Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate that squad!

Basically I'm putting this up to rate different dedicated squads
    If your squad wants to be put up for rating, pm me. You can have up to 3 of your dedicated squads per squad leader. there will be 3 phases to this.

-Phase one/week one: SL's PM me w/ squad names and brief descriptions, I will update them all after the week is over.
    -Phase two/week two: People post on this thread rating any squad(s) they want on a 1-5 star ranking. If high ranking, give reason. If low ranking, give reason also.
    -Phase three: I will make a new thread averaging each Squads ranking.

Hopefully we can get an accurate ranking of the dedicated squads here.

Re: Rate that squad!

Squad members and squad leaders change so frequently, even in the course of one game I'm having trouble understanding what value this process will hold beyond ranking a specific squad's action on a specific day. Next time the squad leader forms up it could be with a completely different line up or completely different mission...Am I missing something?
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It's not for people who make an occasional squad, it for SL's who make squads every game with the same name usually.

IE: my squad, Dirti Tact, INF only i like to think it's a bit known

or dirtboy's squad which is well known TG Assualt.

Comment

edited.
        Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM. Reason: stated a more apporpriate response below.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I seriously hope me not being a supporting member makes you think me a bad person? I simply don't have the funds to get it.

This isn't supposed to put anyone down. If you don't think your squad is run up to par, you don't have to participate. Infact there might not be any participants, but it was just an endeavor.

Comment

I wouldn't be seriously worried about putting anyone down, but I would be concerned that it could make certain squads seem "exclusive" and could lead to some grumbling.

Comment

Most of the good SL's leave their Squads in a first come first serve, though some do keep it closed, That's fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                I seriously hope me not being a supporting member makes you think me a bad person?
                not at all, i didn't mean to come off that way.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  dirti, how about changing the blank space to a supportmember badge? my rating of you could go up a few points..heh heh.
                  Uh, WTF does that have to do with anything? I'm sure you're just joking around, but seriously, why even throw something like that out there?

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  every SL has different tactics, and every sl has good and bad rounds, and those rounds whether they are good and bad, can involve SL's and SM's that go above and beyond the duty of the team....and then those few can be nominated for ribbons.....

i would run it by one of the bf2 admins before going on a venture like this, not trying to burn your brdige before you put it up, but it could send the wrong message to sum.
                  I have no problem with this thread. If memory serves correct (which is a rarity lately), Dirti started a similar thread a couple of months ago about dedicated squads. I see this thread as an extension of that thread. Of course, popularity of a dedicated squad can be judged proportional to the time in which it fills up once created methinks.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

dirti is one of the most respected sl's around, i've learned a lot from him, and from his teachings i've been able to setup ambushes and keep my patience when waiting for the right moment to storm a building or to fire onto an oncoming vechile/blow c4.

i will edit my opening thread, it was merely in a joking manner. I have nothing against voting for great sl's and squad members, but i also thought thats what AAR's are about and what the ribbons are also for. This could be a good addition to the the AAR thread that is listed within tactical gamer.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Yes disposable i did (your memory's alright) I was thinking about making a Ver.3 but, wanted to try something else. I think this thread is getting more controversy than it's worth, but i still hope it picks up.

Comment

Well i think its a good idea at least.

My squads are generally called;
                        > 2NOOBY - Inf sqd
                        > TOWNOOBY - Tow humvee sqd
                        > TANKNOOBY - Armour
                        Im generally nooby, some frequent sqd members include
                        >NOT NATO_ecko
                        >Nerdydodge
                        >Vlexo.com
                        >Corporal_cody
                        And some others who i dont remember so much

Also Gabbane
                        Last edited by ollie_fool; 03-18-2008, 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot Gabbane

Comment

I just... feel like this is begging for flame wars or community bickering...
                          Skud

Comment

Bridge STU:
                            Well I personaly liked Skuds 'Bridge STU' (not sure if it was STU but it had three letters in it). I've been in it a couple of times and was great fun, I also like the fact he was open to others ideas, so the experiene was not all about one man and his orders. Not sure if he makes it outside of Fools Road though hehe.

Al's Squad:
                            Dunno if Bg Gay Al acturly names his squadsbut I like being in them specificaly because he will designate people there roles in the squad. The worst thing I think a Squad leader can do if say "grab what your good at" or "we need a medic and an AT so make sure to have them". I like to know whos got what and what they will be spawning with every time, makes much more easy and structured teamwork.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Bridge SFU is attempted blowing of the bridge on Fools, over and over.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X