Disturbing Trend (LAT/HAT/TOW/AA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing Trend (LAT/HAT/TOW/AA)

I've been noticing a very disturbing trend since the patch came out. Now this might be due to the heavy increase in Vanilla BF2 players after the patch invigorated the PR Mod. The disturbing trend I see involves the LAT/HAT/TOW/AA usage in the game.

More now than ever I am seeing infantry getting taken out by LATs. It's not like a Rifleman AT taking out some soldiers behind something or inside a building but more in the ways noob-tubers use the Grenadier kit. They run around with this thing out regardless if there are vehicles or anything nearby. They see infantry and they fire. Normally that's ok since LATs have only one fire in them but when you see it happen time and time again it starts to become a rocket launcher from Unreal instead of an anti-vehicle or asset weapon.

I have been seeing the same with HATs and TOWs. Just in the Qwai game this morning and Kashan earlier in the morning I witnessed HATs and TOWs being used against infantry. This is explicitly against the rules. No one fessed up to the crime of course but it did happen multiple times. How do I know it was a HAT? Well when you see the missile streak upward and then guide slightly down and right towards you, then it's pretty certain it's a HAT. As for the TOW, a TOW Humvee came right up on us and fired at us. Obviously both are against the rules.

AA emplacements are to be used against aircraft not land vehicles. Both on Kashan and again later on we had AA fire on us as both a Humvee and as infantry attempting to capture a CP. I don't know if it's listed under the rules as it's a new thing to have Stinger AA placed as a commander asset, but if it isn't is really should be added.

Lastly, it's the responsibility of those that wear the TG tag to obey the SOP and to report those that do not obey the SOP. Those of us who don't see what's going on because it's the other team doing it to us, can't report players who break the rules. It's up to the TG folk or other rule abiding players on the other team to do so. While I understand that there is some leeway due to influx of new Vanilla players, it's important that a message that TG will not tolerate blatant rules breakers and that you WILL get kicked and banned. So please people, stop thinking other people will do it. Man up and help keep the TG server clean.

Cheers.
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: Disturbing Trend (LAT/HAT/TOW/AA)

Yeah, its a problem, ive taken a rocket to the face alot. I had one squad member i was suppling with ammo, and he shot a HAT at some infantry crossing the desert. Luckily, he missed, and i told him about the rule. He honestly didnt know about them. I think the problem is that there is no way to know of this rule unless you join the forums...

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
    Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Which is an excellent argument for passwording the server...

Comment

I dont think passwording the server is the answer. Perhaps hte admins could put the Rule in game? Beside the other server rules that show up in-game.
        Passwording the server would lead to less players joining it IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
          Which is an excellent argument for passwording the server...
          The only problem with that is that it takes longer to log in, so i cant spam access requests and hopefully get it.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
          Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

That topic has been debated alot in the past. It may lead to less players, it may lead to more because pople know of the server and how good it is, and that may lead them to join the fourms and get the PW. There should be a thread where you have to read the whole thing before your able to click the i understand the rules. So people just dont jump over them.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

And that is the whole problem. 9 times out of 10, it's not that we really have a bunch of smacktards on the server, just people ignorant of the rules. It's when we correct them that they turn into smack talking idiots and get out of hand. If there was some way to make a person agree to the server rule before joining, I think we would have a lot less BS on the server and if they did act up, we would have every right to ban them because they knew they were breaking the rules. I cannot understand why no one has made some sort of mod that does this yet. I noticed the new PR patch has tips that shuffle randomly when the map is loading now. I wonder if we couldn't put the server rules in that spot and change the server graphic to something that also says to join the forums and read the rules before joining.

Comment

Seems to be common place as well for me. A few weeks back, (Qwia river ) driving a support truck across south bridge, and had dropped off a full load of inf. we where approached by a TOW humvee, which then proceeded to fire on the inf with missle completely disreguarding me . which disturbs me the most , also the use of LAT on Inf is getting outrageous. This i have mostly seen while on milita maps , where they use there RPG like a friggin sniper rifle.
                The Few,The Proud, The =WTC=
                =WTC=2ndLt.Plus2 (SA,TSSA,RCTR)
                sigpic
                ]Ahhhh it makes a day at the office worth every minute !

Comment

I had a situation similar to that, I was in a TOW Humvee on Qwai (as the gunner), we were heading down the road east of Govt. Offices, and a Chinese infantryman ran straight across the road and stopped. I was screaming "enemy infantry dead ahead!", everyone else was probably thinking "Why doesn't Westy just shoot him in the face?". I was almost tempted to give him a high explosive facelift out of sheer stupidity, not looking left and right before crossing the road. :)
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

contact and admin and if this happens in game type !reporting player etc...

even if you cannot see the person's name their kit shows up on bf2cc and its easy to go on from there..thats the best way to do it.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I second that there is a problem, I'm getting killed by at as infantry a lot. The main reason imo is that the AT's have become much easier to aim, and fly faster. It is still a waste of ammo on their part though.

Comment

Just to make it clear guys, we are never going to run a completely passworded server.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          Just to make it clear guys, we are never going to run a completely passworded server.
                          That's fine, I just mention it as part of the discussion. But really, has anyone looked into changing the text when the map loads and customize it to fit our server? We can tell people all day long to visit the forums, but it's almost a standard thing with gaming communities and clans to try and get more people to hang out on their forum so it's mostly ignored. I firmly believe that most of our public player related problems can be solved through education, but we need to work out ways to streamline the process to make it feasible. As it is, most players just want to play and could care less about a forum, but since our rules are here, we either need to get them here somehow, or get the rules to them in the game before they play.

Comment

Looking into adding more rules to the chat spam - otherwise it is incumbent on all of us here to "educate" the new players on the rules and our way of play.

Let's make today "Learn TG" day - create a bunch of "Learn TG" squads, get different people in your squad and educate them on the do's and don'ts of our server and how we expect people to play. That is probably the best weapon against ignorance and will be the most effective way to reduce the idiocy rampant on the server.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Agreed. Yesterday each member of the 6th ran a different squad, with mostly new people. I for one had a few new people I've never seen before who followed orders and seemed like great players that we will hopefully be seeing around regularly :).

I haven't tried out the new AA in the patch, but in regular .7 it was nearly impossible to hit anything on the ground. They were erratic and didn't detonate after a certain distance. If you want to sit out completely exposed in an AA emplacement and try unsuccessfully to hit troops or vehicles, be my guest...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X