types (I think this was an oversight). Also, the rate of fire on the Warrior and Scimitar cannons has been increased :D.
    • Tank Gunner Zoom Decreased: The max zoom of the tank gunner (but not the driver) is now X15 or something.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by Charity Case; 03-17-2008, 02:29 PM. Reason: Added link to change log...

Re: .75 Changes and Tips

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
    Slugshot Shotgun: The engineer now has a shotgun as his secondary weapon. This shotgun is meant for breaching doors (aka the plywood paneling in doors and fences) in one or two shots. And since the shotty now occupies the second slot (key 2), mines have been moved to key 9.
    Ah, I was wondering what that was for...
    APC Buffs: APC gunners can now switch ammo types without a delay. So you can engage vehicles with armor piercing one second and kill infantry with high explosive the next. This also means that APCs can quickly deploy smoke screens without hardly breaking their fire. Note that the Scimitar still has the delay when switching ammo types (I think this was an oversight). Also, the rate of fire on the Warrior and Scimitar cannons has been increased :D.
    YAY! YAY! and one for luck, YAY!
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

CO's or SL's can build CO assets with EITHER a CO truck or 2 Supply Crates
      Skud

Comment

Shotgun does not have the HUD symbol when zoomed in so start getting used to knowing where the center of your screen is.
        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
          Shotgun does not have the HUD symbol when zoomed in so start getting used to knowing where the center of your screen is.
          Easy. Just tap your Comm Rose button. Quick & easy way to align your sights.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Yeah i learned about the new grenade yesterday after i killed myself with it :P

About the heavy at , there are no more warning sounds is that correct ?

Comment

with the shotgun as the brits the shotgun in game is listed as the chinese shotgun i just dont know if it is the same model as the chinese shot gun but it defintly has the same name
              I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Yea, no more lock tone, I took out alot of APC's on a round of zatar yesterday because of this.

The cross hair on the HAT also seems to deviate less when your moving the launcher slowly so it's alot eaiser to lead a moving target or it could be because the lock tone is gone people aren't driving like crazy.

Comment

First,[*]APC Buffs: APC gunners can now switch ammo types without a delay. So you can engage vehicles with armor piercing one second and kill infantry with high explosive the next. This also means that APCs can quickly deploy smoke screens without hardly breaking their fire. Note that the Scimitar still has the delay when switching ammo types (I think this was an oversight). Also, the rate of fire on the Warrior and Scimitar cannons has been increased :D.[/list]
                  Great info from a great SL. One think I'd like to add to the APCs is that switching from driver to gunner now has the turret lock for a set amount of time (10-15 secs I believe) similiar to a main battle tank's. However, there is no lock for the cannon/coaxial so you can fire even when still in turret lock.

| |

Comment

However, there is no lock for the cannon/coaxial so you can fire even when still in turret lock.
                    So as long as the enemy line up in a straight row in front of the APC, one will be really leathal! Yeah! :D
                    sigpic
                    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      CO's or SL's can build CO assets with EITHER a CO truck or 2 Supply Crates
                      Dam you skud! We were keeping it a secret you said:). This is one of the most interesting changes imo, especially for maps where the us needs to get a foothold on land like Jabal.

Comment

It's still a secret because none of you will properly know how to USE those supply crates :p
                        Skud

Comment

On Operation Archer, the supply trucks have the TF21 logo on the cab doors and the HMMWVs sport the 6th's coat of arms.

Comment

On Operation Archer, the supply trucks have the TF21 logo on the cab doors and the HMMWVs sport the 6th's coat of arms.
                            Aaaah! I was about to post a picture of the Humvee. Oh well, I'll do it anyway...

I was messing round on a local server when I noticed this...
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Heh.

Didnt notice that one.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement